When it comes to the most used headphones, we will be talking about wireless/Bluetooth headphones and wired headphones. Overtime, Bluetooth has evolved to the extent that we now have earbuds and AirPods for iOS devices.
However, if you have developed a passion for headphones over time, it would be heartbreaking going out without your headphones just because the headphone is not working properly without physical damage.
So, we will consider how to reset Bluetooth headphones in this article, and it will cover all types of Bluetooth headphones brands.
Resetting your headphones could be a bit difficult because you’d need to reconfigure the Bluetooth headphones again if you don’t want to leave them and use them with the default configuration such as the headphones name, etc.
It is worth noting that after resetting your Bluetooth headphones, they’ll be unpaired from all paired devices. Therefore, you’d need to connect or pair the Bluetooth headphones to your smart and streaming device with Bluetooth function for it to work.
Note: You can get a Bluetooth headphones replacement from a nearby retail store or online shopping stores such as Amazon and the rest of them.
But before then, resetting the Bluetooth headphones can help resolve the problem.
Therefore, we will admonish you to reset your Bluetooth headphones before buying a new one to see whether there is a way to fix the Bluetooth headphones not working.
However, before we proceed with how to reset Bluetooth headphones, below are the reasons why you may want to reset your Bluetooth headphones.
What is Bluetooth Headphones Reset?
Bluetooth headphones reset clear or delete all your configurations from your headphones, such as name modifications, paired and connected devices, and return your headphones to the factory configurations.
In most cases, when you reset Bluetooth headphones, it removes all paired devices and prompts you to set up your Bluetooth headphones when next you want to use them.
Therefore, before you choose to hit the reset button on your Bluetooth headphones, ensure there is a need to do so, as this will delete paired devices from connecting to your Bluetooth headphones automatically.
Why do you need to Reset your Bluetooth Headphones?
Resetting a device serves as a handy way to fix some internal problems with your device. If your Bluetooth headphones aren’t physically damaged, then upgrading the Bluetooth headphones to the latest firmware OS and resetting the headphone to default or factory settings could be all you need.
Therefore, before we proceed with how to reset your Bluetooth headphones, below are some of the reasons why you may want to consider resetting as your last solution.
- If your Bluetooth headphones won’t turn on, you may consider resetting them.
- If your Bluetooth headphones turn on but do not connect to your [Android or iPhone] phone, resetting the Bluetooth could be the only lifeline you have left.
- You are unable to pair your Bluetooth headphones and smartphones.
- Your smartphone can’t discover your Bluetooth headphones.
- If your phone won’t connect to your Bluetooth headphones after pairing.
- If your Bluetooth headphones keep disconnecting after connecting to your smartphone successfully.
- If your video voice is delayed, you can choose to reset your Bluetooth headphones.
- In the same scene, if you are experiencing static voice, you can also reset your wireless Bluetooth.
If you have some other reasons not listed here could also be the reason why you want to reset your Bluetooth headphones. So, whatever difficulties you are having with your Bluetooth headphones, if it’s not a hardware problem, resetting the Bluetooth headphone could be the solution you are looking for.
As we earlier said, we will consider how to reset Bluetooth headphones in this article and cover a list of headphones you probably owned.
How to Reset Bluetooth Headphones [Brands]
Counting by numbers, you will discover that there are over 10 different Bluetooth headphones from different companies with different functions and the steps to take to reset them.
Therefore, below are a list of all the Bluetooth headphones you will get to know how to reset to the default or factory settings in this article.
- Bose Bluetooth headphones
- Beats Bluetooth headphones
- Sony Bluetooth headphones
- JBL Bluetooth headphones
- Mpow Bluetooth headphones
- Skullcandy Bluetooth headphones
- TaoTronics Bluetooth headphones
- LG Bluetooth headphones
- Bluedio Bluetooth headphones
- Jabra Bluetooth headphones
- Portronics Bluetooth headphones
- JVC Bluetooth headphones
- ONN Bluetooth headphones
- Blackweb Bluetooth Headphones
So, here you will learn how to reset these a-list Bluetooth headphones to the default settings or factory settings.
Now, let’s dive into how to reset Bluetooth headphones based on their names, as we mentioned above.
How to Reset Blackweb Bluetooth Headphones
Follow the steps below to unpair and reset your Blackweb Bluetooth headphones.
- Unpair your Blackweb Bluetooth headphones from an active device.
- Turn off the headphones by pressing and holding the power button.
- Press and hold the power button once again for about 5 seconds.
- Let go of the power button once an alternating blue and red light come up.
- The Blackweb Bluetooth headphones will be reset.
The steps above will wipe all personal configuration on your Blackweb Bluetooth headphones and restore the settings to new.
How to Reset ONN Bluetooth Headphones
If you choose to reset your ONN Bluetooth headphones to the default or factory settings, the steps below can be of help.
- Turn off your ONN Bluetooth headphones.
- Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, you should notice the ONN headphones reset light alternating in red and blue.
Some ONN Bluetooth headphones won’t reset following the steps above, but using a combination of keys can help resolve the ONN Bluetooth headphones won’t reset.
How to Reset JVC Bluetooth Headphones
The steps below explain how to reset your JVC Bluetooth headphones to the default settings.
- Turn off your JVC Bluetooth headphones if it’s turned on.
- Press and hold the L and R earphone button for 20 seconds.
- In the first 10 seconds, the JVC L and R headphone indicator light will flash white three times.
- In the other 10 seconds, the indicator light will flash three times with a white indication. Then release the finger to complete the JVC L, and R Bluetooth headphones reset.
Once both headphones have been reset, the headphone will return to their default settings.
How to Reset Portronics Bluetooth headphones
Below are the steps to take to reset your Portronics Bluetooth headphones.
- Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds.
- After 3 seconds, the Portronics Bluetooth headphones will flash blue three times.
- Go to the paired device and delete the headphones from the list.
- Restart your phone.
Now, the Portronics headphones will be removed and unpair from your device. At the same time, the headphones’ name will change to the default.
How to Reset Jabra Bluetooth Headphones
Follow the steps below to understand how to reset Jabra Bluetooth headphones.
- Turn on your Jabra Bluetooth headphones.
- Press and hold the Volume up button and the Multi-function button on the right earcup for 5 seconds.
- Release the buttons once the headphones flash purple LED light.
- Once the headphones have been reset completely, the headphones will make an announcement that your reset is complete.
After your Jabra Bluetooth reset, all your paired devices will be removed, and your name will return to the default.
How to Reset Bluedio Bluetooth Headphones
Bluedio Bluetooth headphones offer a straightforward approach to reset your Bluedio headphones to default. The steps below explain what you need.
- Turn off your Bluedio Bluetooth headphones.
- Press and hold the answer/end call and play/pause buttons.
- Let go of the button once the headphones reset blue LED light blinks three times.
Your Bluedio Bluetooth headphones will reset to the default and fix all lagging or static noise in the headphones.
How to Reset LG Bluetooth Headphones
Follow the outline below to reset your LG Bluetooth headphones to the default.
- Turn on your LG Bluetooth headphones.
- Press and hold the Volume and Call button for 2 seconds.
- Release buttons once the headphones flash steady blue LED.
- Your LG headphones will be reset and deleted all previous paired.
You need to pair your LG Bluetooth headphones once you are done resetting them to the default. However, your LG headphones will return to default if you’ve personalized the headphones’ name.
How to Reset TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones
You can reset your Taotronics Bluetooth headphones in two ways. However, the easiest and fastest method to reset your TaoTronics headphones is using the headphones reset button.
- Unplug one of the TaoTronics headphones from the charging casing.
- Press and hold the TaoTronics Bluetooth headphones multi-function touch control for about 10 seconds.
- Release the button once the headphones flashes white LED three times.
- Insert the headphone back into the case for about 5 seconds and cover the lid.
- After 5 seconds, the headphone will be reset to the default or factory settings.
In most cases, to reset your TaoTronics earbuds, you need to repeat the same process on both devices.
How to Reset Skullcandy Bluetooth Headphones
The method we shared below helps to reset Skullcandy Bluetooth headphones of any model or type.
- Turn off your Skullcandy Bluetooth headphones.
- Press and hold the Volume + and power buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds.
- Turn on the device, and it’ll be ready to pair.
Meanwhile, it is worth noting that when pairing your Skullcandy Bluetooth headphones after reset, the name will change from the preconfigure name to the default name as if you just bought the headphone.
How to Reset Mpow Bluetooth Headphones
You can quickly reset your Mpow Bluetooth headphones following the steps below.
- Turn off your Mpow Bluetooth headphones.
- Insert the headphones into the charging case.
- Press and hold the Mpow headphone power button.
- After some seconds, the Mpow reset LED light [blue and red or white and red] will start flashing.
- Once the LED reset flash flashes, let go of the power button to complete your Mpow headphones reset.
Now, you can go ahead to pair your Mpow Bluetooth headphone to your choice of a device via the device’s Bluetooth settings.
How to Reset JBL Bluetooth Headphones
JBL Bluetooth headphones have different series, from tune series to live series and some others. However, irrespective of your JBL Bluetooth headphones, the following steps will help you with how to reset your JBL Bluetooth headphones.
- Press the JBL Bluetooth headphones power button on the earcup to turn off the headphones.
- Listen to the click or chirp to confirm that your JBL headphone is turned off.
- Press down the “Volume + and Volume -“ button at the same times for 20 seconds.
- Once the JBL headphones reset, a chirp clip or sound will announce then you can let go of the Bluetooth headphones earcup buttons.
When you are done resetting your JBL Bluetooth headphone, you will then need to pair the headphones and possible change the headphones name from the default.
How to Reset Sony Bluetooth Headphones
Below are the steps and combination of keys to press together to reset your Sony Bluetooth headphones.
- Press the Sony Bluetooth headphones power button to turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Sony headphones’ power and play/pause button for 4 seconds.
- Release the buttons once the headphones flash blue LED.
- Your Sony headphones are reset.
Upon resetting your Sony Bluetooth headphones, all personal configurations will be wiped off and turn the headphones settings to new.
How to Reset Beats Bluetooth Headphones
If the Beats Bluetooth headphones design is what appeals to you, below are the steps to take to reset your beats Bluetooth headphones.
- Fully charge your Beats headphones and unplug them.
- Press and hold the Beats Bluetooth headphones power button for 10 seconds.
- Release the button once the LED reset light flashes.
Now, you need to set up and pair your Beats Bluetooth headphones with your device because resetting the Beats headphones will delete personal configurations and delete paired devices from the headphones setup.
How to Reset Bose Bluetooth Headphones
We consider how to reset a Bose Bluetooth headphones below. So, if you have one, following the steps below will erase your Bose Bluetooth headphones configurations and return it to the default.
- Turn off your Bose Bluetooth headphones
- Wait for about 3 seconds or more.
- Connect your Bose headphones to the power source using the USB charger/cable.
- Wait for at least 5 seconds. Remove the Bose headphones USB cable from your headset.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Turn on your Bose Bluetooth headphone to complete the reset.
Unlike other Bluetooth headphones, the Bose Bluetooth headphones won’t delete paired devices. Instead, it keeps your initiate Bluetooth settings.
When it comes to how to reset Bluetooth headphones, we’ve got a lot to talk about. However, these are the known Bluetooth headphones with reset buttons.
Therefore, if you have any of these Bluetooth headphones, this guide on how to reset Bluetooth headphones will go a long way to help you reset them.