Huawei smartphone is one of the most sorts after phone in the market both in the USA and India, the Huawei largest sales come from India, but we cannot overlook what Huawei has brought to the world of technology, most especially, the 5G. However, both Huawei WiFi router and smartphones have features to share networks wirelessly to let others connect to your phone wireless and have access to the internet using the WiFi network from the Huawei device. However, it’s important that you mind your Huawei WiFi password and change it often.
Therefore, in this guide, we will share with you how to change your Huawei WiFi password both on your Huawei router and Huawei smartphone. Here in this guide, we will use Huawei B882 LTE Wireless as a case study. For Huawei smartphones, we will use one of the Huawei Y9 Prime phones to change your WiFi password.
How to Change Huawei LTE Wireless Password
Huawei offers the same approach to change their WiFi router’s password. All you need is your internet browser and your LTE wireless username and password.
- Open any browser, say, Chrome browser.
- Visit the IP address 192.168.1.1 with or without the “https” on the browser and click on the “Enter” button to load the site.
- Enter your Huawei admin username and password.
- Click “OK”.
- Navigate to “Settings” and click on it.
- Tap on the “WLAN” option.
- Tap on “WLAN Settings” from the available options.
- Scroll down the page and select “WPA pre-shared key”.
- Enter your WiFi “pre-shared key”.
- Click on the “Apply” button.
- Click “OK” to effect the change you made.
With the steps shared above, your Huawei WiFi LTE password pre-shared key will be modified and changed successfully. Henceforth, your WiFi password will be the newly defined password.
How to Change Huawei Hotspot Password
Huawei phone WiFi can replace your MiFi at home. Using your phone broadband, you can turn your phone to a wireless device. We have shared in the past how to use phone WiFi without using a password and how to get a WiFi password on iPhone.
- Go to your Huawei phone settings.
- Click on “Wireless & Networks”.
- Find and click “Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Click on “Portable WiFi hotspot,” which should be the first option.
- Click on “Configure hotspot”.
- Click on “Encryption type”.
- Select “WPA2 PSK”.
- Type the password you want to use for your “hotspot”.
- Click on “Save” to the bottom right.
For advanced options, you can tap on the “Show advanced options” to change your hotspot “Max connection channel”, broadcast channel, and the AP band.