If you have been looking for how to add AirPods to find my iPhone here is your best bet. You could add your AirPods to your iPhone find my iPhone even as a novice but if you are unsure what steps to take, then, this article will be your comprehensive guide on how you can use your AirPods and iPhone find my iPhone together.
AirPods are one of the best wireless headsets available in the market, and many users like them because of their excellent noise cancellation, great battery life, excellent design, and durability.
However, they are tiny devices, so it is pretty easy to lose them; to prevent them from being totally lost, it is a good idea to add the AirPods to your find my app whether you are using iPhone or Android, so you can quickly pinpoint their location.
This article’s next section will explain how you can add AirPods to find my iPhone app.
How to Add Airpods to Find my iPhone
Due to the AirPods being relatively portable, it is very easy to lose or displace them.
Thankfully, it is quite possible to add AirPods to find my iPhone, so anytime you misplace your AirPods, you can easily track its current location to retrieve it.
This section of the article will explain the procedure you need to take to add AirPods to find my iPhone.
Pair AirPods to your iPhone
Before the find my iPhone feature will work for your AirPods when you misplace them, you need to first pair your AirPods to your iPhone, and you can achieve this by following the instructions below.
- Place the AirPods in their case, ensuring to leave the lid of the case open.
- Then go to your Settings menu and turn on the Bluetooth.
- Then press and hold the setup button at the back of the AirPods until the Led light blinks.
- Then click on your AirPods name from the available Bluetooth device list on your iPhone for them to pair.
If you have followed the instructions above, you will have successfully paired your AirPods to your iPhone, and you can now proceed to follow the rest of the instructions.
Turn on Find My iPhone
Once you have paired your AirPods to your iPhone, the next step is to turn on the find my app on your iPhone, and you can do that by following the instructions below.
- Go to your iPhone settings menu and click on your account name.
- Then click on iCloud and select find my from the available options.
- Then click on find my iPhone, and use the toggle to turn on the find my iPhone and share last location options.
Once you have turned on the feature with your AirPods connected to the iPhone, you will be able to track the last location of your iPhone or your AirPods when you misplace them.
You can also check out How to Find my AirPods if they are Dead.
How to Locate Your AirPods When it is Missing
Airpods are small devices that can easily be misplaced, but you can always track their location if you have added the AirPods to your Find my App.
This article section will explain how to track the location of your AirPods using your iPhone or MAC.
How To Locate Missing Airpods Using iPhone
If your AirPods are missing and you have access to your iPhone, then you can always use your iPhone to track the last known location of your iPhone.
You can locate your AirPods using the Find my app on your iPhone by following the instructions below.
- Launch the Find My app on your iPhone.
- Then click on devices and tap your AirPods name.
The app will then show you the location of your AirPods. If they are in different places, you will see both locations, and if the app cannot locate the AirPods, you will be informed that there is currently no known location for your AirPods.
How to Locate Missing Airpods Using MAC
If you can’t pinpoint the last place you dropped your AirPods, you can always use the Find my app on your MAC to locate it by following the instructions below.
- Open your laptop browser and go to iCloud.com to log in to your apple account.
- Then click on find iPhone and select all devices.
- Then click on your AirPods name from the list of connected devices.
Once you have followed the instructions above, the location of your airpods will appear on your screen.
If the airpods are in different locations, you will get the two locations, and if the AirPods are in an unknown location, you will be informed that the AirPods cannot be found.
You can follow either the iPhone or the MAC method to find your AirPods anytime it is lost.
How to Add Airpods to Find My MAC
If you own a MAC, you can use the find my feature to locate the MAC and any other device, like the AirPods connected to it.
To add AirPods to find my on your MAC, you need to ensure that the AirPods are connected to your MAC. Once you are sure of that, you can turn on find my on your MAC by following the instructions below.
- Go to your home menu and click on system settings.
- Then click on your name and select iCloud.
- Then select find my from the available options and turn it on.
- Finally, ensure that the find my network option is also turned on.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to add AirPods to your find my MAC and can use the feature anytime you need to get the current location of your AirPods or any other device connected to your MAC.
How to Add Airpods to My iPhone
The AirPods are the best wireless headsets you can use for your iPhone, as they offer seamless to use and great value for your money.
If you recently acquired any of the AirPods models, you can add them to your iPhone by following the instructions below.
- Put your AirPods in their charging case and leave the lid open.
- Then go to the home screen of your iPhone and bring the AirPods case close to the phone.
- Then click on the connect button once it appears with the AirPods on your iPhone screen.
- Then tap done to complete the process.
Recommended: AirPods not Chaging: Fixes
Once you have followed the instructions above, you can start using your AirPods with your iPhone as you deem fit.
This article has explained the steps necessary to add Airpods to find my iPhone app. We also looked at how you can track your AirPods when they go missing and how you can add AirPods to the find my feature on your MAC.