Charging a ring doorbell requires no expertise or being a professional, but at first, it might seem rigorous. Doorbells alert occupants of the arrival of a visitor to a home. Most modern doorbells often include intercoms and small video cameras to help increase home security levels.
With the constant improvement in technology ring doorbells are quite becoming a security gadget every homeowner must-have. In this article we would take a brief look at, how to remove the battery of a ring doorbell, how long does it take to charge a ring doorbell and some of the basic features of a doorbell.
Some of the features of a ring doorbell include:
- It contains a motion sensor that can detect motion around 30 feet away. Once it senses motion, its camera activates and it will take a video of its surroundings.
- It is user-friendly and its installation process is quite easy.
It allows two-way communication (you can see and communicate with the visitor at the door).
- It serves a double purpose (it is equipped with a video and motion sensor).
- The Ring app is very quality and easy to use.
- The Ring doorbell is durable as it can withstand harsh weather.
How Long Does it Take to Charge a Ring Doorbell?
The average time it takes a ring doorbell to fully charge is between 6 to 8 hours. To charge a ring doorbell you need to use a micro-USB cable which is often included in the box when your purchase the device. Then you plug the micro USB cable into any USB power source like a computer or a USB charger.
How to Charge Your Ring Doorbell Battery
Like we said earlier to charge a Ring doorbell you need a micro USB cable and a stable power source like a computer.
- Next, you need to know the version of the ring video doorbell that you are using. The earlier types of ring video doorbells (1st generation and 2020 release) are designed in such a way that the entire doorbell unit has to be removed from the mount.
- The other types of Ring doorbells (Ring doorbells 2,3,3+ and 4) are made in such a way that their batteries are removable under the faceplates.
For Ring Video Doorbell versions 1st Generation and 2020 Release, follow these steps to have it fully charged :
- Remove the security screws at the base of the doorbell, the shape of the nut will determine the screwdriver to use.
- Then lift the doorbell and pull it away from the mounting bracket, till it finally comes off.
While For Ring Video Doorbell 2, 3, 3+ and 4 versions follow the step below to remove and fix back your ring doorbell battery.
- Remove the security screws on the base of the faceplate. Then gently squeeze the faceplate ridges on both sides and lift the faceplate off.
- Then, press the silver metal tab to release the battery.
- You will see a charging port in the battery, then connect a micro-USB charger to charge fully.
When your battery is fully charged, you will see a solid green light on it. Give your doorbell a ring test once you fix the doorbell or the battery. This will reset the battery percentage in the Ring App.
Recommended: How to Turn Off Power Reserve on Apple Watch
You will only see an updated battery status only when your doorbell is fixed and reconnected to your wifi network.
How Long Does Ring Doorbell Battery Last
A Ring doorbell battery can last several months of constant use before being charged. However environmental factors such as heat or high temperature, rain, and other local weather conditions and as well as the number of activities captured can determine how long the ring doorbell battery can last.
How Long Does it Take to Charge a Ring 2 Battery?
The ring doorbell 2 often takes about 5 to 10 hours to be fully charged and it also depends on whether the USB cable is properly plugged into a USB port or if it is plugged into a wall outlet. Ring doorbell 2 is commonly charged using a common micro-USB cable which is often included in your ring box. The micro-USB cable can be plugged into any USB power source including a computer.
How to Charge Ring Doorbell 2
Ring doorbell 2 is commonly charged using a common micro-USB cable which is often included in your ring box. The micro-USB cable can be plugged into any USB power source including a computer.
- Then loosen the security screw on the base of the doorbell with a screwdriver and lift the faceplate and pull it away from the wall.
Remove the battery by pressing the release tab.
- Connect your micro-USB charger to the charging port in the battery and when your battery is fully charged, the light on the battery displays solid green.
- Then properly slide the fully charged battery back into the Ring Doorbell. I will give a click sound when the battery is secure.
- Give about 30 seconds for the Ring Doorbell 2 to start up, then return the faceplate to the Ring Doorbell and tighten the screws back with your screwdrivers.
Ring Doorbell 2 Battery Life
The ring doorbell 2 can be constantly used for several months before deciding to recharge it. Although it is designed in such a way that it can withstand harsh weather conditions, however, if it is not shielded from these weather conditions it could affect its use in the long run. Apart from harsh weather conditions, the number of activities captured can also be a deciding factor that will decide how long the ring doorbell 2 battery life would last
Ring Doorbell Charger
A ring doorbell uses a micro-USB cable and an orange one is usually included in your Ring box at the time of purchase. The micro-USB cable can be plugged into any USB power source such as a computer or a power adapter. However, each maker decides its specifications and the package the Ring doorbell comes along with. Some come with a charging station, power adapter, and USB cable.
Ring Doorbell Battery not Charging
If your ring doorbell battery is not charging then it could be due to your negligence. Negligence on your part could be due to a poor wifi connection, or a problem with your charging cable. However if after solving these problems it persists then you can generally cross-check your house power supply or your source of supply such as your computer.
How Do I Know When My Ring Doorbell is Fully Charged?
Your ring doorbell displays a solid green light when it’s fully and properly charged for about 6-8 hours of stable and constant power supply. While the ring doorbell 2 will charge for close to 5 – 10 hours.
In Conclusion, a ring doorbell is a security tool that provides maximum security for every homeowner and it should be fixed on every doorstep. It is designed with a camera, audio, and auto alarming features which help to guide against home invasions, intruders, and all kinds of thefts.
Charging a ring doorbell is not as rigorous as it seems, and “how long does it take to charge a ring doorbell” depends on the model of the ring doorbell and certain other factors attached to it. However, generally, it takes long hours to fully charge your ring doorbell.