Audio description is also known as described video as it describes actions, characters, scene changes, on-screen text, and other visual content. It is an additional feature that is designed to help people who are blind or have visual impairments.
Disney Plus is supported on most tv products including apple tv, Roku tv, Amazon firestick, Samsung Tv, and lots more. In this article, we would briefly take a look at “How to turn off audio description on Disney plus” on some of these products.
Therefore, if you are looking for how to turn off audio description on Disney Plus you will find the article interesting as we will dissect all you need to know about Disney Plus audio, how to turn it on and how to turn off the audio description if you don’t want it.
Disney Plus Audio Description Turn On
We will take you through the steps on how to turn off the audio description on Disney plus.
- Open the app to watch a movie or tv program.
- click on the screen of your device so the transport controls (Play / Pause, Skip Back, Skip Forward)can come up on the screen.
- Click on the more settings box which is at the top right corner. It will bring a list of player settings.
- In the audio list tap on English (US) AD in the language option. This immediately switches on the audio description announcements.
How To Turn Off Audio Description On Disney Plus
We will take you through some of the basic steps on “How to turn off audio description on Disney plus”.
- Open tour Disney plus app and begin to play a movie.
- Tap on the screen of your device to bring up the transport controls (Play / Pause, Skip Back, Skip Forward) options.
- Then click on the More Settings square at the top of the screen. This will show a list of player settings.
- In the audio list, tap the English (US) language option or choose any other language option that doesn’t have AD. This automatically switches off the narrative option.
Can’t Turn Off Audio Description On Disney Plus
Another way is to find the setting using the menus buttons on your remote, then you select “Settings” > “Accessibility” > “Audio Guide” or “Screen Reader” > “Off“.
To switch off your Disney plus audio description you should try the following steps.
Try to press the * (asterisk) key on your tv remote during playback.
Then change the audio track to an option that does not include an audio description.
It will allow you to receive an option that does not include voice narration.
How To Turn Off Audio Description On Disney Plus Roku
Disney plus users on Roku tv, often face problems with how to turn off its audio narration voice. The audio guide narration feature is specifically designed for people with vision impairments.
However, users who don’t need this feature find it hard to disable it. We will take you through a few steps on how to disable this feature.
The first method is to Change your Roku Audio Setting.
- From the Roku Home screen menu, go to Settings then select Accessibility.
- Next, you click on Audio Guide then at this point you will see an Off or On option, you then select the right option.
- ( Home Screen Menu > Settings > Accessibility > Off)Then click off to disable this feature.
The other method is the fastest and it is a shortcut to turn off the audio description on Disney plus on your Roku tv.
- Press the *(asterisk) button four times simultaneously, You will hear a message that says Audio guide “disabled”. This confirms that the audio description feature has been turned off.
Disney Plus Turn Off Audio Description Apple Tv
To turn off the audio description on your apple tv, you must be watching a Disney plus program or movie.
The best way to turn off the audio description on apple tv is to change your language to English (Us). However, do not make the mistake to choose the English (US) AD language option as it will only turn on the audio description option. We will explain the steps to take below.
- Swipe down on your apple tv screen with your remote controller to show audio and subtitles.
- In the audio, you will see a long list of different languages. If the language option is set in a different language other than English, that’s when you have the text-to-speech narration.
- You will have to set it back to the English language. Once it is set back to the English language then your Disney plus app will lose the narrator.
How To Turn Off Audio Description On Disney plus On Firestick
If you want to off your Disney audio description while watching your favourite Disney movie on your fire tv or firestick. We will now reveal steps you can take to turn off the audio description of Disney plus on fire tv.
Audio descriptions are available for select Prime Video titles and to provide narration for compatible movies and TV shows. They describe actions, characters, scene changes, on-screen text, and other visual content.
There are two ways you can off audio descriptions, the first option is while you are watching a movie or show. The second option is using the device accessibility setting.
To turn off your audio descriptions while you are watching a movie or show;
- Open the Disney Plus app.
- Then select a movie or TV show you want to watch and start playing.
- Then you press pause.
- Tap on the screen, then click the settings icon located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- In the two columns that appear then select off in the right column under Subtitles.
- Close the window by tapping or clicking the “X” once you’ve made these changes to resume the movie or show.
To turn off Audio Descriptions from accessibility settings;
- Select Settings >Select Accessibility > Select Audio Descriptions >Then select off.
How To Turn Off Narrator On Disney Plus Samsung Tv
Disney plus is compatible with Samsung Smart TVs produced from 2016 upwards. Smart Samsung TVs provide narration which is accessible with the voice guide option. If you want to turn off this feature, then your Samsung tv will stop narrating or announcing the name of everything that is shown on your Tv screen. Voice Guide is an accessibility feature designed to assist users who are blind or have low vision.
The following steps will explain how to turn off the narrator:
- Navigate to Home > Settings (All Settings) > General (General & Privacy) > Accessibility > Voice Guide Settings > Voice Guide.
- If the Voice Guard is enabled, press the centre button to disable this feature. Then launch Disney plus app on your Tv
- However, another shortcut to reach the accessibility menu is to hold the volume button on the remote. This is basically how the narrator feature gets turned on accidentally.
Apple Tv Audio Description Won’t Turn Off Disney Plus
If you are finding it really hard or currently having issues with how to turn off audio description on apple tv. You need to know that the scene narrating voice is not called “Voiceover”, but “Audio Descriptions”. So if you are changing the Voiceover, you might still be experiencing this same issue.
Try the following step below:
- Verify the audio track, and select a non-AD language track.
- Kindly select a non-Audio descriptive language track for audio, as this stop the audio descriptions.
- For example, you will see English (US), and English (US)AD, among the lists of languages available. Then select the English (US) option.
We have been able to quickly summarize “How to turn off audio description on Disney plus” basically on some tv products. However, sometimes changing the audio description on your Tv set and Disney plus app might slightly vary.