There are known 5 ways to check Comcast email apart from logging into the official Ccomast email web portal directly. There are other several methods available to check your email on Comcast without logging.
You can with the help of either your Google account or Microsoft Hotmail account read Comcast email messages without accessing the official Comcast site.
However, here in this article, we will consider all the basic approaches to check Comcast email that are available. So, all you need to do si to choose the best option that suits you.
What is Comcast Email
Comcast email is an email service offers by the second-largest telecommunication company in America, Xfinity. The email service is similar to Gmail and Yahoo! Mail service. The email service provider reserve the right to monitor users account and limit account features.
Similar to other email service providers, Comcast email allows you to send, receive, and draft message in your Comcast email account. The service provides simple steps to follow to sign up for a free user account.
How to Check Comcast Email
You first need to set up your Comcast email account on your device to be able to check your inbox, read messages, and respond to incoming messages.
So, in this guide, we will walk you through different approaches to set up and access your email on Comcast using both the Gmail Android app and the official Xfinity mobile app.
How to Use Comcast Xfinity Webmail Service
Comcast provides a default approach to check your email account via the webmail service.
- Go to the official Xfinity webmail service website.
- Click on the “Message” box on the site primary menu.
- Enter your Xfinity webmail email/username/phone number and password and click on the “Sign in” button.
- Now, you will be redirected to your Comcast email account where you will have access to your inbox, sent mail, and draft messages.
How to Access Comcast Webmail on App
With the help of the official Comcast webmail app for Android and iPhone, you can access your email with just a click.
- First, download Comcast webmail app for Android and iOS (iPhone/iPad) and install it.
- Launch the mobile app after successful installation and enter your Comcast username/email/phone number, password, and click on the “Sign in” button.
- Find the “Message” box and click on it to access your personal email account details.
Within the Comcast mobile app, you can access other Comcast services other than the email service.
How to Check Comcast Email on Gmail App
To keep your Android phone or iPhone apps limited to some strictly selected app, you can turn to use Xfinity Comcast webmail access on Gmail to access, read, send, and draft messages in your Xfinity account.
- Go to Gmail.com on your web browser.
- Sign in with your Google account username and password.
- Tap on the “Settings” cogwheel gear icon that is located at the top-right.
- Click on the “Account” label and tap on “Add another email address.”
- A new “tab” will open. Enter your “Comcast email name, email address, and click on the “Next” button.
- Click on the option to select “Import Email From my Other Account (POP3).”
- Now, you need to enter the username that you want to use and type your Comcast webmail password.
- Set the Port: 993, POP Service: imap.comcast.net and check the option “Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail”
- Save all changes.
With the settings above, all incoming messages to your Xfinity Comcast email account will be accessible on Gmail mobile app. However, the downside of the above settings is that you will not be able to Send Comcast Email but you will be able to read Comcast inbox.
How to Link Comcast Email to Microsoft Outlook
If you are using Windows and your Microsoft Outlook account is linked to your Windows you can quickly link Comcast webmail to it to bring the two services together under the same umbrella. We recommend you use either Outlook 2013 or 2016.
- Open the Outlook version you installed on your Windows.
- Tap on the “File Menu” option.
- Click on Account Settings >> Account Settings >> New.
- Under Choose Service select the Email account and click on the Next button.
- Select the radio button Manual setup or additional server types and click on the “Next” button.
- Select POP/IMAP and click on the Next button.
- Fill the profile column with your Comcast email details.
- In the account type choose IMAP.
- Set the incoming server to imap.comcast.net and outgoing mail server to smtp.comcast.net.
- Confirm your Xfinity information the page to make sure that they are all correct.
- Type your Comcast Xfinity email password and click on the “More Settings” option to the bottom right.
- Click on the outgoing server radio button.
- Check the box beside My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Choose the same settings for incoming server below the first option.
- Click on the Advanced tab on the navigation bar.
- Go to Use the following type of encrypted connection and select SSL from the drop-menu to turn on a secure connection.
- Set the Outgoing Server (SMTP) to 587.
- Once again, go to Use the following type of encrypted connection and select TLS
- Tap OK to save changes.
Close the entire setup and all should be working now. All incoming messages to your Comcast inbox will be accessible on your Microsoft Outlook account.
How to Redirect Comcast Notifications to Third-party
This, you don’t need to keep the Xfinity email account but you can still receive all the notifications that are coming to your webmail account to other email service providers such as Gmail, Yahoo!, and Microsoft.
- Go to Xfinity.com and sign in to your Comcast account.
- Navigate to Account Settings >> Personal Contact Information.
- Click on the “Edit” option close to Additional Email.
- Add the email address you want to redirect your Comcast email notification to and check the option to make it preferred email.
At this point, it’s your choice to decide which email service to use. However, it’s recommended that you choose the most frequently used email account.
This can be your Gmail or Microsoft Outlook account. With this, you will receive all notifications to the email you set as your preferred email address in the settings above.
So, there is no need to log into your Xfinity account to check your email again. You will be notified via the email account you setup above.