What do you know about ESPN, because I am sure you have at one point or the other, heard something about it. Well, today you will get to know how to activate ESPN on Samsung Smart TV.
Sports is almost everyone’s favourite content. I doubt if there is any home that does not have someone who is a die-hard fan of Sports, ranging from soccer to basketballs and all the rest, and this is reason enough for you to activate ESPN on your Samsung Smart TV.
More so, watching Sports on your Smart TV can give you that experience of being in the stadium first hand even when you are just ordinarily in your living room.
ESPN is the initials for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network, an American multinational basic cable sports channel jointly owned by The Walt Disney Company and Hearst Communications. Walt Disney owns it by 80% while Hearst Communication owns it by 20%.
ESPN is considered The Worldwide Leader in Sports as it is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company, featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.
In fact, ESPN is оnе оf thе bіggеѕt nаmеѕ whісh соmе tо оur mіnd whеn wе tаlk аbоut ѕроrtѕ brоаdсаѕtіng as sоmе mајоr lеаguеѕ, like the NВА аnd NFL, аrе brоаdсаѕtеd оn thіѕ сhаnnеl. Тоdау, іt hаѕ rеасhеd оvеr 200 соuntrіеѕ аnd hаѕ оvеr 86 mіllіоn hоuѕеhоldѕ vіеwеrѕhір.
Now that we have established what the ESPN really is, a Smart TV is a television set that connects to the internet and allows the users to use services like video streaming, web browsing/surfing, or even gaming.
So basically, Smart TV allows access to traditional electronic media (regular television channels) along with online interactive media and ‘Over The Top’ (OTT) content. It also allows home networking solutions such that all devices and be connected.
How To Activate ESPN on Samsung Smart TV
Getting on to the main gist of the day, with the steps we will be offering right now, you will be able to activate ESPN on your Samsung Smart TV, in no time. Start by;
- Turning on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Then, in the search bar, type ESPN.
- Choose the ESPN app from the search result.
- Select the Install tab to install the ESPN app on your Samsung TV.
- After installation, open the ESPN app and note down the Activation Code.
- Go to to ESPN.com/activate on your phone or PC browser.
- Enter the ESPN’s activation code and click Continue.
- Restart the ESPN app and log in with your cable subscription account.
- With that done, you now have access to unlimited sports content.
How To Remove ESPN From Samsung Smart TV
Although we are discussing how to activate ESPN on your Samsung Smart TV, and should not be encouraging you to remove it, but in the spirit of giving you balanced information, we will share how to remove ESPN from your Samsung Smart TV, just in case.
- Pressing the Home button on your remote to bring up the smart hub, then select Settings.
- Scroll down to the Support tab (the cloud with a question mark), then select Device Care.
- Wait for your TV to run a quick scan, then select Manage Storage.
- Select the app(s) you want to remove, then select Delete
Select OK to confirm.
- A status bar will appear showing the deletion progress. When it reaches 100%, select OK. The app should no longer appear in your viewing selection.
- Meanwhile, this guide to removing apps is only peculiar to the 2020 model of Samsung Smart TV.
How To Fix ESPN not Responding on Samsung Smart TV.
Below are some fixes to the ESPN app not responding on your Samsung Smart TV.
1. Update the Application
For an easier use, most Samsung Smart devices have automatic updates enabled by default. So provided your TV is on and connected, updates to ESPN will automatically push to your device as they become available.
Therefore, it is highly recommended that automatic updates are enabled to ensure that you always have the latest and greatest version of the app!
However, if for any reason, your ESPN application does not update automatically, then you can do so manually, by;
- Switching on the TV
- Navigating to the Samsung Smart Hub
- Navigating to the Apps area.
- Pressing and holding the select button on the Travel
- Channel app and a sub-menu will appear.
- Select “Update apps” and if an update for Travel Channel is available
- Choose “Update” – this might take a few minutes.
2. Soft Reset Your Samsung TVs
A soft reset shuts the TV down completely and reboots it, rather than placing it just into standby mode. This can solve issues that you may be having with the ESPN. There are two ways to soft reset your TV.
- Press and hold the power button on your remote until the TV turns off and on again. This should only take about 5 seconds.
- Unplug your TV from the power socket for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
With either of the two methods, the issue should be sorted.
3. Clear App Cache
What clearing cache does, is remove temporary files to help free up needed space. By clearing cache, the app will start working fine as normal.
So this is how to go about that;
- Tap the Home button on your Samsung smart TV’s remote control.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Go to the System apps.
- Choose the app you want to clear the cache with.
- Tap on “Clear cache”.
- Tap OK to confirm.
ESPN has been designed not only for your entertainment but for your comfort as well.
We hope that by reading through this article, you will make up your mind to activate ESPN on your Samsung Smart TV, and enjoy all of the possibilities in that.
Thank you and be sure to keep an eye for more related contents like this.