Check out how to activate ESPN Plus on Xbox and watch your favorite sports on your Xbox video gaming console. This article will turn your Xbox console into a multifunctional device by using the ESPN app on the video gaming device.
The process to activate ESPN on Xbox for some people is daunting but with this guide, we will take a giant walk that will help you to link your ESPN subscription to your Xbox using the ESPN activation code for Xbox [One, 360, S|X series] on espn.com/activate.
Meanwhile, there are two ways to activate the ESPN app on your Xbox. We will discuss both methods in this article so that you can choose what is best for you.
- Using ESPN Subscription
- Using a TV Provider.
Both methods work as expected. But you reduce the cost of streaming the ESPN service on your Xbox console if you have a TV provider account without subscribing to ESPN Plus.
Perhaps we should consider the second method as to how to activate ESPN on Xbox without a subscription.
And on the other side, you need to subscribe to ESPN Plus to use the ESPN service on your Xbox or ESPN website or the mobile app.
However, the good news to watch ESPN on Xbox without cable online is that you only need to keep a subscription active.
Since you can use a TV Provider with the ESPN service on your media streaming devices such as Roku, Firestick, gaming consoles such as Xbox, PS4 & PS5, Smart TV such as Samsung Smart TV, Apple TV, Fire TV [Amazon], LG WebOS TV, and other supported devices and other services on the TV provider, using subscribing to a TV provider has more benefits.
How to Install ESPN Plus on Xbox
Follow the steps below to download and install the ESPN app on your Xbox video gaming console for free.
- Switch on your Xbox and connect it to the internet.
- Navigate to “My Games & Apps.”
- Find the “ESPN App”, highlight and select it.
- If the ESPN app isn’t available use the search function and search for “ESPN.”
- Select “Get it Free.”
- Click on “Confirm”
Wait for a couple of minutes to download and install the ESPN app on your console. The ESPN app will be downloaded and installed on your Xbox as “ESPN.”
Now, you need to turn the ESPN app to ESPN Plus by connecting the app to your ESPN +subscription or TV Provider’s account to turn the ESPN app to ESPN Plus.
How to Activate ESPN Plus on Xbox with Subscription
Follow the steps below to turn the ESPN app to ESPN Plus on your Xbox console using your ESPN Plus subscription.
- Go to your Xbox Console Home and launch the ESPN app.
- Click on the “Settings” gear icon.
- Navigate and select “Subscription.”
- Click on “Find ESPN +” >> Subscribe.
- Select “Login.”
- The ESPN app will display the ESPN Xbox activation code and espn.com/activate.
- On your PC or smartphone [Android or iPhone] visit espn.com/activate.
- Type the ESPN activation code displayed on the TV screen and click on the “Continue” button.
- Sign in to your ESPN Plus account with your ESPN Plus login username and password.
Shortly after the above steps, the ESPN app will unlock the ESPN Plus subscription on the Xbox console.
How to Activate ESPN on Xbox without Subscription
With a TV Provider’s account, you don’t need the ESPN subscription. And since the ESPN on-top demand streaming devices support a variety of TV providers, you can make use of the opportunity.
Meanwhile, ESPN supports the following TV Providers.
- AT&T U-Verse
- Bright House Networks
- Comcast XFINITY
- Midcontinent Communications
- Time Warner Cable or Verizon FIOS
And here is how to watch ESPN on Xbox with a TV provider.
- Launch the ESPN app on your Xbox.
- Sign in to your ESPN.com [not ESPN Plus] account.
- At this point, you will be prompted to sign in with your TV provider with the activation code on espn.com/activate.
- Now, go to espn.com/activate on your phone or PC browser.
- Enter the ESPN activation code on the TV screen. Select “Continue” and select the name of your TV provider.
- Enter your TV provider’s username and password and sign in.
Once the username and password are confirmed, the ESPN app activation code and espn.com/activate on the TV screen will refresh automatically and grant access to the locked ESPN content on your Xbox.
So, if you are at this point, you should be able to activate ESPN Plus on Xbox with a subscription and how to activate the ESPN app on Xbox with a TV provider.
you should be able to activate ESPN Plus on Xbox with subscription and how to activate the ESPN app on Xbox with TV provider.