Are you having issues with your newly purchased Oculus Quest 2 device, even after trying the necessary troubleshooting steps and it still won’t work? Then this article is for you, read on to learn how you can reset Oculus Quest 2 and turn your device to new here.
The Oculus Quest 2 is a solid virtual reality (VR) headset invented by Facebook Technologies. The Oculus Quest 2 is also known as the Meta Quest 2 since Facebook Inc. has changed its platforms to Meta. The headset has too many experiences to offer inside.
Although the VR headset works excellently well and gives the user an enjoyable experience. However, if you are encountering any issues or errors with your Oculus Quest 2, you might need to perform a factory reset. Well, read on to learn how you can reset Oculus Quest 2 VR headset without any hassle in this post.
There are two ways to reset Oculus Quest 2, which are: from the phone app or the headset, that is without the phone app. Once you can successfully reset Oculus Quest 2, your VR headset will be in the same state as when you just bought it newly.
Although, all of your data will be gone, including your account data, games, screenshots, video clips, and game saves after the reset.
Ensure to allow your Quest to synchronize with your online account before you reset it if possible. But if you don’t, that information will be lost forever.
In case you don’t have time to sync photos or videos, you can easily connect your Quest 2 to a PC via a USB-C cable. In the VR headset, you will be prompted to very data access from the computer.
Once you approve it, the Quest 2 will be displayed as a drive-in File Explorer. Now, you can back up your information to a specific location of your choice. Read on to reset Oculus Quest 2 below.
Reasons to Reset Oculus Quest 2
You don’t just want to reset Oculus Quest 2 without a tangible reason. There are various reasons why you might need to reset your VR headset, these reasons include the below:
- When you are selling/giving away the Quest 2
- The Quest 2 Is encountering errors
- You have too many applications installed
Now, we will explain in detail how you may want to reset your Quest 2 devices.
When you are Selling/Giving Away the Quest 2
Do you want to sell your Oculus Quest 2 to another user, then a reset is recommended just before you give it out. By resetting the device, know that all your data will be wiped from the headset.
Also, this means the new owner will be getting the headset in a brand new-like state.
The Quest 2 Is Encountering Errors
Is your Oculus Quest 2 giving you different issues or errors while using it daily? Then, it implies an app or game has been corrupted and is causing different problems.
If removing the problematic application doesn’t fix the errors, then you need to reset Oculus Quest 2 headset to clear it up.
You Have Too Many Applications Installed
Are you the type of user that installs too many applications or games on their smartphone? Well, it can be frustrating or you might be feeling lazy to delete them all one by one.
However, for the ones who wouldn’t mind clearing out their Quest 2 in an instant, resetting is an option they can check out. Note that this process will also remove all the saved data and game preferences.
How to Restart Oculus Quest 2
In case you only want to restart your Oculus Quest, you don’t want to delete everything and start from scratch.
Then, the soft restart option is accessible from the headset’s power menu, and selecting it causes the Oculus Quest or Quest 2 to power down and start again. It can often reboot the device and fix a lot of malfunctions and issues without removing your data.
Below is how to restart Oculus Quest and Oculus Quest 2, try it:
- Put the headset on and grab either controller.
- Long-press on the power button on the right side of the Quest 2 headset for a second.
- The Power Menu will appear.
- With the aid of your controller, glide over and click on the Restart button.
- A power off/restarting message will be displayed, after which the Oculus Quest or Quest 2 will power down and restart.
Your Oculus Quest 2 will now reboot and return to the main menu in a few minutes. This might help resolve any issue you might be having.
How to Reset Oculus Quest 2 With the Phone App
Do you have the Oculus mobile app for iPhone or Android installed on your smartphone? Then all you need to do is log in, and your Quest 2 will be listed among the registered devices in the app, then you can easily perform a factory reset.
This is the easiest way to reset Oculus Quest 2 headset. But in case your headset is having issues, it won’t always work. However, if your Quest is paired to the phone app, you can always use it to initiate a factory reset followin the steps below:
- Ensure your Quest is charged first, then open the Oculus app on your smartphone (In case you don’t have the app installed on your phone, go to App Store or Play Store to download the Oculus app).
- Click the “Menu” button to get started.
- Tap on Devices to locate your headset.
- Click on the Oculus Quest headset that you want to reset.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Click on Factory Reset in this menu.
- Finally, confirm your choice by clicking RESET on the confirmation message that is displayed.
Now, wait for a few seconds to allow your headset to go back to factory settings. However, this process will also help remove all errors and free up the Quest 2 storage so you can enjoy and have a fresh experience.
How to Reset Oculus Quest 2 without Phone App
In case your Quest 2 is not connecting to the Oculus app or you don’t have access to the app, then this method allows you to proceed using your headset buttons only. You can only use this method if you want to reset Oculus Quest 2 without a phone. Follow the steps below to reset Oculus Quest 2 without a Phone App:
- Ensure your Quest is charged and turn off your VR headset.
- Put the VR headset on.
- Long-press on the power and volume (-)buttons on your headset for 5 seconds altogether till the boot screen loads.
- Make use of the volume buttons to choose factory reset and tab the power button to confirm.
- Use the volume buttons to highlight, select Yes, erase and factory reset then tap the power button again to confirm your selection.
- After the above step has been completed, you will have to set up your headset in advance if you will be using the headset again.
I want to be sure this article helped you reset Oculus Quest 2 easily without stressing you. However, let us know if this post helped solve your issue by dropping your reviews in the comment section below. Thank you for reading thus far.