Are you weary of how to activate ESPN on Roku TV? Then this guide will expose the trick to download, install and activate ESPN Plus on Roku TV. The tips in this guide work for all supported Roku TV to download, install, generate the ESPN or ESPN+ activation code for Roku TV.
The steps to follow to add ESPN to Roku TV and start streaming are simple. The limitation or downside is that the Roku TV must be compatible with the ESPN+ app.
Roku TV is a streaming device to download, install and play a series of streaming apps with or without the activation code.
A streaming platform that requires an activation code such as the ESPN activation for Roku will prompt users to activate the device outside the Roku TV such as visiting the streaming platform activation site.
However, for ESPN Plus users, you will be prompted to subscribe to a paid plan before you can activate the ESPN app on your Roku TV if your subscription has expired.
At the end of this article, you will be able to activate ESPN on Roku TV and fix the ESPN app or ESPN Plus app not working on your Roku TV.
Create ESPN Account on Roku TV
An ESPN app account is required to activate ESPN on Roku TV. At first, you need to get the ESPN app activation code for your Roku TV [after installing the app on your Roku TV] as you will be prompted to sign in to your ESPN account with your ESPN username and password.
Meanwhile, the easiest approach to sign up for ESPN is using your streaming device. So, in this guide, we will discuss how to sign up for ESPN on Roku TV.
- Launch the ESPN or ESPN app on your Roku TV [See how to download and install the ESPN app on your Roku TV below].
- Click on “Subscription” >>Sign Up.”
- Enter your personal information such as name, credit card details, username, password, email, etc.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
Follow the instruction on the screen to complete your ESPN sign-up.
Connect Roku TV to the Internet
The first step to take is to connect the Roku TV to the internet so that you will be able to download or add the ESPN or ESPN Plus app to your Roku Channel.
- Press the “Home” button on your Roku TV [After the device is switched on].
- Use the remote navigation button and choose “Settings.”
- Choose “Network” and then choose “Set up Connection.”
- Select “Wired or Wireless” depending on your means of internet connection.
- If your select “Wired” plug the ethernet cable to the Roku and if the option you choose is “Wireless” find the network name and select it.
- Enter or type the wireless network username and password and click on the “OK” button.
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the Roku TV to connect to the device.
If the connection is successful you will see a check button indicating that the Roku TV is connected to the internet.
How to Add ESPN App to Roku TV
We need to make sure that we can add either ESPN or ESPN Plus to our Roku TV before we can talk about how to activate ESPN on Roku TV.
If the ESPN app is not available on your Roku streaming device then you will need to use either airplay on iPhone/iPad or screen share on Android to cast your phone screen to your TV at home to use the ESPN app on your (smart) device.
- Switch on your Roku TV by either pressing the power button on the remote or Roku.
- Navigate to “Streaming Channels.”
- Search for “ESPN+” and select it from the pop-up or suggestions.
- Choose “Add Channel” to add the ESPN app to your Roku streaming device.
- Wait for a couple of minutes for the app to be added
Once you have successfully added the ESPN app to your Roku device a confirmation message will appear that you have successfully added the app to your device channel.
How to Activate ESPN on Roku TV
After you have connected your Roku to the internet and added the ESPN app to your Roku channel then you can proceed with the steps below to activate the ESPN app on the Roku device.
- Launch the ESPN or ESPN Plus app on your Roku TV or streaming device.
- Select the “ESPN Settings.”
- Choose “Subscriptions >> ESPN+ >> Login.”
- ESPN activation code for Roku TV and https://espn.com/activate will pop up.
- Visit https://ESPN.com/activate on a web browser on your smartphone or PC.
- Type the ESPN Roku TV activation on the screen.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Sign in to your ESPN account with your username or password.
If you follow the steps above correctly your ESPN account will be linked to your Roku TV and you will be able to access the ESPN content on your Rok TV.
How to Cancel ESPN Subscription on Roku
There is an option to cancel your ESPN+ bill on your Roku account directly from the Roku website.
- Visit Roku.com on your smartphone or PC web browser.
- Select Profile >> Manage your Subscription.
- Choose “ESPN+“ from the list of services that you are subscribed to on your Roku.
- Choose “Unsubscribe” on the subscription management page.
- Confirm the cancellation from the pop-up.
At this point, you should be able to activate ESPN on Roku TV and manage your ESPN+ subscription on your Roku account.