Netflix is paid streaming platform with a free trial to test run the streaming service before you decide to commit to it. Meanwhile, during the free trial registration, you’ll be prompted to add a payment to continue using the service after the trial period. However, if you don’t want to be charged after the free trial you must cancel the Netflix free trial. So, in this article, you will learn how to cancel Netflix subscription which is the same as how to cancel Netflix free trial.
Cancelling your Netflix subscription will block access to the Netflix premium service on all devices using the same login including your Roku or Samsung TV or Smartphone and even on your PC (Desktops and Laptops).
While you can always resubscribe you need to make sure that you cancel your subscription if you don’t want to be charged after your plan or after the Netflix free trial.
Since Netflix provide the option to self-cancel your Netflix subscription the steps are quite easy to follow.
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription
There are two ways to cancel your Netflix subscription. You can cancel your subscription on Netflix in the following ways.
- Netflix website
- Netflix mobile app
With this, we will consider how to cancel Netflix subscription on App [Android & iOS (iPhone & iPad)] and how to cancel your Netflix subscription on the official Netflix website.
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription on App
If you are using the Netflix mobile app on your Android or iOS (iPhone) you can simply follow the steps below to learn how to cancel the Netflix subscription on the mobile app.
- Launch the Netflix mobile app on your phone.
- Click on your “Netflix Profile” icon at the top right.
- Tap “Account” when you scroll down the profile page a bit.
- You will see your “Membership & billing” information.
- Click “Cancel Membership” and a popup will appear.
- Click on “Finish Cancellation.”
The steps above will help to cancel your Netflix subscription instantly. However, if you have a pending subscription that is yet to expire you will still have direct access to stream your favourite Netflix movies until the next payment date.
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription without App
We will discuss how to cancel your Netflix subscription without the app in the following steps. This is recommended if you are not used to using the Netflix mobile app or you don’t have the Netflix app installed on the device you are using at the moment.
- Go to “Netflix.com” on a web browser.
- Sign into your Netflix account with your login username and password.
- Click on your “Profile Picture” at the top right.
- Tap “Account” from the drop menu.
- Click “Cancel Membership” under “Membership & Billing.”
- Click “Finish Cancellation” on the new page.
- You will see an orange message that says “Your account has already been cancelled.”
Congratulations. You have successfully cancelled your Netflix account. However, to start using Netflix again you need to restart your membership. So, the steps below describe how to restart Netflix membership after cancellation.
How to Restart Netflix Membership
There is no need to create a new Netflix account if you already have one with cancelled membership access. All you need to do is to restart the membership. With this, you will not be able to lose your Netflix settings and watch history.
Therefore, I’d walk you through how to restart your Netflix subscription after it has been cancelled.
- Sign into your “Netflix Account.”
- Click on your “Profile” icon at the top right.
- Go to “Membership & Billing.”
- Click “Restart Membership.”
- Click “Restart your Membership” on the next page again.
- A “Welcome back message” will appear on the screen. Now, click on the “Next” button.
- Choose your “Netflix Plan” and click on the “Next button.
- Agree to the “terms and conditions” and click on “Start Membership.”
If your payment detail is valid your Netflix subscription will be restarted otherwise you will be prompted to check and confirm your payment details.
You’d have known how to cancel Netflix subscription and how to restart your subscription in case you ever change your mind.