Do you wish to change the login picture on your Mac just to get familiar and comfortable using your device each time you pick it up to use? Well, the procedure is very straightforward. This article will guide you on how to change a login picture on Mac.
The image that appears next to your user name or the name of another user in the Mac login window can be changed.
You can select a photo from your photo library, capture a new one with your Mac’s camera, choose a favourite Memoji or emoji, create a monogram with your initials, and more to be used as your Mac login picture.
Your Apple ID photo and My Card in Contacts both show your user login picture.
With that; this article will guide you through the steps to take to change your login picture on your Mac device.
How to Change a Login Picture on Mac
Follow the step-by-step procedures below to change your login picture on your Mac computer.
- Use the Apple icon in the Menu bar or the icon in your Dock to open System preferences.
- Choose Users & Groups.
- Click on the lock icon in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Type in your Mac’s password in the pop-up window and tap Unlock (Note that if you have multiple profiles, you have to do this for each profile to change individual profile pictures).
- Select the User on the left side.
- Choose the current picture on the right side.
- You will see the “Edit” option once you hover your cursor over it.
- A window containing all of the picture options will be displayed.
- You can select an emoji, use your monogram, use an existing Memoji, create a new Memoji, or use one of the suggested ones.
- You can alternatively take a shot using a Mac camera or select one from the Photos app.
In case you are not sure of which image to use, you can browse the suggestions. Many default images of symbols, flowers, sports, and animals will also be displayed.
- The bottom-left corner of the screen will display the preview of the image you selected.
- To get the ideal look, move the slider to zoom in or out of the picture.
- Once you are done, select Save.
- With the X in the top left corner, you can then close the System Preferences.
Your Mac’s login screen will now have a picture that suits you once you view it and is ready for your password. You can return to the editor to change the photo’s scale by using the sliding scale located beneath the image to zoom in or out. This is how to change a login picture on Mac.
The Pop-Up Window Features and what they depict
The same change you made to your Mac login picture also affects other Apple devices. The photo associated with your Apple ID account serves as the login photo. You are truly updating your Apple ID image rather than merely changing something on your Laptop.
This image will be immediately applied to any device that shares your Mac’s Apple ID. The pop-up window provides the following options as they are arranged:
- Memoji: Animated characters that can be customized.
- Emoji: Classic emoji icons.
- Monogram: An artistic version of your initials.
- Camera: You can take a new picture using your Mac camera.
- Photos: Choose a pre-existing photo from the Photos app that comes already installed.
- Suggestions: Follow Apple’s suggestions or select from default images.
How to Change the Wallpaper on Your Mac’s Login Screen
Even after you change a login picture on Mac, you still have several options you can explore. The wallpaper for the backdrop can also be changed.
The image on your desktop wallpaper is also used on the login screen. So, you can change your Mac’s login screen wallpaper by following the steps below:
- Choose System Preferences by clicking the Apple menu in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select Desktop & Screen Saver.
- Select the picture you want to use from the options on the left: Desktop pictures, Colors, Photos, or Folders.
- Choose the wallpaper you are interested in and it will be previewed in the window at the top left.
- The drop-down box for some of the desktop pictures’ wallpapers offers the following choices: Dynamic, Automatic, Light, and Dark.
- The settings and wallpaper you select will be applied to your Computer after selection.
- Close the window and log out of your Mac and then restart it, the new login screen wallpaper will be displayed.
Note that some wallpapers feature a download icon next to them, which is a cloud with an arrow in it. Click the download icon to save that wallpaper to your Mac if you want to use it.
Do we hope this article on how to change a login Picture on Mac has helped you greatly? If yes, don’t hesitate to drop your comments in the section below.