Do you know that you can now edit a tweet on Twitter in case there’s a typographical error or you tweeted information that wasn’t confirmed before posting and it’s causing a lot of controversies? Well, this article will show you how to edit a tweet without any hassle.
It’s not a big issue to make a typo when posting on social media platforms. This may as well occur while you are creating and sending a tweet.
The majority of social media platforms like Facebook, allow users to edit their postings to fix the problem, unlike Twitter which makes it impossible to edit a tweet once it has been tweeted as of 2023 [April].
Is it possible to edit a tweet on Twitter as well? The answer is ‘No.’ Does this mean you can’t edit Tweets after they have been posted? Well, you can edit a tweet on Twitter Blue but with a price.
However, keep in mind that you can only edit tweets up to five times, and only within 30 minutes of posting. Moreover, not all tweets can be edited.
How to Write a Tweet without making Errors
It’s time to learn how to avoid errors in the future after learning how to edit Tweets that have already been sent. Take a close look at the Tweet before posting it online as the first and most important step. Here are some more tips for avoiding social media embarrassment:
Proofread and Spellcheck: Always spellcheck and proofread any text you send on this social media platform. You and your business are represented by the content you put here. Therefore, a quick inspection of your Tweets will only spare you from embarrassment.
Check the Sources Before Posting: Before posting any fact or news on your social media handle, ensure that you check the sources and determine their legitimacy. Don’t post anything that lacks verifiable proof.
Before publishing the Tweet, give it some thought: If you are going to post something sensitive online, make sure your words are suitable and won’t offend anyone.
Several tweets cannot be changed despite being standard. They are as follows:
- Tweets that have been sent more than 30 minutes ago.
- Tweets are sent from a different device apart from the one you are editing on.
How to Edit a Tweet on a Desktop
Follow the detailed steps below on how to edit a Tweet on Twitter via a desktop:
- Launch the official Twitter website on your computer and create or sign in to an account.
- In the Menu bar to the left of the Home screen, select the Profile option.
- To edit a Tweet, click on it.
- Drag the mouse across the text to select the Tweet.
- Do right-click on the mouse to select copy or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + C to copy the text to the clipboard.
- You will be directed back to your Twitter profile page once you delete the current Tweet.
- To access the Home screen, select the Home option from the side menu bar.
- Then navigate to “What’s Happening.”
- To paste the original Tweet, use Ctrl + V or the right-click menu to select Paste on the blank space.
- Edit the text, then tap on Tweet.
That’s it about how to edit a tweet on a Desktop!
How to Edit a Tweet on Android or iOS
To edit a Tweet that has already been published on Twitter, follow these simple steps below:
- Log into your account by opening the official Twitter app on an iPhone or an Android device.
- Choose Profile by tapping on the three bars in the top left corner of the Home screen.
- To edit a Tweet, click on it.
- To copy the content to the clipboard, long-press on the Tweet.
- Choose “Delete Tweet” by tapping the three dots in the top right corner, and then tap Yes.
- To return to the Twitter Home screen on your smartphone, use the back button.
- Paste the original Tweet on the blank screen after tapping on the Tweet button.
- Edit the text, then tap on Tweet to send the edited Tweet.
This is how to edit a Tweet using an Android or an iOS device.
How to Edit a Tweet on Twitter Blue
There are times when you wish you could change what you originally typed out, whether you sent a tweet with a spelling error or used the incorrect hashtag. Fortunately, the Twitter edit button is now available.
There are several features included with Twitter Blue. The edit feature might be enough to justify the price for those whose thumbs move more quickly than their eyes. It does have a tag, and you will have to delete tweets like everyone else after 30 minutes. Nonetheless, the option to edit tweets is undoubtedly useful.
It requires 5 minutes to edit a tweet and you need the following tools; a PC or smartphone, a Twitter webpage or app, Active and approved Twitter Blue subscription. Follow the steps below to edit a tweet on Twitter Blue:
- Search for the particular tweet you want to edit.
- Choose “Edit Tweet” by clicking on the three dots in the tweet’s upper right corner.
- Accept the “Heads up” notice from Twitter (read the rules for using the edit functionality and click “Got it” if you are happy to continue).
- Whenever you are satisfied with your modifications, click the blue “Update” button at the bottom of your tweet.
- Wait for Twitter’s confirmation of your edits.
- The button that reads “Your Tweet has been changed” will now appear on Twitter.
The steps are the same for both the desktop and the smartphone versions of the process that has been tested.
What is the Cost of Editing a Tweet?
Unfortunately, there is no free way to edit tweets on Twitter. You must subscribe to Twitter Blue, a premium subscription that includes a blue tick as well as other perks like bookmark folders for organizing saved tweets, a top articles section, the ability to customize the colour of your interface, and many more.
Twitter Blue has a web subscription price of $8 (or £6.4) per month and a mobile subscription price of $11 (or £8.8 per month). When the edit button was originally launched, only a few countries and mobile devices supported it. It is now available worldwide and can be used in web browsers as well as iOS and Android apps.
However, you may have to wait up to seven days for a team member to verify your account. As a result, if you have just posted something, this isn’t a quick fix.
Can others tell if you have Edited a Tweet?
Yes. Underneath the tweet, you will see a blue-highlighted link that says ‘Last edited,’ followed by the time and date. If a user clicks on this, the various versions of your tweet will be displayed.
As a result, if you don’t want people to see your previous tweet, simply delete it and create a new one.
Is it Possible to Unsend a Tweet?
If you send a tweet and then quickly change your mind, Twitter Blue gives you 30 seconds to click the “undo” button. In the Twitter Blue settings, you may change this to 5, 10, 20, or 60 seconds or turn it off totally.
How to Delete a Tweet
If you make a mistake or decide you no longer want a tweet to appear in your feed, you can instantly delete it. This is how to go about it below:
- Enter your Twitter username and password, then click Profile.
- Choose the tweet you wish to remove and click on the right-pointing arrow to show a drop-down option.
- Choose Delete.
- Click Delete one more time for confirmation.
That’s it! You have successfully deleted a tweet on Twitter.
How to Post a Corrected Tweet
Posting a revised tweet entails copying and pasting the previous tweet, and then making all necessary changes before retweeting it. Here’s how to go about it below:
- Sign in to your Twitter account and go to Settings >> Profile.
- To delete a tweet, select it and open it in a new window.
- Highlight and copy the tweet’s content.
- To delete a tweet, simply follow the steps outlined above.
- Copy and paste the copied text into a new tweet.
- Make any necessary changes or corrections.
- Finally, click on the Tweet button to post the updated tweet.
That’s it! This is how to post a revised tweet on Twitter.
This article has provided all the necessary details on how to edit a tweet on Twitter. Feel free to drop in your comment below if you were able to successfully edit your tweets.