What is https://aka.ms/remoteconnect and how do you fix the remote connect not working on the Xbox game console? Here in this guide, we will discuss explicitly aka ms remoteconnect and remote connect Microsoft in this article.
Note: You need to have a Microsoft account if you really want to journey with us in this article. If you are unable to log in kindly use the password forgot option to reset your password.
We will revolve around the Microsoft remote connect link https://aka.ms/remoteconnect (https aka ms remoteconnect) in this article.
Note: For all PS4 or Xbox users that would love to cross-play with their consoles would need the https://aka.ms/remotecontrol.
If you want to cross-play on your PS4 or Xbox console using https aka ms remoteconnect login and you are unable to do just that kindly read this guide to the end.
aka ms Remoteconnect
aka ms remoteconnect is a Microsoft link to validate your console’s cross-play actuation code. However, when you visited aka.ms remoteconnect you will be prompted to enter the code on your TV screen from a trusted source.
aka ms Remoteconnect code not working
If you come across https aka ms remoteconnect code not working on your Nintendo, Xbox One, 360, and PlayStation (PS4) that stops all your activities to cross-play Minecraft on these consoles with your friends here are some working tips to fix the error code.
This post will provide a one-time solution to fix the https://aka.ms/remoteconnect login error code on Microsoft whenever you want to cross-play Minecraft with the activation code.
aka ms Remoteconnect 8-digit Code
Microsoft provides an 8-digit activation code to cross-play Minecraft on Nintendo, PS4, and Xbox One with other users who correctly configured their console to play with others.
Therefore, in this guide, you will learn explicitly how to cross-play PS4, Nintendo, and Xbox on Microsoft to play with your friends that can access https://aka.ms remote connect.
However, when this code isn’t working you would end up seeing the https aka ms remoteconnect code not working message on your device screen.
This post will also provide a step-by-step guide to fix the “failed Minecraft PS4 link”.
But before then, you need to know what “https://aka.ms/remoteconnect” is all about and why you keep seeing the aka ms remoteconnect not working error message.
What is https://aka.ms/remoteconnect
https://aka.ms/remoteconnect is a website to link and play Minecraft remotely vs people with Microsoft devices other than the one they own.
To play Minecraft on PS4, Xbox and Nintendo require on a device that is not owned by Microsoft, the user must create and sign in to their free account to play with people far from the location or on other devices.
Microsoft allows Minecraft players to play with their friends on different devices that they can download and install the game such as on PS4, Nintendo, and Xbox remotely and on Mac and smartphones (Android & iPhone).
What is https://aka.ms/xboxsetup
https://aka.ms/xboxsetup is a website designed for mobile users to set up Xbox remote control only on a mobile.
Go to https://aka.ms/xboxsetup on your mobile browser and tap on “continue to set up in the Xbox App” to download and install the Xbox app on your mobile phone. This is only available on mobile devices at the moment.
Here you will be able to join the Xbox community when you sign in or tap on set up and enter the activation code on your TV.
Next, you need to tap on the “Next” button to set up your https://aka.ms/remoteconnect cross-play with Minecraft to play with your friends remotely.
Note: Be sure to have and use the exact Microsoft account you want to link to your Minecraft game on your PS4. Once you have linked an account you cannot remove it again or link it to another device.
The whole process cannot be undone. It’s a permanent procedure. It’s irreversible at the time of writing this report.
Is https://aka.ms/remoteconnect Safe?
Is https://aka.ms/remoteconnect safe? yes. AKA ms remoteconnect is a safe website to cross-play Microsoft console and other game consoles to play Minecraft remotely with your friends using their Gamertag.
Https aka ms Remoteconnect Login
The https aka ms remoteconnect login is the same as your Microsoft login username and password.
It’s the https aka ms remoteconnect login that will be used to sign in to your Microsoft account to link your Microsoft and game console together so that you would be able to cross-play with your friends whose game consoles are different from your own using their Gamertags.
If the https aka ms remoteconnect login isn’t working you may need to create brand new login details to be able to cross-play on your Microsoft and to save yourself from all the https aka ms remoteconnect not working code.
Firstly, determine the Microsoft account to use as you cannot change the login once you enter the 8 digits activation code on your Minecraft home when you click on sign with Microsoft.
- Switch on your PS4 game console.
- Go to the Minecraft game home.
- Tap on “sign in with Microsoft account”.
- Take note of the 8 digits activation code on the screen.
- Go to “https://aka.ms/remoteconnect” on your browser.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account using the email and username of the account to associate with the PS4
- You will be redirected to “https://login.live.com/oauth20_remoteconnect.srf.”
- Enter the code on your device screen and click on the “Next” button.
You may be prompted to answer some questions to make sure you really want to use the Microsoft account to link your PS4 and Minecraft.
However, once the activation is a success the code on your device screen will disappear.
Failed Minecraft PS4 Link
If you are experiencing failed Minecraft PS4 link following the steps above you will not be able to cross-play Minecraft on your PS4 console. However, you need to fix the failed Minecraft PS4 link to be able to proceed further.
The following troubleshooting tips below.
To fix https://aka.ms/remoteconnect failed Minecraft PS4 link you need to link the PSN ID to a different Microsoft account since the Microsoft Account you’re attempting to use is already connected to a different PSN ID.
How to Find Friends on Microsoft Account
You need your friends Gamertag to find them on your Microsoft account once you have logged into your account on https://aka.ms/remoteconnect with your email, password, and the 8 digits activation code.
- Follow the procedure above to log in to your Microsoft account.
- Click on “Play” on your Microsoft account home screen.
- Reach out to the friend tab on the right [you can toggle to it].
- Click on “Add Friend”.
- Enter the friend “Gamertag” in the search box.
- Click on the “Add” button once the result pops up.
As simple as that you will be able to find and add your friends on your Microsoft Account using their Gamertag. There is no limit to the number of friends you can add. However, it’s possible that you will not be able to find some friends using their Gamertag.
Unable to Find Friends Gamertag
Microsoft Gamertag is also referred to as the player ID. However, a few reasons could contribute to why you couldn’t find them even when you think you entered the right Gamertag.
- Do not guess the player Gamertag. To find your friends on your Microsoft account you must enter the exact Gamertag. Do not forget that player’s IDs are case sensitive.
- You cannot use a player ID from other platforms. It’s mandatory that the player ID or Gamertag must be from Microsoft as Microsoft doesn’t support player’s IDs from other platforms at this time.
How to Change Gamertag
This is probably the opportunity you have been waiting for. Here today, you will be able to change your Gamertag ID through your web browser. You can consider the Edge browser for this.
- Go to the Change Gamertag page at account.xbox.com.
- Sign in using the Microsoft account email address and password associated with your Gamertag.
- Enter your new Gamertag, and then select Check Availability.
- Once you find an available Gamertag, click Claim.
Note If your Gamertag was created for you when you initially signed up for Xbox (meaning you did not choose it yourself), you can change it one time for free. Additional Xbox Gamertag changes cost extra.
- If you created your own Gamertag at signup and want to change it, you will be charged (the fee varies by region and currency).
To join the group of users to Gamertag change for Minecraft on Nintendo Switch go to the Microsoft Answer Forum here.
Https aka ms Remoteconnect not Working
This is currently under investigation by Microsoft experts on why linking failed with Minecraft PS4. The error pops up in Minecraft Bedrock Edition.
Hello there! Your tweet caught our attention. As of the moment, we’re currently investigating this concern with Minecraft. In the meantime, we’re encouraging you to use other devices, open Minecraft, and log in to your Microsoft account. Please keep us posted on how it goes.
— Microsoft Support (@MicrosoftHelps) December 10, 2019
However, pending the time that the solution to fix this will surface consider joining the conversation on Twitter.
Minecraft Cross-play on Xbox One
Here is a trick for Xbox One owners to cross-play the Minecraft game on the game console with Microsoft login and https://aka.ms remoteconnect. We advise you to follow the procedures below to the very end as we’ll also consider Nintendo Switch.
Preparing Xbox One for Cross-play
We first need to prepare your Xbox One game console or Nintendo Switch Edition to cross-play the Minecraft game with millions of subscribers on your game console. Meanwhile, don’t forget that you might encounter problems when you choose to cross-play Minecraft with the Xbox One Edition.
- Switch on your Xbox One and open Microsoft Store.
- Hover to the “Search” box and select it.
- Type “Minecraft” into the search box.
- Select “Minecraft” from the suggestion box when it pops.
- Download the “Minecraft” on your Xbox One.
- Launch the [Minecraft] game and you have successfully installed it.
Now, after the steps above, your Xbox One will be ready to cross-play
Cross-Play Minecraft on Nintendo Switch or PS4
Similarly to the way we make our Xbox One ready for cross-play we also need to follow the same approach for a Nintendo Switch with Nintendo eShop before we head to enter the activation code on https://aka.ms/remoteconnect.
- Go to Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo Switch console and go to the “PS4 download” section.
- Type “Minecraft” and wait for the suggestion box to come up.
- Download “Minecraft for Nintendo Switch” and PS4 from the pop-up title. This is free if you have a Minecraft account.
- Launch the “Minecraft” game you just installed on the Nintendo Switch/PlayStation.
- When you are asked to sign in with a Microsoft account select “Sign in for free”.
- Go to https://aka.ms/remoteconnect on your computer or phone [browser].
- Take note of the unique code on your screen.
- Now, enter the unique code. Please do not share this with your closest friend.
- Enter your Microsoft login to sign in to your account.
- A confirmation message will appear on your screen.
- After some minutes your Xbox Live profile will come up on your Nintendo Switch.
- Click on “Let’s play” and the whole process will be completed.
Now, you are ready for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch cross-play.
Cross-play Minecraft without https://aka.ms/remoteconnect
Having downloaded and installed the Minecraft game on your Xbox One and Nintendo Switch you are then ready to create the Minecraft cross-play.
- Launch the Minecraft on your Xbox One or Nintendo Switch.
- Select “Play” from the game main menu.
- Go to the “World tab” and click “Create New”.
- Go to “Multiplayer” under “Edit” settings.
- If multiplayer is enabled you will see it. And if not, the option will tell more of it.
- Click on “Create” to create NEW gameplay.
Now, the cross-play created will be available for others to join. Don’t be surprised that all the games you join were created the same way. And you can only follow https://aka.ms/remoteconnect to connect your device with the activation code.
How do I Link my Microsoft Account to Minecraft
Use another device and go to https://microsoft.com/link and enter the code on your PS4 or Xbox One/360 or Nintendo, enter the 8-digit code on the device screen, tap on the next button and your Microsoft account will be linked to your Minecraft.
MS Phonelink lets you access your phone notifications, calls, apps, photos, and texts on your PC.
Why won’t my PS4 Minecraft connect to my Microsoft account?
When PS4 Minecraft failed to connect to your Microsoft account you need to troubleshoot the problem. First, confirm your Gamertag name at https://account.xbox.com. You can use the Xbox app to verify your Gamertag if you have installed the app on your smartphone.
Next, uninstall and reinstall the Minecraft game on your PS4, as this would force the app to make you re-login again.
How to Fix Aka.ms/remoteconnect not Working
If you are having issues logging into your account on Microsoft and enter the activation code Aka.ms/remoteconnect, restart the device and wait for a couple of minutes to initiate the process to set up the cross-play process again on your Nintendo or PS4 and Xbox 360 or One game console.