A smart TV remote is an integral part of the device. But, when the TV remote control is not working or is out of reach how do you control your Smart TV? So, in this article, we will focus on Hisense TV remote and how to connect Hisense TV to WiFi without remote.
The purpose why you want to port to controlling your Hisense TV without the remote could be because the remote is spoilt or damaged or the remote not working.
Whichever reason why you decide to check out the possibility of how you can connect your Hisense TV to WiFi without using a remote, this article will satisfy that curiosity.
Meanwhile, if you also need to know how to connect your Hisense TV to your WiFi at home or hotspot, kindly check out our guide on how to connect Hisense TV to WiFi or Hotspot.
How to Connect Hisense TV to WiFi without Remote
There are a few ways to connect your Hisense TV to WiFi without using a remote. These options include the following.
- Using a mobile remote app.
- Wired USB mouse.
- Using Wired Router.
- Using Mobile HotSpot.
- Using Remote keyboard for Smart TV
And here, we will discuss how you can use all these resources to connect your Hisense Smart TV to WiFi or wired network without using a remote.
How to Connect Hisense TV to WiFi without Remote using Ethernet
If you have a router at home this is probably the easiest method that can be used to connect your Hisense TV to your WiFi without spending extra cash on a universal remote or USB or compatible keyboard.
Therefore, here we will quickly walk you through the process of how to connect your Hisense TV to Ethernet without a remote to connect the smart TV to the internet.
- Press the power button on your Router for about 2 seconds to turn on the WiFi. But, we will be making use of the ethernet [Lan].
- Get the Ethernet cable. Your router should have at least one. If there is none in the router package, then you need to get one.
- Plug one end of the ethernet cable to your router and the other end to your Hisense Smart TV LAN port.
- Turn on your Hisense TV by pressing the power button.
- By default, the TV should connect to the LAN network but let us do a quick push.
- Navigate to your Hisense TV settings >> Network.
- Turn on wake on Lan and choose the network configuration.
- Choose Wired and you are done.
When you choose network configuration you would probably see a WiFi network available. But since we are interested in using LAN, you then need to choose LAN to connect the TV to the internet via the LAN network.
Use Remote Keyboard for Smart TV
The remote keyboard for smart TV is taking over TV remote in no time because it offers convenience compared to the default remote that comes with your TV.
However, using the feature your TV must have a Bluetooth function since the keyboard works with Bluetooth. Therefore, to connect the Hisense TV to WiFi without remote using the remote keyboard kindly follow the steps below.
How to Turn on Hisense TV Bluetooth
Firstly, we need to turn on Hisense TV Bluetooth because we can connect the wireless keyboard or remote keyboard to your Hisense TV.
- Go to “Menu” on your Hisense Smart TV.
- Navigate to “Settings.”
- Select “Network.”
- Highlight and turn on “Bluetooth.”
With this, the remote keyboard will be able to discover your Hisense TV and connect to it.
- Turn on your “Remote Keyboard” Bluetooth feature.
- Find your “Hisense TV” and connect to it.
- Once the keyboard has been connected to your TV then we are good to go.
- Use the navigation button and go to your Hisense TV settings.
- Select “Network.”
- Select “Network Configuration” using the “Enter” button.
- Navigate to your “WiFi” and select the name.
- Enter the WiFi username and password using the keyboard.
That is all you have to do to control and connect your Hisense TV to WiFi without a remote. Although, the keyboard remote cost some buck it is worth it in the long run as it can be used with your Smartphone.
How to Connect Hisense TV to WiFi without Remote using Bluetooth Enabled Mouse
Here is another method that people don’t know about. But, I am going to share the steps with you in this article. The process to connect your Smart TV using a mouse is quite simple.
But, I will advise a Bluetooth mouse because it makes it comfortable to sit at a distance and still able to control your smart TV, unlike a wired mouse where you need to move close to the TV to the turn of the mouse wired meter.
- Turn on your Hisense Smart TV.
- Plug the wireless mouse transmitter into your TV USB port.
- Use the mouse controller to select “Settings” by left-clicking on it.
- Use the scroller to scroll to Network and left-click.
- Choose “Network Configuration” and left-click.
- Find and select the name of the WiFi to connect your Hisense TV.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to enter the WiFi password and click on the connect button.
That is all. With these steps, you will be able to connect your wireless mouse to your Hisense TV and use it to connect the smart TV to the WiFi without a remote.
Use Hisense RemoteNow App to Connect your Hisense to WiFi without Remote
You are probably waiting for this. And here we are now. If you have a smartphone [Android or iOS] you can use the Hisense RemoteNow app to connect your Hisense TV to the WiFi without a remote.
And here, you will know how to connect Hisense TV to WiFi without a remote in this section using the HisenseNow app.
- Download and install the Hisense RemoteNow app for your smartphone OS [Android & iOS].
- Launch the RemoteNow app and connect to the same WiFi as your Hisense TV.
- Select your Hisense Name from the app and you are good to go.
A lot of Hisense users are relying on this remote app to control their TV without using a remote. You can also try and see whether it is worth it.