Buds are very small devices that make listening to music and podcast very easy and enjoyable. Peradventure, you’ve been using your Galaxy buds live for a while and you discover it’s getting dirty and it needs cleaning. This article will guide you on how to clean Galaxy Buds live without damaging your buds with its unique bean shape.
Do you love using your Galaxy Buds, especially the latest models like the Galaxy Buds2 and Galaxy Buds2 Pro? Then, you should cultivate a habit of cleaning and caring for them regularly. When cleaning your buds, there are certain things you should avoid which have been listed in the latter part of this post.
Over the years of using your earbuds, dust, earwax, and other minute debris can accumulate in the earbuds and make the audio faint in a way, or even prevent the earbuds from charging correctly.
Let’s get to work on how to clean the bean-shaped Samsung Galaxy Buds Live. There’s a proper way to clean your buds in case you’ve to have been following the wrong procedures in cleaning them which can lead to permanent damage. Read on!
Features of Galaxy Buds Live
The Galaxy Buds Live is one of Samsung’s several inventions. Although, these earbuds look weird and have a different design most earbuds you see around don’t have. Getting familiarized with the features of the Buds Live earbuds will help you further on how to clean Galaxy Buds Live.
How effective these earbuds will work depends on the phone you pair them with. The pairing process to controlling your music involves very easy steps. The following are the features of Galaxy Buds Live:
- They are very easy to use despite their bean-shaped design.
- They are shiny, and bean-shaped and look like they won’t fit perfectly in your ears when you hold them first in your hand.
- They are very comfortable to use and fit perfectly in the ears.
- It has a small rectangular fin at the top area of the buds that locks the Buds in place.
- The Galaxy Buds Live’s speakers are located on the bottom of each earbud which makes it difficult to tell which bean earbud goes in which ear.
- They offer excellent sound.
- They are quite cheaper than other high-end earbuds.
What to avoid when cleaning Galaxy Buds Live
Since buds are very small and fragile devices that need to be handled with extra care, especially when you want to clean them. Some even believe it’s impossible to clean something as small as buds, anyway, the good news is that you can clean it.
However, before we proceed to the cleaning steps, there are certain things you need to avoid and not do when cleaning your Galaxy buds live. When cleaning Galaxy buds live, avoid the following:
- Do not hold the earbuds upright.
- Never use harsh liquids like alcohol or soapy water when cleaning to prevent debris from falling inside them.
- Don’t apply too much force to avoid damaging it accidentally.
- Avoid using things like metal or wire brushes when cleaning your earbuds because the harsh bristles may damage them.
- Don’t wear your earbuds wet, allow them to get dry and place them in the charging case.
- Not drying the earbuds thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth can cause prevent corrosion.
How to Clean Galaxy Buds Live
To enjoy the best audio experience, you need to cultivate the habit of cleaning your Galaxy Buds Live regularly. You will need the following items to thoroughly clean your earbuds as; a cotton swab to wipe off any debris, a soft dry cloth, and a soft brush.
Thoroughly cleaning your earbuds does not mean you apply force on them. Note that you should only wear the earbuds when they are dry, and ensure they are clean before placing them back in the charging case.
This is how to clean Galaxy buds Live, follow the steps below:
- Galaxy buds live has a unique bean shape with specially designed wingtips instead of the normal earbud tips.
- The wingtips are flatter which makes the earbuds comfortably fit in your ears.
- The first thing to do when cleaning your Galaxy buds live is to remove the wingtip by carefully sliding it off the bud.
- Then, take a cotton swab and dry brush to remove all debris and foreign materials from the earbuds and wingtips (In case you don’t have a cotton swab, you can use a soft dry cloth).
- On the mesh part of each earbud receiver, wipe with a soft, dry cloth to remove dust, earwax, or oil.
- You can also clean the charging contacts and sensors on both earbuds with the contacts inside the charging case.
- Finally, once you are done cleaning, attach the wingtip back to the earbuds.
That’s it! Very easy. However, note that your earbuds may deliver low or poor audio quality once the debris and foreign materials accumulate in the wingtip or on the mesh.
Once sweat or any liquid gets on the charging contacts, ensure you dry them thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth to prevent corrosion. This is how to clean Galaxy buds Live. To learn how to clean your Gear IconX earbuds, proceed to the next section of this post.
How to Clean your Gear IconX earbuds
To avoid audio issues, ensure you always clean and dry your ears and your Gear IconX earbuds before wearing them. You should only wear the earbuds when they are dry and clean. You can go ahead to place them in the charging case once they are dry. Follow the steps below to clean your Gear IconX earbuds:
- Slide the rubber earbud tip carefully from around the speaker.
- Avoid using force to remove the earbud tip from the earbud to prevent damage.
- Clean the earbud tip and the mesh covering on the speaker thoroughly.
- Using a cotton swab and dry brush, remove all the debris and foreign materials from the earbuds and earbud tip.
- Gently wipe the inside of the earbud tip with a soft, dry cloth to remove dust, earwax, or oil from the mesh part of each earbud receiver.
- Now, you can attach the earbud tip to the earbud.
- Once the cleaning process has been completed, assemble the earbud tip carefully on the earbuds.
- Cover the fastener at the bottom of the earbuds with the earbud tip.
- Make use of a cotton swab to clean the charging contacts and sensor on both earbuds and the contacts inside the charging case.
Although the steps are similar, the only difference is that the Galaxy buds Live has a wingtip and it’s bean-shaped while the Gear IconX earbuds have an earbuds tip.
This is all about how to clean Galaxy Buds Live. The process is straightforward. It doesn’t require any technical procedure.