I have got a tweak for you to change your Gmail ID name on Android without PC in this guide. In this post, we come up with a step by step procedures on how to change your Gmail ID name on your Android phone.
This step is super easy, and you can do that in less than a minute. All you need to do is follow the steps below.
Gmail is an email service owned by Google, and it’s one of the most widely used Gmail services. Other Google services such as Google Drive, Google Suites, Google documents, youtube, and many more depend on the Gmail account to log in users.
This means that your Gmail ID name will appear across all Google services and on all websites where you sign in with Google account. With this, using a wrong ID name can speak less of you. Therefore, in this guide, I will walk you through step by step procedure to modify your Gmail ID name on Android and input the correct name.
I choose this because I know you own a smartphone. So, there won’t be a need to have a PC before you change your name on your Gmail account if it was entered wrong.
How to Change Gmail ID Name on Android
And now, we proceed with the steps to change your Gmail ID name on your Android phone (no browser required).
- Launch the Gmail app on your Android phone.
- Tap on the “Hamburger” to the top left.
- Scroll down and tap on “Settings.”
- Tap on the Gmail ID under settings if you have more than one Gmail attached to your Android device.
- Tap on “Manage your Google Account.”
- In your Google account management, tap on “Personal Info.”
- Find “Name” and tap on it.
- Type the new Gmail ID name” into the “row” provided and tap the “Save” button at the bottom right.
It may take a few minutes to change your Gmail ID name across all platforms after the above procedures. In most cases, it doesn’t take much time before it reflects across all platforms that you have changed your Gmail ID name.