All you need to do to know how to activate Hulu on PS4 will be discussed in this article and you are guaranteed a lifetime of incredible entertainment (provided you renew your subscriptions as at when due).
Hulu is a unique streaming service with TV channels and on-demand content, which is why you need to know how you can activate Hulu on your PS4.
Hulu has a catalog that contains over 2,000 movies, from new releases to classics and over 1,000 TV shows, including critically acclaimed Hulu Originals such as the Emmy-winning The Handmaid’s Tale and the impactful period drama Harlots.
Hulu is also home to several documentaries and children’s shows and a continually updated selection of new content.
It offers over 65 network TV channels, which you can live-stream,and keep up on news and sports and enjoy lots of programs from many of the biggest Networks.
Do we even need to say much about PS4s, as the gaming console has succeeded in both carving a niche for itself and also made a name for itself in the world of gaming and entertainment.
PlayStation 4 consoles are a great way to game without the complexities of PC gaming, because it allows you move around the entire experience using a controller instead of of keyboard and mouse.
More so, software updates install quickly and lets you get back to gaming or watching your favorite TV shows and movies.
Key Features of the PS4
Here, we will just simply list out the amazing features that makes the PS4 thick or let’s say a worthy buy.
- It is considered the world’s most powerful console
- It has a spectacular graphics
- Ultimate performance is guaranteed
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology.
- Extraordinary entertainment
- Enhanced gameplay
- Ultimate Share Play and Remote Play
- Improve your current setup
- Play the best games
- More connections
- Slick interface
- Exclusive PS4 features
How To Install Hulu on PS4
Before installing Hulu, you want to make sure that you’ve signed into your PlayStation Network account and signed up for one of Hulu’s subscription plans. Once that is done, you can download the Hulu app onto your PS4 for free, and of course go ahead to install and activate it as well
To Install the app, you want to follow these easy steps;
- First, you need to find the Hulu app.
- To achieve that, use your PS4 controller to select the PlayStation Store icon on the PlayStation home menu, then type “Hulu” into the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Next, scroll to the Hulu app that appears in the results, and select it. This will take you to the app page, from which you can select the Download option that’s located underneath the Hulu logo.
- The download process shouldn’t take long. Once it’s complete, select Start, which will take you to the app itself so you can sign in and voilà!
- Now that Hulu is installed, you can easily find the app by selecting the TV & Video icon, which is located on the PlayStation home menu ribbon.
How To Activate Hulu on PS4
With that done, you can now go ahead to activate the Hulu App on your PS4, by simply following the steps below;
- Go to your app section and click on the “Hulu Plus App”.
- Once opened, you would be directed that a page that has the prompt “Activate this Device”
- Just under that prompt, you would see an activation code. It is usually alphanumeric with 6 characters.
- Go ahead and copy this code somewhere.
- Then, go back to your Computer, Laptop, or Mobile device
- Then, go to “hulu.com/activate” and enter this activation code.
- That done, click “Activate” after entering the activation code.
- Wait for about a minute and then sign in to your Hulu App on your PS4.
- Sit back and begin streaming to enjoy the endless entertainment available for you on Hulu
Other Steaming Services Available on PS4
How To Fix Hulu Not Responding on PS4
Follow the suggestions below to fix Hulu app not working or responding on PS4 gaming console.
1. Check network connection and connectivity
You will always, always need an internet connection to be able to stream from Hulu. So if your Hulu app happens to not function properly after activation, then;
- Make sure your internet connection is up and running. Connect a different device e.g., a phone or a laptop to the same network and access Hulu.
- Make sure the PS4 is connected to the network, as it could happen that the connection had dropped. In this case, go to the settings on the PS4 and connect to the network again.
- Make sure the PS4 is getting decent signal strength and that there is nothing that can interfere with the signals.
2. Power Cycle Your Gaming Console
Power cycling is simply the process of turning hardware off and then turning it on again. In the data center, technicians use power cycling to test the durability and reliability of network components. So if your Hulu wouldn’t respond, then power cycle it by;
- Pressing the Power button to turn off the PS4 console completely.
- Unplug the main power supply wire from the socket of the console. About 5-10 minutes later, hold the PS4 power button for 30 seconds to drain all the left energy.
- Now, you can reconnect the cables and press the Power button to restart your console.
- Launch the application and see if the Hulu PS4 corrupted error has been resolved.
3. You could also face the constant freezes of Hulu, and that can be a problem. If that happens, then it is most likely due to poor internet connection, bugs in the application, browser problems, etc.
So, you can fix them by clearing the cache, checking the internet connection and reinstalling apps, if need be.
The PS4 is a gaming console but it doesn’t limit itself to just games, as it is an entertainment platform that supports, in addition to games, streaming services like Hulu, which is why this article is discussing how you can activate Hulu on your PS4.
Whatever preferences you have in the entertainment, be it live shows, documentaries, News networks etc., Hulu is here for you, just activate it on your PS4 and bask in the fun.