Here in this post, we will discuss how to change your profile picture on Google. Since your Google profile picture displays all Google services such as, Chrome account, youtube, AdSense, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, and other Google services that you are using except Gmail, changing it over time is what you cannot run away from.
You can kill multiple birds with one stone when you plan to change your profile picture in Google. This implies that changing your Google profile picture in one of your Gmail accounts will automatically change them in all other Google services that are linked to the Google account.
However, we will share a step by step guide on how to change or remove the old Google profile picture and replace it with a new one.
How to Change your Profile Pictures on Google Gmail
You first need to get the picture you that to use as your profile ready to do this.
- Open your browser and go to myaccount.google.com.
- Click on your profile picture that is located at the top-right.
- Click on the “Camera” icon attached to the picture.
- A new pop-up will appear without taking you away from the screen.
- Click on “upload photos” to select the picture you want to use from your computer or drag and drop it from the folder’s location.
- Alternatively, if the picture has been uploaded to your Google photo, tap on “your photos,” find the photo that you want to use, and select the photo.
- Click on “Set as Profile Picture” in blue color to the bottom of the screen.
That is all you have to do to change your Google profile picture. However, if the Google profile picture doesn’t change instantly, consider clearing your browser’s caches and logging out and log in to the account again.
How to Change Your Gmail Profile Picture
You cannot change your Gmail profile picture using the mobile app as the time we are writing this review. We can’t tell, but it’s possible that the app’s future update will make it simpler to change or remove your profile picture from the Gmail app.
- Go to mail.google.com on your browser (Smartphone or computer browser).
- Click on the “Settings” icon located at the top right of the screen.
- Click on “See all settings.”
- While in the “General tab” scroll down to “My Picture.”
- A will to change your profile picture/photo will appear.
- Click on “Change Picture.”
- This will take you to your computer. Then, find and select the picture you want to use as your Gmail profile picture.
- Crop out part of the photo that isn’t fit into the picture’s box.
- Click on “Apply Change.”
This is how to change your profile picture in Google Gmail. However, to change your Gmail profile picture, you must access the Gmail account in a basic HTML rather than the standard Gmail.
How to Change your Google Profile Picture in About me
If the profile picture in your Gmail settings general tab isn’t clickable. Then, the hope you have to change the profile picture is to go the about me tab and edit your profile picture from there.
- Go to aboutme.google.com
- Sign in to your Google account with your username and password.
- Click on “Profile Picture.”
- Click on the “Change” pencil.
- A new tab will pop-up. Here you can drag and drop the photo from your computer or select from your Google photo by switching to “your photos.”
- Click on “set a profile picture.”
These are how to change your Gmail profile picture on Chrome and other browsers.