If you are looking at how to connect Hisense TV to WiFi without remote or with your remote here is a guide we put together for you. If you just want to use your Hisense TV with your decoder or Android TV box there won’t be much need for internet access.
But, when it comes to accessing and using apps or browsers on your Hisense smart TV, then, you need to be connected to either a WiFi or Hotspot.
Aside from that, updating apps or your Hisense TV firmware, you need to connect to WiFi. This is exactly the more reason why we are considering how to connect your Hisense TV to WiFi in this article.
Meanwhile, there are a few methods that can be used to connect your Hisense TV to WiFi. Your Hisense TV can be connected to WiFi from your router or Hotspot from your Android or iPhone. At the same, you can connect your Hisense TV to the internet using a Wired network.
Whichever one you desire, in this article, we will discuss all possible methods to connect your Hisense TV to a network at home or office.
How to Connect Hisense TV to WiFi
The hurdles to connect your Hisense to your WiFi should be under control if you are an average tech guy. And for this, we will quickly run through the process you need to follow to find all available wireless networks and connect to your preferred choice.
- Turn on your Hisense Smart TV.
- Press your Hisense TV menu button on the TV remote.
- Navigate to “Settings”, highlight it, and press the “OK” on your remote.
- Highlight “Network’ and press the “Enter” button on your remote to select it.
- Choose “Network Information” to find out whether your Hisense TV was connected to WiFi already.
- Now, if the TV is yet to be connected to any of the available networks select “Network Configuration”
- Select “Wireless” to search for your WiFi device.
- Select the name of your WiFi and select it.
- Enter your WiFi password when prompted to connect your Hisense TV to the selected WiFi.
Now with the above steps, your Hisense TV will be connected to the selected WiFi network and you can now browse the internet or start using your desired apps on your Hisense once it WiFi network or your Hotspot that serve as the WiFi is turned on.
Would you like to check out this guide on how to Fix the Vizio TV remote not working?
How to Connect Hisense TV to WiFi using Wired Network
If your wireless network isn’t working then you can beckon on the Wired network to connect your Hisense to the internet. Meanwhile, you will need a wireless cable to accomplish this. And with the Hisense TV inbuilt network port, you can easily connect your network cable to the power and connect your Hisense TV to the internet.
- Ensure you have the ethernet cable to connect your WiFi and Router.
- Plug either of the ethernet cable’s end into your Hisense TV and the router respectively.
- Go to “Settings” on your Hisense TV with your remote.
- Scroll down and select “Network.”
- While in the “Network Configuration section” toggle on the “LAN” option to enable the wired connection.
- You should see the connected network with the connected ethernet cable.
That is all you have to do to connect your Hisense TV to WiFi to browse the internet on the smart TV.
How to Connect Hisense TV to Hotspot
You don’t necessarily need WiFi to connect your Hisense TV to the internet. You can do this with your phone hotspot. So, in this section, I will walk you through the steps to take to connect your Hisense TV to your phone hotspot and browser the internet on your Hisense smart TV.
- Swipe down your phone notification tray.
- Connect the phone to the internet and click on the “HotSpot” option to turn on the phone hotspot.
- Turn on your Hisense TV and navigate to the smart TV settings.
- Choose a network and click on network configuration.
- Select “Wireless” and choose the name of your phone hotspot.
- Enter the network password and click on the connect button.
The process above will connect your Hisense TV to the hotspot and connect the TV to the internet using the hotspot. However, to be able to explore the internet on the Hisense/phone ensure that you have an active mobile data subscription.
Hisense TV not Connecting to the WiFi
A lot of reasons could be responsible for why your Hisense TV failed to connect to your WiFi. And once any of these reasons occurs, connecting your Hisense TV to your WiFi or Hotspot will always fail.
However, we came to realize that the following could cause your Hisense TV not to connect to WiFi.
- Your WiFi password isn’t correct. So, you need to ensure that you are using the correct password for your WiFi. Check out this guide on how to find the wireless password.
- Check the network brand whether they are not compatible.
- If the distance between your router and Hisense TV is out of range you will find it very difficult to connect your TV to your network.
These basic problems can stop your Hisense from connecting to your WiFi. However, if these are taken care of and you still cannot connect to your WiFi, then, troubleshoot your TV.
Power Cycle Hisense TV
It’s easy to connect Hisense TV to WiFi using your router or Hotspot. However, if you are unable to connect the Hisense TV to your WiFi, doing a simple power cycle can help restore the TV and fix all supposed problems.
- Turn off your Hisense TV
- Unplug the TV cable from the wall socket.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes and keep pressing the Hisense TV power button while the TV is turned off and disconnected from the power socket.
- Press and hold your remote power button for at least 1 minute.
- Keep pressing all other buttons on the remote until all buttons are pressed.
- Now plug and turn on the TV.
After all the above processes, navigate to your Hisense TV settings and connect to the WiFi.