In 2014, Amazon acquired Twitch TV (previously known as Twitch), a well-known video live streaming service. Twitch TV is an online service for live streaming shows or gameplay footage archives. Twitch TV focuses essentially on video game live streaming, players of the video games transmit themselves during the game. Activate Twitch TV on Xbox.
In this article, we will be putting you through how you can activate Twitch TV on Xbox effortlessly and also giving you solutions to the common problems you could encounter in the cause of the activation process. Stay tuned!
To effectively and efficiently activate Twitch TV on Xbox, you need an excellent working internet connection, mobile or desktop. If the network has a poor standing, the connection fluctuates and the activation is unsuccessful. Twitch. tv/activate is the website to navigate that will help you activate Twitch TV on your desired device like Fire TV, Xbox, Roku, or PS4.
You must know that to use your Twitch account on any other media player aside from your computer, it will need to be activated. Ensure you are logged into your twitch account on your mobile phone or desktop. In case you are not logged in, kindly log in to your twitch account to link with your Xbox account. Don’t have a twitch account? Then, visit twitch.tv and open your twitch account.
First of all, you must activate Twitch TV on your streaming device to use it. However, the exact activation steps may differ depending on the device you choose to use. The whole activation process involves generating a code on your PC that will be entered on Twitch using your desired device. Activate Twitch TV on Xbox following the steps below.
Sign Up For A Twitch Account
Don’t have a Twitch account? It’s important to create one so you can watch Twitch videos on your Xbox, follow the steps below carefully to create one:
- Open https://www.twitch.tv/ on any browser of choice.
- Click on the “Sign Up” option at the top right corner.
- Fill in your “Username” (the name you will be recognized with on Twitch, though you can change it any time).
- Enter all your information like, “Username”, “Password,” “Confirm Password” (re-type password), Date of Birth (mm/dd/yy), Phone Number, and Email Address (you can change this to any time).
- Tap “Sign Up” on the bottom side.
- Then you have created a Twitch account easily.
In case you don’t want to go through this, kindly go to your Facebook account. Twitch will then recover all of your Facebook information and allow you to use your account without any problem. You can go continue the activation process now that you have signed up for a Twitch TV account.
How to Activate Twitch TV
After creating a Twitch TV account, the next thing to do is to activate Twitch TV to enjoy live streaming of diverse gameplay footage and live shows. Note that different activation steps are required for the different streaming devices but we are focussing on the Xbox in this article. Without much ado, follow the steps below to activate Twitch TV:
- Create a Twitch Account first.
- Use any device like a smartphone, a laptop, or a computer.
- On your device, open the app store.
- Search for Twitch using the search bar.
- Download the Twitch TV app by clicking on Install.
- Create a new account by opening the app on your device.
- Fill in all details about your email and mobile number.
- Then sign up.
- An activation code will be sent to your mobile number.
- Enter the Activation Code into your Twitch TV app.
- Do the verification and you are good to go.
How to Activate Twitch TV On Xbox
This is how you can easily activate the Twitch TV on Xbox One or Xbox 360. Follow the below guidelines for a successful Twitch TV activation on Xbox.
- Switch on your Xbox device.
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Search for the Twitch TV app and download it.
- Click on the Get button to install the app.
- Launch the app by signing in.
- A 6-digit code for activating Twitch on your Xbox console will be sent to you.
- Visit twitch. tv/activate on any browser on your mobile phone or desktop (Ensure you are logged into your Twitch account on your mobile or desktop browser).
- Fill in the 6 digit activation code on your browser and tap the Activate button.
- Your Twitch account is linked to your Xbox account now.
- You can begin streaming content on Twitch TV from your Xbox.
You can now easily live stream games and clips from your Xbox to your Twitch channel.
Troubleshooting Twitch TV not Working on Xbox
Just in case you tried the steps above and you still cannot connect your Twitch TV to Xbox, try solving the related problems with the solutions listed below:
- Check your Network: Most times a wired connection is better than a wireless connection.
- Check your Xbox Live Reputation: Your Xbox stream live account must have a high reputation, ensure it has a good standing.
- When you receive Permission Error: In case you get an error informing you that your account has no broadcast permission, it could be because you are yet to enable the ability to broadcast in your privacy settings or you are a minor and your guardian has disabled live streaming or because you have been banned from broadcasting. Check if you are using a child’s profile. If yes, go to the setting and change it accordingly
- Party Chat: In case you are unable to hear yourself or others on your Livestream. Check the Privacy and Online Safety Settings on your account, ensure you enable audio to be shared outside of Xbox Live. Members of your party must also join to share their voice chat on Livestream.
- Check the Twitch Stream Key: Reset your stream key once and for all by going to your Dashboard and clicking the Channel button under Preferences, then click Reset at the top of the page, just once! Don’t reset your stream key several times to avoid a 15-minute lockout.
- HDR Games: Presently the Twitch TV does not support live streaming HDR games. Are you trying to switch to Live stream an HDR game, then your broadcast may have to end beforehand. Ways to support this in the future are still being investigated.
- Check the Twitch Connections: Ensure the Xbox connection exists on your connections tab here. Another way, go to your Account Settings and click Connections.
- Try a Hard Reset: In case your Xbox locks up, do a hard reset, press the power button in front of the Xbox console for about 10 seconds, and remove the power for 30 seconds then restart the console.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Twitch App: If all the steps above do not resolve the problems within the app, then try a fresh reinstall. First, disconnect the app from Twitch, remove the app data on the Xbox console and finally uninstall and reinstall the app. Follow the steps below to do that:
- Remove the Xbox connection from your Twitch account on the Connections page.
- Select the Twitch app in My Games and Apps on your Xbox console.
- Select the menu button.
- Open Manage app.
- Select the appropriate Gamertag on the right under Saved Data.
- Select the menu button again.
- Open Delete saved data.
- Find the app to uninstall it, press the menu button to open the app menu, select Uninstall.
- Reinstall the app.
If you have followed through this article attentively, then you shouldn’t have any issue when you want to activate Twitch TV on Xbox. Let’s know the area where we solved your problem by dropping your comments in the section below.