You might need to delete all photos from your iPhone to free up some space to make room for more applications, music, and even pictures. Although recent iPhone models now come with plenty of space so that you do not have to be in this situation.
Nevertheless, if you are still using an older version and you have run out of space, or perhaps, you just choose to get rid of all your photos, then we will show you how you can delete all photos from iPhone fast.
Deleting pictures one after the other might take too much of your time. So if you are looking to clear your entire gallery fast, you can do this using Image Capture or your Mac or PC or even from your Google photos. Stick around with us, and we will explain how to get it done using the methods mentioned.
Table of Contents
How to Delete All Photos from iPhone Fast
If you need a fast approach to delete all photos on your iPhone at a time, check out these methods.
Using Image Capture
This is a very easy method you can adopt to delete all your photos permanently from your iPhone. However, if you are using the iCloud Photo Library, you should note that this method will not work for you. Let us get right into how to delete photos using Image Capture.
- To begin with, plug your iPhone into the USB port of your Mac Computer.
- Then, open Image Capture on your Mac.
- Usually, you will see a popup on your iPhone asking you to confirm that you trust the Mac, make sure you confirm. Alternatively, you might just see a message on your Mac asking you to unlock your iPhone.
- After a few minutes, depending on the number of photos you have on your iPhone, you will see all your iPhone photos appear in Image Capture.
- To delete all of them, just hit Cmd + A on your keyboard, or you could select them with your mouse and then click the small red circular icon next to Import To at the bottom of the window.
- Afterward, you will see a prompt asking you to confirm the deletion, and once you confirm, the selected pictures would be deleted from your iPhone.
Delete Photos Using the Mac
This is another efficient way to delete all photos from iPhone. You can achieve this using the photo app on your Mac. Although it is a little slower compared to using Image Capture, it is faster than deleting your pictures one after the other on your iPhone. Once again, you should note that this method will not work for you if you are using the iCloud photos. Follow the steps below to use this method.
- Start by opening Photos on your Mac and click on File.
- Select New Smart Album and mane the Smart Album. You should also set your parameters (e.g., Date captured is before XX).
- Next, the new album will fill up according to the parameters you set.
- Once it is filled up, you can now go to your iPhone to access it (if you sync photos over iCloud), and delete it.
Using Google Photos
This is another great option that allows you to clear your gallery in a short time. To use Google Photos to delete your pictures, just follow the steps explained below.
- Start by downloading Google Photos from the App Store.
- Then, you will need to sign in using your Google account and back up your photo gallery. This is likely to take some time if you have a lot of pictures on your iPhone.
- Once the backup is complete, proceed to delete all your photos by simply navigating to the menu icon of the Google Photos app.
- Then select Settings, click on Manage Device Storage, and finally, select Free Up Space.
- Afterward, it will search your library for photos and videos that have already been backed up into your Google Photos. It will show you a final confirmation before it would eventually delete the pictures. Once you confirm, the pictures would be deleted from your camera roll.
- The last step is to navigate to the Recently Deleted folder on your Photos app and delete everything within.
Using a Windows PC
If you own a Windows PC, then you are lucky because the process is fast and straightforward. All you need to do us just connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable and make sure you Trust/Allow the PC to access your iPhone.
Afterward, navigate to your phone’s DCIM folder within your windows explorer, then select all the pictures you wish to delete. To make it faster, hit the Ctrl + A buttons at the same time to select all your photos. Proceed to delete them by right-clicking or hit the Shift + Del buttons, and they will be permanently deleted from your iPhone.
You should also read on how to backup your iPhone here.
Clearing out your entire photo gallery does not have to be such a huge task. With any of the methods explained above, you will realize deleting all photos from iPhone can be done fast and efficiently.