If you just bought your Indy Evo wireless earbuds and would like to know how to pair Indy Evo earbuds here is an article we put together for you. We are here to guide you on how to pair your new Indy Evo earbuds and how to resolve pairing issues with your wireless earbuds.
Before you can pair your Indy Evo earbuds, you have to ensure your earbud is turned on and in pairing mode, or else it may fail to connect to your Bluetooth device.
Following the steps below will help you to pair your Indy Evo earbuds with any Bluetooth-enabled devices.
How To Pair Indy Evo Earbuds
Follow these steps to guide you on how to pair Indy Evo earbuds:
- Place earbuds in the charging case, ensure the LEDs turn red, and then close the charging case.
- Remove your earbuds from the charging case.
- Your earbuds will turn on and will be put into pairing mode.
- Now turn on the Bluetooth of your device and select your Indy earbuds from the list of Bluetooth devices.
Indy Evo Earbuds Not Pairing Together
If your Indy Evo earbuds are not pairing together, then you are having issues with the wireless audio of your device which prevents your earbuds from connecting to another device.
Below are steps to consider to help resolve the pairing issues If you can’t get Indy to pair to your phone or your earbuds are having trouble connecting to one another.
- Place your Indy earbuds in the charging case.
- Remove Indy from the paired list of the device you want to connect.
- Turn off Bluetooth on the device you want to connect with eg phone, computer, tablet, etc.
- Touch and hold the main button on the left and right buds for 10 seconds to completely reset them or tap the center of the earbud 4 times. This will automatically power off and on your earbuds.
- Place buds back in the charging case till the light on the earbud show red.
- Now remove earbuds from the charging case as both earbuds should automatically power on and the light will flash blue while it pairs with each other.
- When the buds pair successfully together, the Light on the left bud will display blue and red. And you will also hear a voice prompt to notify you that your Indy is “pairing” which indicates it’s searching for your phone or device.
- Now go to your device’s Bluetooth settings and turn on Bluetooth, then re-pair to Indy.
Indy Evo Only One Pairing
Your Indy Evo earbuds support what is referred to as Mono Mode and it refers to the use of one earbud. Your right bud is the Primary bud and only the right Indy earbud can be used in Mono Mode.
When your Earbud is in Mono Mode, the right Indy earbud will be maintained and you will lose the functionality of the left earbud such as turning Volume down and tracking backwards.
If you want to use Mono Mode:
- Remove your Indy earbuds from their charging case and connect both earbuds to your device.
- Now place the left bud into the charging case.
- The right bud will remain paired and would function for both phone calls and music.
- Remove the right earbud from the case whenever you want to use Mono mode any other time.
If you want to exit Mono Mode and you would like to use both earbuds:
- Put the right earbud back in the case.
- Close the lid
- Then remove both the left and right earbuds together.
- You’ll hear a single Beep to indicate that both earbuds are paired and connected to your phone. All media functionality would now be restored.
How to Pair Indy Evo With iPhone
Place your Indy earbuds in the charging case and the light will turn red. Remove your earbuds from the charging case. The left earbud would begin to flash red and Blue light to show your device is in pairing mode.
- On your iPhone, navigate to settings. Find and select Bluetooth settings.
- Toggle on the Bluetooth button on your device and select Indy Evo from the list of available Bluetooth devices.
- Accept any pair or ok prompts. Your earbuds will connect to your iPhone and they are ready to use.
How to Reset Skullcandy Indy Evo
Follow these steps to reset your Skullcandy Indy Evo:
- Before you proceed with resetting your Indy earbuds, got to your device, open Bluetooth settings, remove Indy Evo from the list of paired devices and turn off Bluetooth.
- Tap the touch sensor on the left and right earbuds 3 times. Then press and hold for 2 seconds.
- The left and right earbuds will flash Red 2 times and Blue 2 times, you will hear a tone to indicate that the reset was successful and your earbuds will enter back into pairing mode.
Indy Evo Right Earbud Flashing Blue
The flashing blue light on your Evo earbuds indicates it is in sync mode. When both left and right earbuds are synching to each other, the buds will flash a blue light and you will hear a tone that indicates they have synched together successfully.
Why Are my Skullcandy Indy Evo Earbuds Not Pairing Together?
Wireless pairing issues are the main reason why your Skullcandy Indy Evo earbuds are not pairing together.
To resolve pairing issues follow these steps:
Power off both earbuds and hold both buds for about 20 seconds to reset your earbuds. Synch the buds by placing them in the case until the LEDs display red, then remove the earbuds from the case. Both buds will flash blue lights while syncing together and you will hear a tone that indicates that both buds have successfully synched together. The left bud will now start to flash a red/blue light.
Now go to your device Bluetooth settings, and select Indy Evo in the list of available Bluetooth devices. If you have an android device click on pair new device and select Indy Evo to pair your earbuds to your device.
You will have to select all “pair and OK’ prompts that may appear on your screen. You would hear a voice prompt that will notify you are connected and Indy will be displayed on your paired devices lists.
How do You Resync Indy Evo Earbuds?
Follow these steps on how to resynch your Indy Evo earbuds:
Place your earbuds in the charging case until both LEDs display red, and then remove both buds. The buds will power on and the LEDs will flash blue while the buds sync together. Once the sync was successful, you will hear a tone and the left bud will start to flash red/blue.
Why Won’t my Skullcandy Earbuds Connect to Each Other?
If you are facing difficulty on how to pair Indy Evo earbuds together and it won’t connect, this could be due to various reasons.
You may have placed your earbuds far from your device. Therefore it is a good practice to place your Bluetooth devices during connection to avoid interference.
Another thing to take note of is placing your Indy Evo earbuds in pairing mode. If your device is not in pairing mode, another Bluetooth device won’t be able to find it
How do I Reset my Skullcandy Indy Evo?
If you are facing difficulty on how to pair indy evo earbuds together, resetting your earbuds can help to fix this issue.
Follow these steps to power off your Skullcandy Indy Evo:
- Remove your earbuds from the charging case.
- Touch and hold both buds for 6 seconds to power off your earbuds.
- Power off your earbuds by holding and pressing both buds for 6 seconds.
- Now touch and press both earbuds for 10 seconds to reset your earbuds.