Do you own a Vizio soundbar and have been looking for a way to reset your Vizio soundbar? Then you are in the right place, as this article will explain the steps required to reset Vizio soundbar in a step-by-step guide.
The Vizio brand is well known when it comes to producing quality home theatre systems.
One of their popular devices is the Vizio sound bar, an all-in-one sound system that provides quality audio with great features like Bluetooth connectivity and wireless connectivity, which enables you to connect it to multiple devices easily.
Like all other devices, the Vizio sound bar is prone to developing issues and faults in certain instances. Still, luckily enough, you can solve most of the issues by resetting the Vizio soundbar.
When you reset your Vizio sound bar, it would revert to its original factory settings, which can be pretty beneficial when it comes to resolving bugs.
Recommended: How to Reset your Smart Bulb to Default or Factory Settings.
Read through this article to get a detailed explanation of how to reset Vizio soundbar.
When Should You Reset Vizio SoundBar
You can reset a Vizio sound bar due to various reasons, some of which are listed below.
- When you cannot hear any audio from the soundbar, even after you have increased the volume on the soundbar.
- When the Vizio sound bar is not connecting to Bluetooth.
- When the Wifi connection on the Vizio sound bar is not working.
- When the Vizio sound bar is flashing a white light signifies a problem with the soundbar.
Recommended: How to Fix Vizio Sound Bar not Working
How to Reset Vizio Sound Bar
Most issues with the Vizio sound bar can be resolved by performing a soft reset on the Vizio sound bar, also known as power cycling, or you perform a hard reset on the Vizio sound bar, which will revert it to its original factory settings.
How to Soft Reset Vizio Sound Bar
When you encounter issues with your Vizio sound bar, the first troubleshooting solution you should attempt is to soft reset Vizio sound bar.
In many cases, once you have been able to soft reset the Vizio sound bar, you will find out that the issues have been resolved.
Follow the instructions given below to soft reset your Vizio sound bar.
- Turn off your Vizio sound bar and disconnect the power cord.
- Then press and hold down the power button for approximately 30 seconds.
- Now, plug the power cord back into the Vizio sound bar.
You have then been able to soft reset the Vizio sound bar successfully, and you can now use it to confirm if it is working perfectly.
If you are still having issues, the next step will be to hard reset the Vizio sound bar, and the section below will explain the steps you have to take to reset Vizio sound bar.
How to Hard Reset Vizio Sound Bar
If, after performing a soft reset on your Vizio soundbar and you are still encountering issues, you can hard reset the Vizio sound bar to revert it to the factory or default settings.
When you hard reset Vizio sound bar, the device will be restored to its original factory settings and can be pretty beneficial in resolving bugs and other issues. This method will wipe away all your personal settings
Follow the steps below to hard reset Vizio sound bar.
- Press the power button to turn on the Vizio sound bar.
- Then simultaneously press and hold down the Bluetooth and Volume down buttons for approximately 5 seconds.
- Release the buttons and wait for a couple of minutes; once the LED lights flash thrice, it signifies that you have factory reset the device.
After you have been able to hard reset Vizio soundbar, you should use the device to confirm that the problem has been fixed.
How to Reset Vizio Soundbar WiFi
You can also reset your Vizio soundbar Wifi by simply connecting to the Wifi if the soundbar won’t connect to it.
The process of connecting the Vizio soundbar to Wifi is simple and will be discussed in this section of the article.
You would need the Vizio smart cast app, which you can find on the Google play store and the iOS app store.
You can reset Vizio soundbar Wifi by following the instructions below:
- Press the menu on your Vizio soundbar and select the Wifi setup mode.
- Then turn on the Wifi on your mobile phone, and open your Vizio smart cast app.
- Then click on the three dots on the top left corner of your screen and select device settings.
- Then click on add new device, and select Vizio device to add your Vizio sound bar to the device list.
If you have followed the instructions above, then you have been able to reset Vizio soundbar wifi.
How To Reset Vizio Soundbar SB3651
You can perform either a soft reset or hard reset on Vizio soundbar SB3651 to resolve any issues you might be having with the device if this is the particular soundbar you have.
To soft reset Vizio soundbar SB3651, all you have to do is follow the instructions given below.
- Disconnect the power cord from your Vizio sound bar and turn it off.
- The power button should then be pressed and held down for about 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the Vizio sound bar’s power cord at this point.
If you have followed the instruction above, then you have been able to reset Vizio Soundbar SB3651.
If you still have issues, you can proceed to hard reset Vizio Soundbar SB3651.
Follow the instruction given below to hard reset Vizio Soundbar SB3651.
- Turn on the Vizio sound bar by pressing the power button.
- Next, hold down the Volume Down and Bluetooth buttons at the same time for about 5 seconds.
- When the LED lights flash three times, which happens after you release the buttons, it implies the soundbar has been factory reset.
You can then use the Vizio soundbar to be sure the issue has been fixed successfully.
How to Fix Vizio Soundbar Blinking No Sound
If your soundbar is not transmitting any sound, you can use any of the troubleshooting methods listed below to resolve the issue.
- Check and confirm you are plugging the correct cable into the soundbar.
- Factory reset the Vizio soundbar if it is still not producing sounds.
- Connect another device to the Vizio soundbar.
If you have tried any or all of these methods and the Vizio sound bar is still not producing sounds, you can contact the Vizio customer support team for further assistance.
This article has talked about how to reset a Vizio soundbar and the soundbar wifi. We also talked about troubleshooting methods you can attempt when your Vizio soundbar is not transmitting sound.