An option to delete Acorns account is the only approach to close Acorns account and cancel your Acorns subscription. While you can cancel Acorns subscription or membership without closing your Acorns account.
Since there is no commitment to using Acorns. Acorns users accounts are open to close at any time. This opens cancel Acorns membership subscription.
However, if you are clamouring for how to delete Acorns account on Android and on the web here is a guide for you.
Meanwhile, to pause and come back to your Acorns account you should leave the account without deleting it or rather go for how to deactivate Acorns account.
Note: You can get a refund of your investment on Acorns before you close your Acorns account. So, if you have not linked an account to your Acorns account do so before you proceed to close your Acorns account.
How Long Does it Take to Delete Acorns?
Acorns don’t close your account instantly. However, when you offered to close Acorns account your fund will be liquidated and refunded back to your account within 3-6 business days.
Once your fund has been liquidated and returned successfully, your Acorns account will be closed. However, before Acorns close your account, Acorns may choose to send 1099 form for your Acorns investment activity.
Most Acorns investors get at least one 1099 form for Acorns investors. As it is, Acorns would contact you if you need to sign one before you can close your Acorns account.
How to Delete Acorns Account Online
This is Acorns do-it-yourself to delete Acorns account. Here you just need to go through your Acorns account and navigate the account dashboard to delete and close your Acorns account and subscription.
- Go to Acorns official site to delete or close your account.
- Enter your Acorns username and password and click “Log In” to sign in to your Acorns account.
- Click on “Profile Avatar” to the top right on your account dashboard.
- Tap on “Settings” in your account dashboard.
- Find and click “Subscription >> Close my Account.”
- Click on “yes” from the popup to confirm to delete your account.
- This approach is permanent and it’s irreversible.
Following the procedures above Acorns will pull down and delete your acorns account and close your acorns subscription instantly without a waiting time.
How to Close Acorns Account on Android
If you prefer Acorns Android app to the official Acorns close account portal here is what to do to close your acorns account on acorns Android app.
- Launch the Acorns app. You can download it from here (Android or iOS).
- Sign in to your Acorns account.
- Click on the hamburger to the top right in your account.
- Click on “My Settings” when the menu opens.
- Click on “Manage my Account”
- Click on “Close Acorns Account.”
- Select the reason why you want to close or delete your Acorns account.
- Click on “Close Account” from the pop to confirm that you want to delete your account.
After you have successfully closed your Acorns account your Acorns login username and password will be deleted from Acorns database. To join and invest in Acorns you need to create a new account.
Close Acorns Account by Email
The acorns contact email is open to request for your Acorns account closure or deletes permanently. However, be sure to confirm that your Acorns account has been deleted by logging to your Acorns account with the account username and password to confirm whether it has been successfully closed or not.
- Open your email account and click on compose. You can use Gmail or Yahoo! Mail or even Hotmail.
- In the subject column, use “Delete Acorns Account.”
- In the body of the message, give the reason why you wants to delete your Acorns account.
- Send the e-mail to Support@acorns.com.
Now, wait for a representative to attend to your email. And do a follow-up. Provide all necessary information as to why to delete or close your Acorns account.
How to Close Acorns Account on Phone
This is another approach to consider whenever you decide to shut down your Acorns account. Contact Acorns customer care service on phone and request that you want to close your Acorns account.
(855) 739-2859 is the phone number to call to close Acorns account over the phone.