How many online accounts have you created and how often do you delete them when you no longer need them? Here in this article, you will learn how to delete Hulu account to either end your Hulu free trial subscription or remove your Hulu account permanently from the service database.
If you delete your Hulu account while your subscription is still active you will lose access to the subscription. However, with an active Hulu subscription, Hulu will first force you to cancel your subscription before you will be granted access to permanently your delete Hulu account.
On the contrary, if you planned to come back to using the Hulu service anytime soon, it’s not advisable to delete your Hulu account to save you the stress of creating a new Hulu account.
However, there are two ways to delete your Hulu account. Using the Hulu account delete tab on the Hulu app or going through the delete process on the official Hulu website.
Therefore, in this guide, we will consider how to delete a Hulu account on mobile as well as on the official Hulu website.
How to Pause Hulu Subscription
You can take Saturn to pause your Hulu subscription over deleting it. When you pause your Hulu subscription you can always come back to reactivate it again. This means that you won’t need to create a new Hulu account to start either a new Hulu free trial or subscribe to a plan.
- Log in to your Hulu account.
- Tap profile icon >> manage account >> account and locate your active subscription.
- Find “Pause your Subscription” and select “Pause” next to it.
- Set the pause duration. You can set it up to 12 weeks.
- Select “Submit.”
Your Hulu subscription will be paused for the number of weeks selected.
How to Delete Hulu Account on Android
Here is how you can delete your Hulu account on the Hulu app on your [Android] smartphone.
- Launch the Hulu app on your Android phone and sign in to the Hulu account you want to delete.
- Select the owner or holder of the Hulu account you want to delete. Under the owners account you will see other accounts that have been added [depending on your subscription].
- Tap on “Account” located at the bottom right. A pop up will appear, select “Account” once again.
- Navigate to “Privacy and Settings.”
- In the expansion, select “Califonia Privacy Right.”
- You should see “Start Account Deletion.” Then, click on it.
- A warning page will appear with two options. The first is to delete my account now. This option deletes your Hulu account instantly. While the option to “delete my account later” pends your Hulu account deletion and delete the account at the end of the billing cycle.
- Next, select “Start Deletion.”
If you choose to delete now, the Hulu account will be deleted instantly and you will be redirected from the logged-in page to the Hulu homepage. The latter (delete account later) option will keep your Hulu account until the end of the billing cycle.
How to Delete Hulu Account Online
You just need to make sure you visit the Hulu website to delete your Hulu account. This can be on your phone browser or computer browser.
- Go to www.hulu.com and sign in to the Hulu account you will love to delete.
- Select the account profile to the top right, select “Manage Account” and then select “Account” all from the drop menu.
- Scroll down the page until you get to “Privacy and Settings” and select “California Privacy Settings.”
- Scroll down to “Right to Delete” and select “Start Deletion” in front of it.
- The “Start Account Deletion” warning message will appear. Take your time to read this or skip it if you don’t care but it’s advisable to take your time to read through.
- Choose between “Delete my account now” or “Delete Account Later.”
- Select “Start Deleteion.”
That is all you have to do to delete or remove your account from Hulu.
How to Remove Hulu Watch History
The feature to remove what you have watched on Hulu is hidden somewhere near the account deletion section. So, we will quickly run over it. Follow the procedures below to delete your watch history on Hulu.
- Go to “Privacy and Settings” under “Manage Account” in your Hulu account [Web or App].
- Navigate to “Manage Activity” and select “Watch History.”
- Select the “Clear Selected” tab.
This will remove all your watch history from your Hulu account across all devices.
This article shows the steps to delete Hulu account and remove or delete all search history from the account across all platform.