This article is for you if you have forgotten your iPhone screen time passcode and you would like to learn about how to change your screen time passcode. We will be giving detailed guidelines on how to change the screen time passcode on your iOS and Android devices. So, take a seat to learn how to change screen time passcode on iPhone and Android.
The screen time feature is one of the most essential features in modern-day phones including iPhone and Android to help you have healthy and productive mobile phone use. And also helps to control how long you stay using your iPhone.
Screen time usually has many options that allow you to perform various functions, such as limiting the amount of time you can spend on an app daily, a detailed report of your daily phone use, adding extra minutes when you exhausted the preset screen time and restricting certain content and download.
However, the Screen Passcode usually help you to prevent unauthorized access to prevent someone else from disrupting and changing your settings.
If you have forgotten your passcode, or you suspect that the passcode has been compromised, you can read through the remaining sections of this article, you will learn how to change screen time passcode when you forgot your passcode/password.
How to Change Screen Time Passcode on iPhone
The screen time feature on the iPhone allows you to cultivate and manage a healthy habit with your iPhone by ensuring you can restrict contents and downloads, get a detailed report on how much time you spend daily on your iPhone and specific apps, limit the amount of time you spend on an app, and restrict access to apps amongst other functions.
If you have forgotten your passcode or would like to change it for any reason, you can change your screen time passcode by following the instructions below.
- Open your iPhone’s settings app.
- Scroll down and click on Screen Time.
- Then tap the “Change Screen Time Passcode.”
- Tap “Change Screen Time Passcode” from the popup.
- Enter the “Old Screen Time Passcode.”
- Type the “New Screen Time Passcode.”
- Verify the “New Screen Time Passcode.”
Your iPhone Screen Time passcode will be changed successfully. However, if you forgot your iPhone screen passcode, you can consider the steps below.
How to Change Screen Time Passcode When You Forgot
By following the steps below you will learn how to change screen time passcode when you forgot on iPhone.
- Go to your “iPhone Settings.”
- Scroll down and choose “Screen Time.”
- Scroll down and click on “Change Screen Time Passcode.”
- Click on “Change Screen Time Passcode” again from the popup.
- Click “Forgot Passcode.”
- Enter your “Apple ID.”
- Click on the “OK” button at the top right.
- Type your “Apple ID” passcode and click “OK” at the top right.
- Type your “New iPhone Screen Time” passcode.
- Verify the “New iPhone Screen Time passcode.“
Instantly, your iPhone Screen Time passcode will be changed to the new one and you will be able to use your iPhone Screen Time and even be able to turn it off.
You can also check out How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Headphone Mode.
How to Change Screen Time Passcode on iPad
Using the screen time feature on your iPad allows you to manage the time you spend on your device, ensuring that you can live a productive life by constantly getting detailed information on how you spend time on the device and how much time you spend daily.
The password is usually an extra layer of protection to ensure that nobody has unauthorized access to change or disrupt your settings.
If you have forgotten your password or feel the need to change it, you can change your screen time passcode by following the instructions below.
- Launch the settings app on your iPad and select screen time from the settings.
- Click on the change screen time passcode option and click it again from the popup.
- Then tap forgot password and enter the Apple ID and password you used in setting up the password.
- Then enter the new screen time passcode and enter it again to complete the process.
As simple as it is you can easily change your Screen Time passcode on your iPad.
How to Change Screen Time Passcode on a Mac
If you own a MAC, you can always change your screen time passcode on the MAC, which would affect the passcode for every device that you choose.
If you have any reason to change your screen time passcode, follow the instructions below on your MAC.
- Ensure that your MAC is operating with the MacOS 15 Catalina or newer versions of the macOS.
- Click on the Apple menu and select settings or system preference, depending on the option you have on your device.
- Click on screen time and select Change password.
- Click on the forgot passcode option and enter the Apple ID and password you used in setting up your screen time passcode.
- Enter your new screen time passcode and enter it again to confirm and complete the process.
How to Change Screen Time Passcode on Android
Screen time is mainly called digital well-being on Android devices, and it performs an identical function to the screen time feature on iOS devices.
It is excellent for managing your phone habits, ensuring that you are productive, and getting just the right amount of screen time you require.
If you have forgotten your screen time passcode, you can reset it by following the instructions below.
- Open Setting on your Android.
- Navigate to the digital well-being and parental control menu.
- Click on access Passcode settings.
- Select Change passcode.
- Then input your new passcode and re-enter it to confirm the change.
Following the basic instructions above will help you easily change your screen time passcode on your Android device.
How to Change the Screen Time Passcode for Your Child’s Device
iPhone has a family-sharing feature that you can use to manage your child’s account. It also allows you to use screen time to manage the content and downloads your child has access to and also allows you to set the amount of time your child can use the phone and what they can use it for.
If you have reason to believe your child might already have access to the passcode and can use it to change your settings, or you have forgotten the password, you can change the passcode on your child’s device by following the instructions below.
- Go to your own device settings and click on screen time.
- Scroll down and select your child’s name under the family menu.
- Click on the change screen time passcode option and click on it again.
- Authenticate using your touch ID, face ID, or passcode.
- Eenter the new screen time passcode and enter it again to confirm the change.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to change the screen time passcode on your child’s device, and you can continue setting your preferred restrictions to how the child uses the phone.
This article has given you a step-by-step detailed guide on how to change screen time passcode on standard devices ranging from iOS devices to Android devices. You can follow any of the instructions depending on the device you use to change the screen time password whenever you desire or forget your password.