If you are facing any issue with your Whirlpool waster that will prompt you to want to reset it, here is a recommended guide for. Here in this guide, you will learn how to reset Whirlpool washer of any type.
Various issues might arise from the regular usage of your whirlpool washing machine, as it might not be working correctly. You will need to reset your washing machine to get it to function properly again. To reset whirlpool washer varies depending on the model, most models can be reset by disconnecting the power through its cable.
Well, you need to know that whirlpool machines do not have a reset button, just in case you are searching for a reset button on your washing machine. Although this does not stop you from resetting the washing machine and the best way is to read through the user manual.
In this article, we would take you through steps on how to reset the whirlpool washer.
How To Reset Whirlpool Washer
However, to reset your whirlpool washer we would take you through the following step:
Unplug Your Washing Machine
A very common way to reset your whirlpool washing machine is to disconnect it from the source of power. The concept behind this is to allow electric charge to dissipate from the washing machine, which would allow it to reset.
However, if this fails you should fail, you should try again by doubling the amount of time you need to wait. Anyway, for safety reasons and to prevent damage, make sure your washing machine is properly turned off from the control panel before finally unplugging the device.
Reset the Circuit Breaker
For some reason and you cannot directly unplug your washing machine, you can disconnect the power by resetting the circuit breaker in your home electrical panel. Follow these simple steps to reset your Whirlpool washer:
- Turn the washing machine off using the control panel.
- Access the washing machine’s circuit breaker in your home’s electrical panel.
- Lift the circuit breaker to disconnect the power to the washer.
- Wait for 3 minutes then reset the circuit breaker to restore power to the washer.
- Wait for 30 seconds before turning on your washing machine from the control panel.
Press a Combination of Buttons
Getting the right combination would easily reset your washing machine. You can refer to your washing machine’s manual to know the best key combinations that work. If you can’t get a hold of your machine’s manual then you can follow the steps below. We will show you some combinations of buttons that would work for most whirlpool models:
- Press the Pause or Cancel button two times.
- Then press the Power button once.
- Once this reset model has probably worked, you will hear the sound of your machine beeping or display panel flash.
Turn the Dial of your Whirlpool Washing Machine
If your washing machine has a dial on the control panel, we would provide you with how to reset your washing machine through the dial on the control panel.
- Turn off your washing machine using the control panel.
- You will see a dial on the control panel of your washing machine, then turn it to Normal.
- First, turn the dial counterclockwise one click and you turn the dial back clockwise three clicks.
- Next, turn the dial counterclockwise one click then turn the dial clockwise one click.
- Now press the Start button. it would blink a light on the control panel.
- Make sure the rinse, wash and stop buttons are showing lights as well.
- Then turn off your washing machine from the control panel.
- Unplug the washer for about 20 seconds.
- Turn on the washer. If the process works, your washer will now be reset.
Reset Whirlpool Washer Top Load
If you are using a top loader whirlpool washing machine, you could get stuck with opening and closing the removable or hinged cover on your top load washing machine.
However when this type of issue occurs, then you will need to reset your washing machine. We will review with you the steps on how to reset your top-loader Whirlpool washing machine:
- Unplug your washing machine.
- Wait 60 seconds before plugging your washing machine into your source of power.
Then open and close the lid 6 times within 12 seconds.
Depending on the model of your washing machine, you will hear a beep sound or you will see a light on the control panel if the reset method works out.
For a front load whirlpool washing machine, if the door is not locking properly consider the following.
- First, check that no items are blocking the door and that it is closed completely.
- Next press the pause or cancel button twice and the Power button once to clear the code “F5 E2” that is showing on your washer. This process will clear such error codes.
Press the Power and Program Buttons on your Whirlpool Washing Machine
If none of the steps listed above worked, then you should try out this next step. This step involves pressing the power button, program button, and water level button. Alright, we would take you through the next steps below:
- Make sure your washing machine is connected to a source of power, but make sure the Power button on the control is turned off.
- Then hold the program button down while you are simultaneously pressing the Water Level button twice. If this is done correctly, the control panel lights would show light on the washing machine.
- Then press all the buttons on the control panel one after the other, except for the Power button.
- Open the lid of the washing machine, as you should hear it beep.
Then close the lid of your washing machine, and then it would begin a reset cycle.
The above steps should be well enough to help reset your Whirlpool washer. But, if your product is different from the one we discussed above then you might want to contact the company for support.
How to Reset Whirlpool Washer Cabrio
If your Cabrio washer is not working correctly, then you should consider the reset procedure below. We will take you through the basic steps you need to reset your Cabrio washer.
- Touch any button that you see on your display pad. This will clear the error code. Or you can simply press Pause or Cancel.
- Choose a cycle and press Start.
- Then disconnect the Cabrio from power if you see the issues or error come up again.
- Wait for a longer time than the 1st time or kindly wait for 5 minutes.
- Choose a cycle again and press Start. Now run the load empty to test it and ensure that the reset process worked correctly. Then you can complete these steps again until it finally resets.
If after trying all these methods listed above and it doesn’t work then there may be issues with the control board of your whirlpool washing machine. You should consider talking to a technician or a trained specialist, to help you fix the problem with your Whirlpool washing machine.
In conclusion, we have been able to briefly list steps on “how to reset Whirlpool washer in this article”. If your whirlpool washers don’t have a reset button like most devices which makes it more technical to fix issues or error codes that might affect your washing machine you can take a look at the manual on your washing machine depending on the model to accurately solve some of these pending issues.