Whenever your apple watch is in power reserve mode, it won’t communicate with your iPhone and it will only let you see the time on your watch. At that period, you might have other things you want to do and since it’s in a power reserve mode, it might be very difficult. Well in this article we will guide you on “how to turn off power reserve on apple watch” and preventive measures to avoid such a situation.
Meanwhile, before we proceed, you need to understand what Apple mean by Apple watch power research in order to understand the need how you need to read this article on how to turn off power reserve on Apple watch if you have one.
What is Apple Watch Power Reserve
Power Reserve mode allows you to see the time on your Apple Watch while preserving your battery life. When your Apple Watch is in Power Reserve, you need to press the side button to show the current time.
In Power Reserve mode, your Apple Watch and iPhone won’t be able to communicate with each other, and you can not access other watch features. This helps to prevent your device from switching off at an unwanted period.
So, if you mistakenly turn off the power reserve mode you may want to disable it to let your iPhone and watch communicate.
Apple Watch Low Power Mode Activity
Your Apple watch’s low power mode activity is otherwise known as power reserve mode, which only allows you to see the time on your apple watch. If turned off you will no longer be able to track all your phone activities that are taking place underground.
When to Turn on Power Reserve
When is the right time to turn on your apple watch power reserve mode since it’s not advisable to always put it on?
- When your battery drops to about 10 per cent, your Apple Watch alerts you and asks if you want to use Power Reserve.
- When your apple watch battery level gets too low, your watch automatically enters Power Reserve, and the low battery icon appears next to the time.
How to Turn on Power Reserve Apple Watch
The steps to turn on your Apple watch power reserve mode are quite simple and here we will walk you through how to turn on power reserve on your apple watch if you need to do so.
- Swipe up on the watch face to open Control Center.
- Tap the battery percentage.
- Drag the Power Reserve slider, then tap Proceed.
How to Turn off Power Reserve on Apple Watch
You might want to turn off your apple watch from power reserve mode for various reasons. Power reserve mode prevents you from fully maximizing the use of your apple watch. You might be in a desperate condition and might want to turn off your apple watch from power reserve mode. Well, these few simple steps will guide you on how to turn off power reserve mode.
- Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo come up.
- Wait for your Apple Watch to restart, once it’s completed then you will need to charge your Apple Watch first.
- Then check your battery charge level.
You can check your apple watch battery charge level in various ways and some of these ways include:
- Make sure to swipe up on the watch face to open Control Center and see the battery percentage.
- On some watch faces, you can add a battery complication, which allows you to monitor the battery level of your apple watch and iPhone devices.
- On your iPhone, you can add a battery widget to help monitor the battery levels of your iPhone and other connected accessories including the apple watch and other devices.
- Whenever your Apple Watch is charging in Nightstand mode, tap the charging button to see the battery percentage level.
With apple watchOS 7 and above, make sure to open the Settings app, then tap on the Battery icon. You will see your current charge level along with a detailed charging graph which is plotted against percentage and time.
How to Charge your Apple Watch
When your apple watch battery is low, you will see the low battery icon on the screen of your Apple Watch. Make sure you take some preventive steps whenever you want to charge your Apple Watch to avoid damage:
Recommended: How to Charge Pencil 2
- Handle your Apple Watch and accessories safely and make sure to always take off your watch before charging it.
- Plug the Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable, Apple Watch Magnetic Fast Charging USB-C Cable or Apple Watch Magnetic
- Charging cord into a USB power adapter.
- Plug the USB power adapter into a stable power outlet or you can also plug the charging cable into a USB port.
- Position the back of your Apple Watch on the charger. Once the charger’s magnets align with your Apple Watch, you will see the battery charging icon on your watch face.
- Give your Apple Watch enough time to charge very well. While your device is charging, your Apple Watch goes into Nightstand mode.
- NOTE: If you are using Apple Watch Series 7, you can charge your apple watch very quickly with fast charging. With fast charging, your Apple Watch Series 7 battery level can now move from 0 percent to 80 percent in less than an hour. However, to fast charge, you will require an Apple USB-C Magnetic Fast Charging Cable. Well, this cable has aluminium around the magnetic charger as well as a USB-C connector.
Optimized Battery Charging
Apple watchOS 7 and above will allow your Apple Watch to learn from your daily charging habits and this will improve the lifespan of your battery.
However, it is designed to be activated only in locations where you spend most of your time like your home or place of work and this feature won’t turn on when your usage habit is less stable like when you travel.
How to Maximize your Battery life and Lifespan
The Battery life of your device is the duration of time your device can run before it needs to be charged again. While Battery lifespan is the duration of time that your battery lasts before it needs to be replaced.
You can get the most out of your Apple devices by maximizing both the battery life and battery lifespan of your devices, some of the steps include:
- Make sure your Apple Watch is always using the latest version of watchOS.
- A few ways to preserve the battery life on your Apple watch include adjusting some of your settings.
- Turn on Power Saving Mode to disable heart rate sensors during workouts.
- You can choose to use a Bluetooth chest strap instead of the built-in heart rate sensor for very long workouts.
- You can prevent the display from turning on every time you raise your wrist, especially when you are active with your hands and the display keeps turning on more than you think it should.
- Lastly, If your Apple Watch battery needs service or replacement, Kindly use Apple or an authorized service provider.
Apple Watch Power Reserve How Long
When your apple watch is on power reserve mode, it limits your iWatch usage and allows you to see the time for up to 72 hours, which is 3 days.
Apple Watch Power Adapter
The apple watch power adapter often comes along with your watch as part of its accessories. Your apple watch will come along with a power adapter and a USB cable.
In conclusion, learning “how to turn off power reserve on apple watch” might seem confusing and frustrating for most people. The good thing is it requires no technical knowledge or any special skills. I hope this article has been such a good guide.