Thanks to Steve Job and his team for introducing us to a series of Apple products start from Apple phones such as iPhone, iPad, and iPod. Apple laptop which we know as Mac with Macintosh OS, Apple Watch, Apple hand-band, and a lot more. Now, we are in the era of Apple card, a credit card to be used with Apple pay on Apple products to make payment online. The Apple card is an edge over Google pay. However, both OS are great and users have heard a remarkable experience using them. So, whatever both company release, it worth the whole of our attention and learn to use them for our good. Therefore, here in this post, I will explain in detail how to apply for Apple card (credit) to be used with your iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Apple Watch.
Apple credit card has an age restriction. So, the credit card is not for all. The age restriction is of high importance to use Apple card. Therefore, in this guide, I’ll share with you everything you need to know about the Apple credit card and how to apply for it in this guide. And a guide on how to use Apple credit card with your iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Apple Watch.
Apple Card Eligibility
There is a little restriction on who can use the Apple card and it’s normal. The age restriction, the region, etc. However, if you want to know whether you are eligible to use the Apple card in your country here is the region where the Apple card is available.
- You must be a resident of the United State (USA)
- At least, you must be born before 1999. It means that you must be at least 18 years old.
- Your iPhone OS must be running on the latest Apple OS update. If you are running an earlier version you’ll need to upgrade to the new release
- Fingerprint or password isn’t enough. You must be using the Apple two-factor authentication with your Apple ID
- You must sign in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID
- Before you can Apply for Apple Card you account must be active. If the account is frozen already, you need to temporarily lift it.
- And finally, you also need a means of identification. This means that you must verify your Apple Card account with either an international passport or a valid driver’s licence or State ID.
Personal Requirement to Apply for Apple Card
If you meet the requirement to apply for the Apple credit card above here is the personal information you will need to provide when you want to finally apply for the credit card.
- Your real name is very important
- Date of birth [DoB], phone number, and a [valid] home address
- The last four digits of your Social Security number and country of citizenship
- Your annual income report.
These are the basic requirement. Otherwise, your Apple Card application will not be approved.
Apple for Apple Card [Card]
If you live in the State and you’d love to apply for the Apple credit card so you can use it to make payment with Apple pay on your iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Apple Watch here is what to do.
- Sign in to your iCloud account with your Apple ID
- Go to your iPhone app menu and open the Wallet app
- Tap on the “+” add button
- Select “Apple Card” from the pop-up
- Tap on the continue button
- Fill user’s personal information correctly
- Submit your application and wait for the approval.
Once your Apple card is approved you will be contacted. However, before the final approval, what do you need to do?
Apple Credit Card Approved
Your Apple card application has to undergo a manual approval. And it can be rejected if your information is not accurate. Therefore, it’s important to make sure that all the information provided are correct so that you will be able to verify your Apple card account when it is time.
Upon approval, Apple will send an initial credit card limited to as well as the APR offer. This offer lasts for 30 days. Therefore, to fully approve your Apple card, click on the Accept Apple Card to accept the offer.
Once you accept the offer the Apple card will be added to your Apple Pay wallet on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
Note: You can decline the Apple card if you changed your mind about your application.
Once your Apple card has been added to your Wallet app on your iPhone you can start to use the credit card to Apple Pay.
However, you get a certain percentage one each purchase you make with your Apple app via the Apple card. By default, Apple will not make the Apple card your default payment method when you want to buy Apple apps, Apple music, and other Apple-related services. However, a quick walkaround can help you to set the Apple card as your default payment method.