Are you enjoying your stay at home and no work challenge following the pandemic disease outbreak? Well, you are probably not the only one enjoying at home this time. Please keep your kids safe and make them watch their hands at a regular interval and sanitize as often as possible to make sure they are safe. However, I have taken pleasure in finding time to enjoy some movies on Amazon Prime with my family at home. However, the cost price has been a significant problem some streamers have been asking for. As in, how much is Amazon prime membership? We all know that Amazon Prime cost is divided into categories with a different cost price. Therefore, if you are planning to subscribe to Amazon Prime video this time, you will find this article helpful on how much it will cost you to buy the Amazon Prime membership monthly and yearly for both the students, family, and business plan.
Amazon Prime Membership Plan
Amazon offers 30-days free trial for all prime membership plans. There will be no charges made on your credit card within this trial-period. However, when you are registering for the free Amazon Prime free trial, you will be prompt to enter your credit card details for the payment process at the end of the trial period. However, the Amazon prime cost depends on the plan’s free trial.
This is an Amazon Prime video plan mainly for students that love to watch video content on Amazon with their student plan. The plans can be accessed on smartphones and computers with login access. However, the Amazon Prime students’ plan is free for a whole six months before you will be charged.
The Amazon Prime plan for the family is called Amazon unlimited. This is the plan for an entire household, unlike the student plan. The price is a bitter higher than the students’ plan with more benefits compared to the students’ plan. The family plan allows up to 6 members of the family to share the same login to access my Amazon prime account.
How to Share Amazon Prime Login
You manually need to invite members of your family to join the Amazon family plan before they can access the account from their own end.
- Log into your Amazon Prime account.
- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Click on the settings tab.
- Select Invite an “Adult” under Households and Family Library.
- Enter the username and send the invite.
Now, you can prompt the family member to accept the invitation to start using your Amazon Prime video account.
How Family Member can Access Amazon Prime Video on Smart TV
After you have sent to the invite and the family member accepted the invitation the Amazon Prime login can now be used to stream Prime videos at their own end and on their smart TV.
- Log in to your Amazon Prime video account.
- Click on “Next” on “Your Video Library”.
- Tap on “Your Video Library” to access all videos you have rented or purchased.
- Select the “Movies” or “TV” you rented or purchased that you wanted to stream or download.
- Tap on the “Title” of the video you want to stream or download.
- Click on “watch” to start watching or “Resume” to continue watching previous movies or the “download” to download it to your device.
How much is Amazon Prime for Students?
Amazin Prime cost for students is slashed into two. First, monthly payment and secondly annual payment. After the first 6 months free trial for students, After the Amazon students free trial the cost plan goes for $6.49 per month or $59 per year. However, to enjoy the students’ Amazon Prime discount price you MUST provide “.edu” email address while you are applying for Amazon for students.
However, after four years you will be expected to graduate from school and move up to pay the normal cost price of $119 per year. But, you will still enjoy the four years of discount for using Amazon Prime for students.
How Much is Amazon Prime for Family?
You will tend to pay more [IF] you choose to renew your Amazon Prime for family monthly compared to the annual payment. On a flat rate without promo or discount code, you will pay $12.99 per month to renew your Amazon Prime family membership and $119 annually.
So, if you are to keep paying for your Amazon Prime for family manually per month or you selected the monthly payment for the family plan you will end up paying $155.88.
How to Cancel Amazon Membership
Amazon doesn’t make membership committed to the service. So, there is a freedom to cancel the membership. Therefore, if you want to cancel your Amazon Prime membership either as a student or family account operator here is what you should do.
- Go to Amazon.com
- Log into your prime video account.
- Hover to the “Profile” personalized settings and click on “Your Prime Membership”.
- Click on “End prime membership and benefits” to the left panel.
- You will see your subscription plan. So, click on the “I Do Not Want My Benefits” button located in the middle.
- Click “Continue” to cancel”.
- Click on “Cancel Membership” from the pop.
That is it. Your Amazon Prime video membership subscription will be terminated at the end of the ongoing membership.