Amazon provides an easy way to delete your account if you decided to close it. The decision to create your Amazon account is similar to the decision to delete your account. Although, Amazon has changed the previous method to close down the Amazon account. Before, you can simply log in to your Amazon account and close it. But, now, you’d have to contact Amazon customers‘ representatives via help center or live chat to request your account closure. So, in this post, we will walk you through how to contact Amazon via the help center to request to delete your Amazon account.
Do not attempt to delete your Amazon account if you will still need it in the future. The process is irreversible. However, if you think the account will be of benefits to you later kindly leave the account and come back to it later. But, if you think you can also create a new Amazon account to serve the purpose follow the procedures below to learn how to delete the Amazon account you do not want to keep again.
Before your Close Amazon Account
Before you close your Amazon account reading the following carefully.
- Once your account is closed, it’s no longer accessible by you or anyone else. Keep in mind:
- You won’t have access to other websites using your Amazon.com log-in (Audible.com, certain international Amazon sites, etc.)
- You won’t have access to your account history (including credit card information, order history, etc.)
- Returns and refunds can’t be processed for orders on closed accounts (including textbook rentals)
How to Delete Amazon Account
To delete or close your Amazon account you need the help of Amazon customer representative to guide you. Here is an overview of the entire approach you need to follow.
- Sign in to your “Amazon account”.
- Click on the “help” tab in the navigation menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of “Browser Help Topics” and select “Need more help”.
- Click on “Contact Us” under “Need More help”.
- Click on “Prime or Something else”.
- Select “Login and Security” under “Tell us more”.
- You will be given options to contact Amazon. Only the live chat option is available as we speak. So, click on “Chat Recommended”.
Now, follow the instruction on the new tab to chat with Amazon representative and request for your account closure. The whole process will be dealt with within a few minutes and your Amazon account will be deleted.