Do you own a pair of Aftershokz headphone and have been wondering how to connect Aftershokz to windows PC? Then you can read this article to learn the steps needed to connect Aftershokz to windows devices.
The major difference between an Aftershokz headphone and the regular headphone is the bone conducting open ear technology behind it.
The bone conducting open ear technology Aftershokz uses transmits sounds directly from your cheekbones to your inner ears. This has a lot of benefits including being much more safer for longer wear,easier to clean,safer to use as the open ear design ensures you are conscious of your surroundings and the people around you.
The Aftershockz headphone will pair and connect with any device ranging from iPhones, Androids, Macbooks, Windows PC, Smart device and the likes ,as long as the device has bluetooth version 3.1 or higher.
How to Connect Aftershokz to Windows
You can connect Aftershokz to windows for use either at home or in the office. Whether it is to listen to music while you work or relax, attend video meetings via google meet, zoom, skype or any other video conferencing platform.
You do not require any form of technical expertise to connect Aftershokz to windows, however it is recommended that you confirm you are using an up to date bluetooth driver on your windows.
You also do not have to worry if your Windows device does not come with a bluetooth compatibility feature, as you can still connect Aftershokz to windows using a bluetoth adapter, although the Aftershokz headphone can be quite selective with the kind of adapter it is compatible with.
A popular bluetooth adapter that is known to be quite compatible with the Aftershokz headphone is the ASUS USB-BT 400.
To connect Aftershokz to windows, follow the steps outlined below.
- Turn off your Aftershokz headphone.
- Now put your Aftershokz device in pairing mode by pressing the volume + button for about 5-7 seconds, and you can see the LED light flashing red and blue with a welcome to Aftershokz prompt from your headphone.
- Then turn on your windows device and go to settings.
- Now select PC settings from the settings menu.
- From PC settings menu, navigate to add a device and select it.
- Then click on your Aftershokz headphones from the list of available devices.
Once you have successfully connected Aftershokz to windows, you will hear a connected message from the Aftershokz headphone.
How to Connect Aftershokz to iPhone
If you own an iPhone device, and will like to connect Aftershokz to iPhone, follow the steps outlined below.
- Confirm that your headphone is turned off.
- Then enter pairing mode by pressing and holding the volume + button of your headphone for about 7 seconds or till the Led light flashed red and blue and you hear a welcome to Aftershokz message.
- Then go to your iPhone settings menu and navigate to bluetooth settings.
- Now from the list of available device, select your Aftershokz headphone.
Once you have successfully connected your Aftershokz to your iPhone, you will hear a connected message from your headphone.
How to pair Aftershokz to Multiple Devices
Apart from being able to connect Aftershokz to Windows devices, you can also pair Aftershokz to multiple devices as Aftershokz has a multipoint paring feature.
However, the multipoint pairing feature only allows you to pair Aftershokz to two devices at the same time.
You also cannot receive audio from both device simultaneously, but it helps you to easily switch to whichever device you need at a particular time without having to worry about pairing all over again.
Follow the steps below if you need to pair your Aftershokz headphone with multiple devices using multipoint pairing.
- Ensure your Aftershokz headphone is turned off.
- Then put your Aftershokz headphone in paring mode by pressing and holding the volume + button for approximately 5-7 seconds, or until the LED light flashes red and blue lights.
- Now press down the multifunction button and the volume + button for about 5 seconds, or until you hear the Multipoint enabled prompt.
- Then on the first device you will like to pair, go to the bluetooth settings menu and select your Aftershokz headphone from the list of available device, then click on it to pair the first device.
- Once the first device has successfully paired, you will hear a connected message from your headphone.
- Then turn off your Aftershokz headphones again.
- Now, re-enter the pairing mode by pressing and holding the volume + button for about 5 seconds, or until the LED light flashes red and blue lights.
- Now pair the second device, by going to the device bluetooth settings and select your Aftershokz headphone from the list of available devices, then click on it to pair the second device.
- Once the device has successfully paired, you will hear a device two connected message from your headphone.
- Now, turn off your headphone and turn it on.
You have now successfully paired your Aftershockz headphone to multiple devices using the multipoint pairing feature.
How to Reset Aftershokz
If you have been encountering issues with your Aftershokz headphone, perharps it has not been pairing with other devices.
The solution might be to reset Aftershokz, and to do this, just follow the instructions below.
- Press and hold down the volume + button until the LED light flashed red and blue and you hear a welcome to Aftershokz message signifyining it is ready for pairing.
- Then press and hold the multifunction button and the volume + button simultaneously for approximately 5 seconds.
- Once you feel vibrations and hear 2 beeps, turn off the headphone.
After you have successfully reset the headphones, you can attempt to pair it with a device, to confirm it is working properly.
How to Update Windows Bluetooth Driver
You might be unable to connect Aftershokz to windows, if the bluetooth driver in your windows PC is already outdated.
To update windows bluetooth driver, follow the steps outlined below.
- Turn on your PC and go to settings.
- From the settings menu, select device manager.
- Then navigate to bluetooth and right click on it.
- Then select uninstalll, and press ok to the prompt that follows.
- Now, click update driver software.
- After the update is complete, restart your system.
You can then confirm if the bluetooth is working properly, by pairing it with the Aftershokz headphone.
Ths article has explored how to connect Aftershoks to Windows, how to use the multipoint pairing feature, and how to reset the Aftershokz headphone.
You can also check out How to Connect Aftershokz to iPhone