The pairing process between Apple Airpods and Apple devices usually involves a speedy and smooth one. Although, it doesn’t mean that the Airpods are not supported by other non-Apple devices like Chromebook.
Since Chromebook supports Bluetooth connection, this post will guide you through the easy steps to connect Airpods to Chromebook without any hassle.
Chromebooks are Chrome Operating system-powered gadgets that have few features. The Apple AirPods are the world’s well-known wireless earbuds, very portable and easy to use.
There’s even the latest brand of the Apple Airpods known as the AirPods Pro, which launched ear tips, noise cancellation, and other cool extra features that enable you to enjoy your music seamlessly.
One major limitation with most Apple products is that they don’t easily pair with non-Apple devices. They depend solely on their technology for almost everything. Airpods have a universal Bluetooth connection. Bluetooth usually allows AirPods to connect to various devices for primary audio purposes, just like your Chromebook.
Just before connecting your Airpods to Chromebook, ensure all your devices are well-charged and log onto your Chromebook. Make sure you check your Bluetooth Settings and search for your AirPods. Place your AirPods very close to your Chromebook for the connection process! Also, ensure the case is charged and both your right and left AirPods are placed in the charging case.
How to Connect AirPods to Chromebook
Apple AirPods are usually known to pair only with Apple products. However, other Bluetooth-supported devices, like Chromebooks, can pair with AirPods via your laptop’s Bluetooth setting.
Right before you start the connection process, make sure you stop any music or video apps on your iPhone or other Apple devices close by. Not closing these apps can hinder the Apple Airpods from pairing to a Chromebook. Then, go ahead to switch on the Bluetooth Settings.
Follow the steps below to connect AirPods to Chromebook:
- Select the Menu option on the Chromebook screen. This is the network icon located at the lower-right corner of the screen beside the battery percentage and digital clock.
- This menu shows options for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, notifications, and others.
- Choose Bluetooth and switch on the Bluetooth connection in case it’s off.
- Once the Bluetooth is on, the Chromebook will automatically search for wireless devices.
- Make sure the AirPods are inside the charging case.
- Ensure the charging case is close by to recharge the AirPods (Bluetooth connections drain the battery of any wireless device).
- AirPods can only use about five hours of battery life, and the case can use up to 24 hours of additional battery life.
- If your AirPods doesn’t appear automatically on the Chromebook’s Bluetooth list, long-press on the Setup button behind the AirPods case. The AirPods should soon be detected.
- Ensure you are within 20 feet from the Chromebook to sustain the AirPods’ Bluetooth connection.
- On the Chromebook, go to the Bluetooth Available Devices list and choose the AirPods. Verify any prompts displayed on the Chromebook.
- Once it connects, the LED light on the AirPods charging case will turn green, and the status in the Chromebook Bluetooth Settings will be displayed as Connected.
- Now your AirPods have been successfully paired with the Chromebook. Once they have been paired, you can simply adjust the AirPods volume from the Chromebook.
- You will receive a confirmation message saying that the devices have been paired and are available for use.
Now that you have successfully been able to connect AirPods to Chromebook, you are free to go about your wireless listening.
How to Disconnect AirPods From Chromebook
Just as it is easy to connect Airpods to Chromebook, so it is to disconnect AirPods from Chromebook, follow the steps below to disconnect Airpods from Chromebook:
- Switch off the Chromebook’s Bluetooth connection or long-press on the Pair button behind the Airpods case.
- Open the Bluetooth Menu in your Chromebook and switch it off.
- Go back to the Bluetooth Settings and tap the Setting “cog” icon located at the top right corner of the window.
- You will be directed to the main Setting page where the Bluetooth earbuds are listed as Connected.
- To the far right of its name, tap on the three dots and select Disconnect.
- That’s it! It is that straightforward once everything is working properly.
Can’t Connect Airpods to Chromebook? Try these Fixes!
Are you getting agitated already because you can’t connect Airpods to Chromebook? Then you can try any of the troubleshooting tips below, one of them should solve your issue:
Airpod not connecting to Chromebook
The initial step is to be sure that Bluetooth has been disabled on your other devices like iPhone, iPad, or Macbook. The Airpods might be trying to initiate a connection with these devices while you are trying to pair with the Chromebook. In addition, you can also enable Bluetooth on other devices and check if it is getting detected. If not, the problem might be associated with the Chromebook. You could also reset the Airpods. Do this by:
- Placing the Airpods in the charging case and tapping the pair button for about 15 seconds.
Connection Initiated but Audio skips
You have successfully been able to establish a connection but the Airpods has Audio problems, so you can try enabling Newblue. This can be enabled from one of Chrome OS’s flags. To enable Newblue, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to chrome://flags/#newblue and select the enable option.
- Restart Chromebook and wait for a few seconds for the flag to be active.
- This could help in resolving the audio issues.
Out of sync Audio
If you were able to connect Airpods to Chromebook, but the audio in both ears is out of sync, then you can try covering both the earbuds to lose the connection. After uncovering the earbuds, the Airpods will get repaired and might get in sync again or you could just place the AirPods in the case for a few seconds. This will also help to disconnect and reconnect the AirPods and possibly fix the out-of-sync audio. If this fix doesn’t solve your problem, you can try the next fix below out.
Airpod and Chromebook not working together
This does not usually happen, but there have been a few reports about its occurrence. In this case, the best remedy is to invest in a new pair of wireless earbuds or wired headphones.
We hope this guide has helped you to connect Airpods to Chromebook. Most of the connection issues can easily be rectified. However, if you are still unable to fix your problem, then, the best bet would be to get an alternative Airpods. For additional suggestions on this article, kindly feel free to drop your comment in the section below. Thanks for reading thus far.