Do you need to screenshot from your Laptop, but you are unsure of how you can screenshot the screenshot? Well, it’s not rocket science but you need to know how it’s done on your PC. And here, you will learn various methods you can use to screenshot on an HP laptop.
The HP laptop is one the best laptops available in the market, known for its excellent specification, quality, and durability.
As an HP laptop user, it is a given that sometimes you would want to screenshot or screengrab content from your screen for future reference.
It could be a slide during a team meeting, a family picture, or a post on social media, any content you want to keep on your Laptop, you can screenshot and keep it for future reference.
Therefore, you will get to know how to screenshot on an HP laptop in this article.
How to Screenshot on an HP Laptop
The screenshot, also known as screengrabs, is a great and convenient way of capturing images on your Laptop.
It can serve various purposes, such as grabbing motivational quotes from the internet, saving an essential slide during a work meeting, and saving pictures of your family and friends during a zoom call.
You can use various methods for full and partial screenshots, and we will explore these methods in this article’s section.
How to Do a Full Screenshot on an HP Laptop
The default way of performing a full screenshot of your laptop screen on an HP laptop is using the print screen button, and you can use this button to screenshot by following the instructions below.
- Simultaneously press the windows and print screen (it can appear as prt sc or prtscn on your Laptop), and your laptop screen will appear dim for a second to signify a successful snapshot.
- Then open any image editing app like Microsoft paint or photoshop on your Laptop.
- Then click on a new image, click ctrl V, or right-click and select paste to paste the screenshot.
- Then save the new image as a JPG or PNG file in your picture folder.
You should then see your screenshot as a new image in your picture gallery.
How to Do a Partial Screenshot on an HP Laptop
If you prefer to make a partial screenshot instead of a screenshot of your entire laptop screen, the snip and sketch feature will be helpful for this.
You can take a partial screenshot on your HP laptop by following the instructions below.
- Simultaneously press the window, shift, and S keys, and an overlay will appear on your screen with a cursor at the top of the screen.
- Then click and drag the cursor at the top of the screen to make a rectangular outline of the area you want to screenshot.
- Then press the disk icon to save the screenshot as a PNG or JPG file.
How to Take a Screenshot on an HP Laptop using Snagit
Snagit is a third-party application that you can download on your HP laptop to take a screenshot conveniently.
You can screenshot using Snagit on your HP laptop by following the instructions below.
- Open the Snagit application on your Laptop and press the red button at the top of the screen to access the screenshot camera.
- Then click on the camera icon to screenshot an image or the recorder icon to screen record a video.
- Then click on the portion of the screen you want to screenshot and save it.
You can use any of the methods listed in this article’s section to take screenshots using your HP laptop.
You can also check out How to Fix Windows 10 HP Going to Sleep On Desktop/Laptop.
How to Take a Screenshot on an HP Chromebook Laptop
If you use the HP Chromebook laptop, you can conveniently screenshot on the Chromebook by following the instructions below.
- Click on the shift, control, and windows keys, or if your Chromebook has a screenshot button, you can click on it.
- Then select screenshot from the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Then choose your preferred option from the full, partial, and windows screenshot options.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to take a screenshot on your HP Chromebook laptop successfully, and you can access it anytime you desire.
How to Screenshot on an HP Laptop Without the Print Screen Button
Being able to perform a screenshot on your HP laptop can be a live saver on many occasions, as this can help you save important content for future reference.
If for some reason, you cannot use the print screen button on your Laptop and you need to screenshot it on your Laptop, you can download the Snagit app from the windows store and follow the instructions below.
- Launch the Snagit application on your Laptop to access the screenshot camera and click the red button at the top of the screen.
- Then select the camera icon to take a screenshot or the recorder icon to make a screen recording.
- Then click and save the area of the screen that you want to screenshot.
How to Screenshot on HP Elitebook Laptop
The HP EliteBook laptop has a print screen button usually labelled as prt sc. You can use this button and some other laptop keys to screenshot and save content from your Laptop as images for future reference.
You can take a screenshot on an HP EliteBook laptop by following the instructions below.
- Press the window, shift, and S keys simultaneously, and an overlay with a cursor at the top of the screen will display on your screen.
- Then, click and drag the cursor to draw a rectangular outline around the area you wish to capture on camera.
- Finally, click the disk symbol to save the screenshot as a JPEG or PNG image.
You can now view your saved screenshot in your picture folder anytime you wish to refer to it.
Where does Screenshot go on HP Laptop?
If you screenshot an image on your HP laptop, the image will most likely go to the screenshot folder or the predefined folder if you have created one.
You can find this screenshot folder in your pictures folder on your Laptop, and you can always open it and view your screenshotted images in the folder.
This article has explained the various methods you can use to take a screenshot on an HP laptop. We also looked at how to screenshot on the HP Chromebook and explained where your screenshotted image would be saved on your HP laptop.