In discussing how to reset your LG Smart TV, it is necessary to observe the fact that TVs have evolved over the years, from the black and white editions that dominated the early 1990s to colour TVs. Then, HD to razor-sharp 4K, bulky screen to flatscreen and LED to OLED. The most recent one being the standard conventional TV to internet-connected smart TVs.
Speaking of Smart TVs, this article will be considering how to reset an LG Smart TV. The article will touch on how you can set up your LG Smart TV, components of an LG TV and so much more. But before we delve into those terrains, let’s first have an understanding of a Smart TV.
A Smart TV is an internet-enabled TV that connects to your home Wi-Fi and they are the latest invention to happen in the history of televisions. Asides being internet enabled, smart TVs also boast built-in apps for some of the biggest content providers, which means you can stream contents without needing a separate device.
Many smart TVs, just like your smartphones or laptops are compatible with other connected devices in the home, as they can go beyond entertainment. Smart TVs have functionality that extends to education, productivity, home automation, fitness and even mental health.
They are also best smart lights, best smart locks and other sensors, and some TVs even include a dedicated dashboard for controlling all of the devices in your connected home. Due to all of the functions the smart TV is capable of providing, it is always necessary to reset your LG Smart TV regularly for the following reasons;
- Apps runs even smoother and faster than before when you reset your LG Smart TV.
- Resetting your Smart TV, fixes bugs and errors on the TV.
- Removes unused temporary files in bulk.
- Prevents the chance of data crash on TV.
- Clears network issues.
- Frees up some space on the storage.
- Avoid malfunctioning.
- Improves stability.
How To Set Up LG Smart TV
For there to be a need to reset your LG Smart TV, that means you would have had it set up and working already. So this segment will take you through how you can successfully set up your LG TV.
First things first, your TV should come with;
- A remote control
- The Television itself
- Connector cables (HDMI, coax, ethernet).
- Few written documents(Manuals). These are the items that will come in your TV box, but to be able to set up, you will need to have an internet connection and a LG user account.
With those things ready, you are good to go. So, start by;
1. Connecting the Cables
- First things first, you have to connect all the cables on the television. The cables including HDMI, coax, and ethernet (wired connection only) as these are the basic connection that is needed to turn on the TV.
- Plugin the power cable into the power cord.
- If you have a cable box then use an HDMI cable to connect to TV. You want to ensure that every cable is connected to the correct port.
- After that, turn on the TV by turning on the power switch from the wall outlet. Then, press the power button on the remote.
2. Find The OK Button on the Remote
- The first thing to do when the TV is powered on is to click the OK button on screen by depressing the clickable wheel (you’ll hear a voice prompt to do so, as well). This automatically pairs the remote with the TV.
3. Personalize Your TV
- Next, you’ll have to choose your location, what language you want to use, and the time zone you’re in. It needs this data to create automatic program guides later.
4. Connect Devices
- Next, you’ll be asked to connect devices. If you plug in and turn on devices like a Roku box, Apple TV or game console like the PlayStation 4, the TV will automatically recognize the proper inputs later in the setup process.
5. Connecting Online
- This is one of the most crucial parts because you will need the internet connection, to update software, add apps, and connect to streaming services like Netflix and YouTube.
- You will be presented with a list of the available networks it sees.
- Simply select your preferred Wi-Fi network from the list and enter a password when prompted to do so.
6. TV Source
Here, LG smart TV scans and detects all the connections.
- Choose any medium that you use to watch Tv. Generally, It has antenna, satellite, and cable options. Select next to move on another page.
7. Scan for Channels
- This depends on which source you chose to watch the TV.
- Select Start to initiate the scan. It will take few minutes to complete the scan.
- Check all the channels and then if the scan result is satisfactory to you then close.
With that, your smart TV is successfully set up. Now, let’s consider how to reset LG smart TV
How To Reset your LG Smart TV
With your TV set up and running, there can now be need to reset your LG smart TV. So to reset your LG Smart TV, follow these guidelines;
- Power on your LG Smart TV, you can do this by either pressing the Power button on the remote control or on the TV itself.
- Using your TV remote, press the Home button to open the launcher.
- Navigate to Settings (located at the top right corner on the screen).
- Select All Settings from the down left corner.
- Select the General, and then choose Reset to Initial Settings.
- Now, enter the security key.
The security for LG webOS is usually 0000 0r 1234, depending on the model.
After that, your TV will restart, which means you have been able to successfully reset your LG Smart TV.
Resetting comes in handy when you need to fix an issue with your device and same goes for your LG TV. So, whenever you observe a malfunction in your TV, try to reset your LG Smart TV first and see if the issue gets corrected. If it does not, you can now find other solutions but often times, a reset fixes the issue.