Be ahead and learn how to easily make reels on Instagram and stay ahead of other users as the feature is still new, and no every knows this.
Introducing Instagram Reels – a new way to record 15-second clips of music on Instagram.
If this concept sounds a little familiar to you, you’re right. Almost everyone compares Instagram Reels to TikTok!
What Are Instagram Reels And How Can You Use Them In Your Marketing Strategy? Find out everything you need to know in our ultimate guide to Instagram Reels.
With Reels, Instagram is likely targeting TikTok users or those looking to create short videos. India is one of the few markets to have Instagram Reels capabilities.
Instagram Reels is now officially available to users in India. Previously, the Reel function was only available for specific users. Facebook is strategically bringing Instagram Reels to India as users look for an excellent TikTok alternative. With Reels, Instagram is likely targeting TikTok users or those looking to create short videos. India is one of the few markets to have Instagram Reels capabilities.
Now that Instagram has made its highly anticipated Reels feature available in over 50 countries, including the US. Reels are ready to hit the market created by TikTok, a social media app for creating and sharing short videos. This article will walk you through how to make your first Reel video and how to make yourself a Master Reeler (no, that’s not a word).
Here’s how to make short TikTok-style videos using Instagram Reels and follow some tips.
What are Instagram Reels?
Instagram Reels, the Instagram version of the popular TikTok (and other new tools like Byte and Triller), is a brand new format on Instagram that allows you to record and edit multiple 15-second videos of popular songs.
Instead of creating a separate app for the reels like with IGTV, Instagram has integrated the new format into the main app – you can create, share, and view Instagram reels on Instagram!
When it comes to sharing, you can post Reels on your feed (your Reel will be shown in your primary profile grid). If you have a public account, you can make it available to the broader Instagram community via a new space on the Reels Browse page.
According to Instagram, “The Reels on Explore offer everyone the opportunity to become an Instagram creator and reach new audiences on the global stage.”
And as we wrote in our final guide, while the reel algorithm doesn’t look crashed yet, it seems a lot like TikTok’s For You page and is likely to be affected by who you follow and what content you interact with and where are you located.
This means that even people who don’t follow you can see your Reels and interact with them. This is a great interaction tip and an excellent opportunity to grow your subscribers.
Currently, Instagram reels are only available to users in certain countries, including France, Germany, Brazil, and, most recently, the US! We will keep you updated as more countries access this feature.
First, let’s see how to create/upload your first Instagram reels in just a few steps:
- How to Cancel Acorn TV Subscription
- How to Cancel Hellofresh
- How to Cancel an Upload on Instagram
- How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium
- How to Cancel Your Microsoft Office 365 Subscription
- How to Cancel Showtime Subscription
- How to cancel HBO in less than a minute
- How to Cancel TalkTalk Broadband
- How to Cancel Anytime Gym Fitness Membership
- How to Cancel Envy Massage Membership
- How to Cancel Planet Fitness Membership
- How to Cancel Acorn TV on Roku
- How to Cancel Dazn Subscription
- How to Cancel Audible Membership Account
- How to cancel Amazon Music Subscriptions
- How to Cancel People’s Postcode Lottery
- How to Cancel Denplan Membership And Pause Your Subscriptions
- How To Cancel Nuffield Health Membership And Freeze Subscriptions
- How To Cancel Beer52 Subscription & Postpone Deliveries
- How To Cancel Vimeo Subscription and Account
- How To Cancel The National Lottery Account Or Purchased Tickets Easily
- How To Cancel ProBiller Subscription: A Quick Guide
- How To Cancel NOW TV Subscription [A Step-By-Step Guide]
- How To Cancel Tesco Mobile Contract: A Quick Guide
- How To Cancel BT Sport Subscription: A Quick Guide
- How To Cancel SimplyCook Subscription and Postpone Deliveries
- How To Cancel Amazon Order
- How To Cancel MBNA Credit Card Account
- How To Cancel ESPN Plus Subscription [A Quick Guide]
How do I Make an Instagram Reels Video?
The Reels come with a variety of customization options in the form of stickers, filters, music, and more. You can record your own video or upload a video from your gallery to create a Reel. The new Reel function can be accessed on Instagram as a camera mode, similar to Boomerang and Superzoom. Follow this simple guide to make a video on rolls.
Start the Reels function.
First, you need to locate the function.
- Launch the Instagram app and swipe right to access your camera screen. You can also tap the History button in the top left corner.
- Now select the “Reels” tab in the lower area.
Adjust the Playback Speed
If you want to create exciting content, you can play around with the speed of your video. You can use this setting to speed up or slow down the playback. You can only adjust this setting before saving your video so that you cannot use it on videos downloaded from your gallery.
- To adjust the speed of your reading, press the speed button on the left and select the speed you want. .5 and .3 will slow down your video, while 2x and 3x will speed it up.
- To record at average speed, just leave the setting at 1x.
You can set a timer for the duration of the reel video. This way, you can stop the video automatically without having to touch the record button. The rollers allow you to record for up to 15 seconds.
- To set the length of your video, press the timer button in the left pane and use the sliders to set the shutdown time.
Note: adding a timer will automatically add a 3-second countdown to your video.
Reels has its own music library that you can choose from and add to your video. Of course, you can also use your original sound instead. You can add music before or after you record a video. If you’re recording a dance sequence, it makes more sense to add music before recording your clip.
Tap the music icon in the left pane to add music to your Reels video. This will open the Instagram music library. You can use the search bar above to find your favorite song.
Touch the song to bring up the editor. You can now set the part of the song that you want to use. Move the cursor until the letter matches what you want perfectly. Tap Done to add audio.
Note: If you used the speed setting while recording audio, you would notice a change in the playback speed of the song. As you speed up the video, you will find that the music slows down as you record. But no worry. During playback, your music is at normal speed (1x) while your video is sped up.
Add an effect
That’s the best part. Instagram has a ton of filters and effects. Plus, the list is literally endless as it has opened its doors to the user-created impacts.
- To add an effect to your reel video, tap the Effects button in the left panel, and scroll to your favorite.
- You can browse all user-created effects by scrolling down and selecting “Browse Effects.”
Create your content
Reels allow you to record your own video or upload a video from your gallery. You also have the option to mix and match the recorded videos and the videos in your gallery.
- To download a video from your gallery, slide your finger up, and select the video. You can also tap the Gallery button in the lower-left corner.
To record a new video, just tap the record button below. You can record multiple clips as long as they do not exceed the 15-second limit.
Note: If you used the speed setting while recording, just record your video as usual. The application then automatically slows it down.