Are you a Music lover who loves to listen to good sounds that suits every situation? Whether you are in a gym or on a couch trying to relax, there’s a song for each moment. Well, this article will help you to stay organised and you will learn how to create a playlist on youtube and how you can easily edit other playlists you have created.
YouTube Music offers a variety of incredible content for all users but free and premium subscribers, but it works best when the playlists are well-organized.
Setting up a YouTube Music playlist is quite simple, but there are some considerations to bear in mind.
The most impressive feature of the service is that you can listen to and check all of your YouTube playlists at the same time. Some clips may be unavailable, but the majority will work while on YouTube Music.
Follow us as we walk you through how to create a playlist on YouTube and edit a playlist you have already created in this guide on your device such as iPhone, Android, Web/App.
How to Create a Playlist on YouTube
Creating a YouTube Music playlist is simple, whether you use the browser version or the phone app. We will go over all available options here so that you can know precisely what you need to do.
Set up a playlist in the YouTube Music app for iPhone and Android by following these steps:
- Go to the Library on the YouTube Music app.
- To view all available playlists, click the Playlists button.
- You should be aware that you will be able to find all of your playlists on YouTube, even if they are videos. Some will not be playable on YouTube Music.
- Tap New Playlist and enter a title and description for it.
- Choose whether you want it to be public, unlisted, or private.
- You will get some YouTube song suggestions, which you can add to your playlist by clicking the Plus (+) icon on the right.
- You may also search for certain artists, titles, or albums by tapping the Add a Song option.
- When you locate one you wish to add to the playlist, tap on the tracks to add them straight.
- You can also get more alternatives by clicking on the three buttons on the side of the music.
- The search feature also works for songs stored on your device.
- If you have any favourites on your phone, you can add them to your playlist as well.
How to Create a New Playlist on YouTube via YouTube Website
Here’s how to make a playlist on YouTube Music’s website or desktop app:
- Make sure you are logged in by visiting the YouTube Music website or opening the YouTube Music app.
- Make sure you are on the Playlists tab in the Library.
- Click on the New Playlist button, which should be located on the left side of your list.
- Give your playlist a name, a description, and privacy options.
- You can add songs to the playlist by selecting some from the Suggestions list.
- You can refresh the page to see new tracks.
- If you are searching for specific songs, go to the top of the screen and look for them.
- Unlike the app, you can’t tap on them to add them to a playlist (although pressing on them will play them).
- Select Add to Playlist from the three buttons on the right.
- A window will appear in which you can select the playlist you want to add the music to.
- The most recent ones are at the top, making it easy to select the one you just made.
That’s it! You have just created a playlist on YouTube Music’s website or computer app.
How to Edit a Playlist on YouTube Music on iPad
Here’s how to edit a playlist on YouTube Music if you are using an iPad:
- Tap the Library icon in the bottom right to access the Playlist you wish to update.
- When you select the playlist, you’ll notice a pencil icon to the left of the play button.
- You can modify the following settings by tapping on it: Name >> Description >> Privacy >> Preferences >> Collaborate.
- You may also adjust the song’s order by long-pressing the two lines to the left of the song and moving it up or down.
- Another alternative is to touch on the dropdown menu at the top-right of the playlist, where you will see options for organizing the music, such as Manual, Newest first and Newest Last.
You can see more options by tapping on the dots to the right of each song. You will also notice the opportunity to add another song at the bottom of the playlist.
How to Edit YouTube Playlist on Android
Follow the steps below to learn how to edit youtube playlist on android
- Return to the playlist section of your YouTube Music app and tap on the one you wish to alter.
- Tap on the pencil button to the right of the playlist’s name.
- You can alter the playlist’s title and description, select a new privacy level, and add collaborators by sharing a playlist link with them.
- You can deactivate the link from the same location at any time.
How to Edit a Playlist on YouTube Music on a Web/App
Here’s how to edit your playlists once you’ve made all of them. To view all the created Playlists, select the Library option at the top of the screen.
- By putting the cursor over the one you want to alter, you will be able to see the three dots.
- The option to edit will appear when you click on them.
- The Edit Playlist option will be available once the playlist is opened, and it will be located next to the Shuffle button.
- In other words, go to Library >> Playlist >> Edit Playlist in your browser or PC app to edit your playlists.
- You can change the playlist’s title, description, and privacy settings, as well as share it with any friends and family members you wish to give power over it.
How to Add Your Music to YouTube Music
Once you discover that you can add your own music to your playlists and improve your experience, YouTube Music gets even cooler. Thankfully, it’s not too difficult to achieve that, but there are a few techniques to get this to work.
This article has done justice to how you can create and edit a playlist on YouTube Music. You can enjoy your favourite Music properly now for every mood you find yourself in without having to spend hours looking for a particular song that you want to play.