Is find my iPhone accurate? Don’t be too shy to try out things yourself to gain more knowledge or understanding. Well, you can’t find out how accurate “Apple find my” works until you try it out by yourself.
The “find my app” uses the GPS accuracy of your device to share your location. So, if your GPS is accurate you can justify your iOS find my iPhone accuracy.
GPS signals depend on satellite geometry, signal blockage, weather /or/ atmospheric conditions, and receiver design features/quality. All these can affect the accuracy of your GPS signal and can render find my app inaccurate.
The other factors that make it possible to find your iPhone using the find my app includes your phone signal or cellular network, Wi-Fi signal, and Bluetooth signal.
Here in this article, we would briefly discuss the various steps you can follow for you to make find my iPhone accurate.
Is Find My iPhone Accurate
Is find my iPhone accurate? Well, this depends on several factors that affect the accuracy of your GPS signal. The “find my app” depends on the accuracy of the GPS to successfully get the location of your iPhone.
The factors that affect your GPS signal includes your phone settings, atmospheric conditions such as bad weather, Satellite signals obstructed by buildings, bridges, trees, signals reflected off buildings or wall, Indoor or underground use, and faulty mapping software.
Find My iPhone Not Working
If you experience issues with the Find My app, ensure you follow these troubleshooting steps to fix this issue:
Recommended: How to Freeze Location on Find My iPhone
Enable Location Services
Find my app works with location, ensure you don’t hide or disable your location. Follow these steps to enable location:
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Make sure that Location Services is on.
- Scroll down to find the app.
- Tap Find MY App
- Select enable location services and ensure that the checkbox next to Find My App is selected.
Update your iPhone
Always ensure your iPhone is updated to the latest software to get the best out of Find My App. Lots of people have been complaining about the accuracy of this app, but failure to update your software is one of the factors that affect the app’s accuracy.
To update your iPhone:
- First, back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
- Plug your device into power and connect to the internet.
- Navigate to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- Click Install Now.
- In case you see Download and Install instead. Click it to download the update.
- Enter your passcode.
- Finally, click Install Now.
Change Date and Time Settings
Another troubleshooting step that can help you fix the Find My iPhone not accurate issue is to set correctly the date and time settings on your iPhone. Always ensure that the date and time on your iPhone are set to the time of your country or region.
To correct the date and time on your iPhone:
- Go to Settings > General > Date & Time.
Turn on any of the following:
- Set automatically set your time, your iPhone gets the correct time over the network and updates it to your time zone.
- Set 24-Hour Time: This option allows your iPhone to display the hours from 0 to 23.
Recommended: How to Find My Number on iPhone
How Accurate is Find My Device
Is find my iPhone accurate? Find My device is not accurate but it can be precise with its location. The accuracy of Find My App doesn’t provide the exact address of your device.
Also, this device’s accuracy over a very long distance has been questioned by its users. However, when using Find my App it’s better you connect your GPS location service over a WIFI and not cellular data for more precise accuracy.
As we’ve insisted earlier certain factors can affect the accuracy of the Find My App on your iPhone. Find my App is not 100% accurate, it doesn’t derive location on its own. This app uses GPS, Cellular network, Wi-Fi signal, and Bluetooth signal to derive the location of your device. An issue with each of these signals would give inaccurate information.
Here is how to turn on Find My for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Open the Settings app on your devices.
- Click your name, then tap Find My App.
- If you would like your friends and family to know your location, turn on Share My Location.
- Tap Find My device
- Then turn on Find My device.
- Turn on Find My network, if you would like to see your device even when it’s offline.
- Turn on Send Last Location, to have the location of your device sent to Apple when the battery is low.
- If you want to be able to find your lost device on a map, make sure that Location Services is turned on. Navigate Settings > Privacy > Location Services, and turn on Location Services.
Here is how to turn on Find My on your Mac:
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy,
- Then click the Privacy tab. Here if the padlock in the lower left is locked, click on it, you will have to enter the name and password of the administrator.
- Click Location Services.
- Click Enable Location Services, and ensure that you select the checkbox next to Find My.
- Click Done.
- Now return to the main System Preferences window.
- Tap Apple ID, then tap iCloud.
- Finally, tap the checkbox next to Find My Mac.
In case you would like to find your Mac if it gets lost or stolen
- Click Options and make sure Find My Mac is turn On and Find My network is also turn On. Then Tap Done.
Is Find My iPhone Accurate for Apple Watch
Is find my iPhone accurate? Find My for Apple watch uses GPS and internet network over cellular data or WiFi to find your device. Therefore the accuracy of the Find my id depends on the accuracy of the GPS connection.
If you would like to add your Apple watch to Find My:
- If your Apple Watch is paired with your iPhone, it would be automatically set up when you turn on Find My iPhone.
To ensure you can find your apple watch even if it’s powered off or disconnected:
- First, check and ensure that the Find My network is turned on.
- Then go to Your Apple watch.
- Open Settings.
- Click your name.
- Scroll down until you see your Apple Watch.
- Click the name of your Apple Watch, and select Find My Watch.
How Accurate is Find My iPhone Blue Dot
Find My iPhone may seem precise with its measurement but it is not accurate with measurements. The blue circle that appears around the marker indicates how precise the location of your device can be known.
The smaller the circle gets, the higher the precision. The approximation of your location can be within a few feet or many meters away.
The accuracy of Find my iPhone is dependent on several factors such as atmospheric conditions, the obstruction of satellite signals obstructed, Indoor or underground use, and faulty mapping software.
How Accurate is Find My iPhone Green Circle
The green circle to the left of the Apple device name indicates that your device is online. The green circle means that your Apple device is approximate. The larger the green circle gets the more approximate the location.
Find My iPhone Precise Location
Find My device is not accurate but it can be precise when it displays the location of your device. The accuracy of Find My App doesn’t provide the exact address of your device. Also, this device’s accuracy over a very long distance has been questioned by its users. However, when using Find my App it’s better you connect your GPS location service over a WIFI and not cellular data for more precise accuracy.
In conclusion, Find My is not accurate but it can be precise in showing the location of your device. Its accuracy and precision depend on several factors that can block GPS location.