Cash App recently added a feature to their app that allows users to process checks through the app.
You might have probably heard about it, and you’ve come here to learn how to deposit a check on cash app. So, in this article, we will discuss how to deposit a check on cash app instead of walking into the banking hall to deposit your cash.
Well, the same case applies to other Cash App users, but one of the things that might seem a bit out of place is the fact that the feature is only available to select users.
Presently, these selected users will be able to take advantage of the mobile check capture to process their paper check for a deposit without having to leave their location.
This feature makes banking a whole lot easier. However, using the check feature comes with some stringent requirements, which you should not object to if you want your check deposit to be cleared on time.
Having said that, let’s break down what these requirements are before proceeding to how to deposit a check on the Cash App.
What are Cash App Check Requirements?
When you visit a bank with a check, there are usually a few things you might be asked about, along with some instructions on what you should write on the check in case there are errors on it
And after doing all these, you are either paid with the money on the check or have the money transferred to your bank account depending on your most preferred option.
Now, when it comes to processing your check using the Cash app, there are some requirements you have to follow that surround creating and processing the paper check.
I will be listing them below before proceeding to how to deposit a check on the Cash App.
- The paper check should be issued to you, the user whose name appears on your Cash App account, or jointly with an approved individual.
- The only currency the check can be made out to is USD, Since Cash App only works with US banking institutions, additionally, the funds in the check have to be in US dollars.
- The person issuing the check must sign it correctly.
- Also, the check needs to match or fall short of your deposit limit. (For every Cash App account, each check has a maximum of $3,500 with a total restriction of $7,500 each month, and the app will notify you how much you have left before you exceed your monthly limit.)
- The check has to be legitimate. Your check shouldn’t stay open for 90 days.
- The check should not have been deposited.
- The check should not have any changes.
- You should sign the check and write “Cash App Deposit” beneath your signature.
How to Deposit a Check on the Cash App
Now that you are readily aware of the cash app check requirement, get your paper check and fill it out while keeping the requirement in mind.
After doing that, proceed to deposit the check on the cash app.
- Start the Cash App (make sure you have an account set up).
- Tap the Balance icon in the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Find and choose the “Deposit a check” option. (If it is missing, you are not eligible.)
- Enter the amount of the check.
- Use your phone’s camera to photograph the front and back of the check, as advised.
- Kindly double-check the information on both sides of the checks.
- After that, click the “Submit” button.
Recommended: How to Put Money in Cash App at the ATM
Does Cash App Deposit Checks Instantly?
It depends, but for the most part, no. It is stated by Cash App that it will take 1-4 days for the cash to deposit your checks.
Here is a breakdown of how the days are counted;
if you submit before 4:00 pm the day will start counting on the day of submission. But, if you submit the check after 4:00 p.m. the first day will be the next business day.
Having said that there are a few things you need to watch out for after submitting your check
- Check that your submission was successful before exiting the app.
- Check that your Cash App account’s contact information is up-to-date.
- If there are any issues with your check deposit, Cash App customer care will contact you.
- Keep the original paper check in a secure place for at least two weeks.
- If Cash App does not notify you otherwise, you may discard the check after two weeks.
- Check your Cash App, email, and texts regularly. Watch for any alerts and wait for your check money to appear in your account.
- Please contact Cash App support if you have any questions or concerns about your deposit.
Deposit Cash with the App after Scanning a Check
One thing to keep in mind is to write the information clearly on the paper check. If your writing is illegible, the Cash app’s mobile check scanner may not correctly capture the written text.
You do not want something that could delay or end up causing a decline of the check you’ve submitted.
How to Use the Cash App to Deposit a Fake Check
One thing you should understand about this is that depositing a fake check has consequences.
You might pull through when the banks fund your account and your bank might not realize that you just deposited a counterfeit check, but when the other bank you are sending it to returns the check as unpaid, the check will bounce and the bank won’t be paid the amount on the check, leading to an issue with the check.
In most cases, you would be forced to pay the bank an overdraft fee, and in other cases, it could lead to jail time depending on which state you reside in.
Cash App Mobile Check Deposit Funds Availability
The check will be accessible to you in 1 to 4 business days after you process it using your Cash App program.
In certain cases, it may be quick, but owing to other external circumstances, it should not take more than four days.
Checks other than US Treasury checks, on the other hand, will be processed between 1 and 15 business days.
NB: If you are unaware, the day begins counting on the day the check was sent, as long as it was sent before 4 p.m.
Cash App Check Deposit Limit
The maximum for a single check at a time is $3,500, while the maximum for the entire month is $7,500.
As a result, the check you are going to write must be less than or equal to the deposit limit.
NB: Since you won’t be able to transfer more than this amount, you don’t need to worry as much about keeping track. The app will also let you know how much is remaining until you use up your monthly deposit limit.
How can I Cash a Check Online Instantly?
A check can be cashed in several ways online. An app is often available on banking platforms, and it can be utilized in most situations. However, if you are looking to do it online through an efficient platform on a browser, you should make use of PayPal.
Here are the procedures to cash a check online using PayPal.
- To use Paypal, you must first log in or sign up.
- On the dashboard, choose Wallet.
- Cashing checks (you will be asked for your location as well as permission to use the camera).
- If you do not already have a PayPal balance, you will be asked to get one.
- After inputting the check amount and photographing the front and back of your endorsed check with your mobile device, tap Next.
- Select how soon you want to receive your funds, and then click Confirm.
Since you know how to deposit a check on the Cash app, making use of the mobile check capture shouldn’t be an issue. However, if you are yet to access this feature on the Cash App, simply update your app and wait patiently as it will be rolled out to everyone.