Apple AirPods have amazing features that make users love them especially when it’s connected with the Apple family product. The interaction is seamless! However, when it comes to connecting AirPods to non-Apple products like Vizio TV, the process can be a bit difficult. Here, you will learn how to connect AirPods to Vizio TV without any hassle.
Once your smart TV supports Bluetooth headphones, then the connection is easier although not all features will be available. To connect AirPods to Vizio TV, simply set the headset in their case first, and tap the button behind it until the status light flashes white to enable the pairing mode.
There are several ways by which you can connect AirPods to Vizio TV such as using the Bluetooth transmitter, connecting the two devices via Apple TV, and so on. With the help of Bluetooth LE, you can still connect these devices. Let’s get to work!
What to Note before you Connect AirPods to Vizio TV
Before you go ahead to connect AirPods to Vizio TV, you need to note some important things that will help you in the connection steps. These vital points include:
- Since most Soundbars are connected with HDMI or optical wires, Soundbars still have to interpret audio from the Vizio TV before they can produce any sound.
- Soundbars are Bluetooth output devices and not input.
- Connecting AirPods directly to your Vizio TV could also cause a lag.
- Some devices stuff and transmit audio faster than others since there is more than one Bluetooth codec.
- Check if your Vizio TV and AirPods are using different Bluetooth codecs (if they are the possibility is very high, then there may be an obvious audio lag once you use your AirPods with it).
- The Bluetooth codec is an important feature to look out for when buying a new Vizio TV or a pair of Apple AirPods.
- Since Bluetooth and Wi-Fi signals are not that compatible with each other, you may have to sit very close or adjust your router’s position to get the best out of the connection.
- Ensure that your Vizio TV model has in-built Bluetooth capabilities since not all Vizio TVs have these features.
Once all these have been put in place, then you can go ahead to pair your AirPods and Vizio TV.
How to Pair Vizio TV to AirPods
Although most Vizio TVs don’t have Bluetooth capabilities, there are a few other models that provide this feature. Before you go ahead to buy a Vizio TV with Bluetooth, ensure you check the specifications of the model before making a purchase.
Before pairing your Vizio TV with a set of AirPods, you need to do the following first; ensure that both your Vizio TV and the Bluetooth device are turned on and both are in close range with each other. Follow the steps below to pair Vizio TV with AirPods:
- Put your Vizio TV into pairing mode by tapping on the “Menu” button on your remote control and selecting “Settings.”
- Now, choose Bluetooth >> Pair New Device.
- Your Vizio TV will become visible or discoverable by nearby Bluetooth devices (AirPods).
- Once your Vizio TV’s pairing mode has been enabled, turn on the discovery mode of the AirPods as well to begin the pairing process.
- Once both devices have been paired, then you can use your AirPods with your Vizio TV without any hassle.
Now, let’s go ahead on how to connect AirPods to Vizio TV usually different methods below.
How to Connect AirPods to Vizio TV
If your Vizio TV uses the built-in Bluetooth capability, then it has a possibility that it will pair with your AirPods. However, if your TV doesn’t have this feature, you can use several alternatives such as using Bluetooth transmitters, Apple TV, Roku, or via Fire TV, Chromebook and so on.
With any of the aforementioned methods, you will be able to get your AirPods working with your Vizio TV. Follow the steps below on how to connect AirPods to Vizio TV using Bluetooth transmitter and Apple TV:
Using a Bluetooth Transmitter
Apple AirPods make use of Bluetooth AAC/SBC while the Vizio TVs use Bluetooth LE, this is where the problem sets in when you want to connect your Apple AirPods.
Although using a Bluetooth transmitter is a cheap alternative. There are several amazing Bluetooth transmitters on the market, and they are very easy to set up and use with Apple AirPods.
Irrespective of the Bluetooth transmitter you have, follow the steps below:
- Plug the transmitter into the Auxiliary, Optical, RCA, or Coaxial port on your Vizio TV.
- Power on the transmitter and set your AirPods to pairing mode.
- Now, open your Bluetooth settings on your iPhone and switch off any other active Bluetooth devices before pairing your AirPods.
- The LED light will turn green once the connection is successful
That’s it! This is how to connect AirPods to your Vizio TV via the Bluetooth transmitter.
Connect Your AirPods to Vizio TV via Apple TV
Connecting your Apple TV to your Vizio TV and pairing your Apple AirPods to the Apple TV is the best method for using them with a Vizio set indirectly.
If you are an Apple product lover, then it implies you either have an iPhone, iPad, or other Apple products in your home. Any of the Apple devices that your AirPods are paired with will sync via iCloud with all other devices automatically, including the Apple TV.
This is how to connect your AirPods to Vizio TV via Apple TV if you just got a new pair of AirPods, the setup is quite simple:
- Long-press the button behind your AirPods charging case until you see the flashing white light.
- Go to Settings >> Remotes and Devices >> Bluetooth on your Apple TV.
- You will see your AirPods appear so that you can complete the pairing process.
Once this process has been completed, then you are good to use your AirPods with your Vizio TV seamlessly. Once you can successfully connect your AirPods to your Vizio TV, then you can now listen to audio from your smart TV via the earbuds.
Can’t Connect AirPods to Vizio TV? Try these Fixes!
If after following all the steps mentioned above and your AirPods won’t still connect to Vizio TV, then any of the following may be the cause:
- Your TV model may be different from another user’s which implies that you may need to follow different steps to connect your wireless headphones to your TV.
Since you have a user manual for your TV, go through the steps to guide you, and always ensure you read the manual before you start the pairing process of your Vizio TV with AirPods.