Whether you’re an Android fan looking to switch up your music listening experience or an Apple fan looking for how to get Apple Music on Android smartphone; getting Apple Music on your Android smartphone is easy and here is how.
Apple Music is known to be an Apple app that can only be installed on iOS devices, but there is a native app on the Play Store called “Apple Music” that can also work on Android devices.
But then your Android device has to meet certain requirements for Apple Music to work on it.
Since you are here, I will be walking you through the quick and simple steps to get Apple Music on your Android phone. Starting from how to create an Apple account, download the app, and how to sign up for a subscription.
If you’ve not come across this app before, keep reading as I will be exploring how you can get the app, how to use it, and how to manage your music on Apple Music.
Recommended: How to change Apple ID
How to Get Apple Music on Android Smartphone
There are a few things you need to know before you can install Apple Music on your Android device. Firstly, you have to be using nothing less than Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Secondly, you need an Apple ID (you can use your existing Apple ID if you have one or create a new ID).
Last but not least, you should ensure that you are installing from a trusted source, e.g, Playstore.
Having said that, here is how to get Apple Music on Android.
- Launch the Play Store app on your Android device.
- Locate the Apple Music app. From the search results, select the Apple Music app.
- Tap Install on the app installation page. Your smartphone will be downloaded and installed with the app.
- Launch the Apple Music application.
- Review Apple Music’s Terms and Conditions and tap Continue.
- You should get a message that says, “Welcome to Apple Music.”
- Tap on Continue.
- If you’re a returning user, tap Sign in and enter your login information.
- Else, choose the subscription and press the “Start Trial” button.
- Or Choose the Paid subscription option and complete the payment procedure. Tap
- Complete the procedure by entering the essential information, such as email, password, and country.
- Enter your payment method and preferences.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and start enjoying Apple Music on Android.
How to Buy iTunes Music on Android
iTunes is not available on Android devices. Not only that but Android and Apple don’t appear to have a unified system for sharing files between their platforms.
However, Apple Music is available on the Android Playstore, but you may not be able to access iTunes music or Apple music unless you transfer it from your PC to your Android device.
Having said that, let’s delve into how you can access your iTunes music on your Android device.
How to Access iTunes on Android Phone Without a Computer
Here is the thing: you cannot transfer music from your iPhone or iTunes directly to your Android device.
In most cases, if you can send the files, they won’t play on your Android device. However, you can easily do so if you transfer it using a PC.
But, below, I will describe the simple steps to take to access iTunes on an Android phone without using a Computer.
- Make a new folder anywhere on your computer.
- By default, iTunes saves its music files as Music > iTunes > iTunes Media.
- Go to this folder and choose the tracks you want to send.
- Now, select one or more music files to transfer.
- Next, right-click on them, and then press Ctrl + C.
- Go to your newly created folder and right-click in the empty spot and select Paste Now or simply press Ctrl + v.
- Connect your Android smartphone to your computer through a USB wire.
- Select the option to change the USB setting to media transfer
- Go to the newly created folder where you put the iTunes music files.
- Select all of the music files you want to transfer to your Android device by right-clicking them and selecting Copy, or by pressing Ctrl + C.
- Now, navigate to the Music folder on your Android smartphone, right-click anywhere, and select Paste.
- The iTunes music files have now been uploaded to your Android smartphone.
Recommended: How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription
How to Use Apple Music on Android TV
Do you know that if you have Chromecast enabled and have Apple Music loaded on your Android smartphone, you can mirror your Apple Music app on an Android TV?
You might be linked to a Chromecast device, or your smart TV may have a built-in Chromecast device. In any case, here’s how to connect your Apple Music to your Android TV.
- To begin, connect your Android phone and Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Apple Music and listen to the preferred song.
- At the bottom, tap the Cast icon.
- Choose the Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
- Once linked, you should be able to see the screen reflected on your TV.
Apple Music Android Apk
If you want to install your Apple Music on your Android app, you should be wary of installing it from an “untrusted source.”
Instead of going to Google to search the Apple Music MOD, you can simply open your Play Store app and search for “Apple Music.”
Once you see it, tap on download to install it on your Android device.
NB: you need to be running on Andriod 5.0 Lolipop to install Apple Music
Apple Music App for Android
Apple Music for Android is one of the new ways Android users can enjoy an iOS app without switching their operating system.
Follow the steps below to get it on your Android device:
- Launch your Play Store app.
- Go to the search bar and type in “Apple Music.”
- Locate and click on “Apple Music.”
- Tap on “install.”
- Once the app is installed, launch it and create an Apple ID and a password.
iTunes for Android Apk
iTunes is not available for Android yet. You can only access iTunes from your iOS device, but if you have some iTunes music that you want to access on your Android device, all you have to do is use your PC to transfer it to your Android device.
The reason for this is that you cannot send your music files from your iOS device to your Android device due to how the ecosystems of these OS are being structured.
Apple Music Android issues
If you are having issues with Apple Music after installing it on your Android device, verify if your Android device is running on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher. If it is higher, here is what you should do to troubleshoot it.
- Navigate to Settings and erase the Apple Music app cache.
- Remove and reinstall the Apple Music app.
- Ensure that the Apple Music app has been updated to the most recent version.
- Restart your Android phone before attempting to use the app.
Since you’ve figured out how to get Apple Music on Android smartphones and tablets, you can now take your favourite music wherever you go. Whether you’re a seasoned Apple Music user or just starting.
So get the app, sign up, and start streaming your favourite music today!