You should be able to have control over the caps lock on or off on your Chromebook when you are writing or typing with the keyboard. If caps lock on your Chromebook doesn’t translate to caps lock off on the device you can do a manual turn off to turn off your caps lock or turn on caps lock on your Chromebook whenever you want to use it. In this article, we will detail how to turn off caps lock on Chromebook.
While this is easier said than done it takes extra work to turn on caps lock on your Chromebook and even turning it off requires a bit of work. You can use your Chromebook search option to search for caps lock or use a key combination to turn off caps lock on your Chrome or turn it on.
Recommended: How to Turn Off Auto Caps on iPhone
This works on HP, Dell, Samsung, Acer, Asus, and other Chromebooks.
How to Turn Off Caps Lock on Chromebook
There are two ways to turn off caps lock on a Chromebook. You can also use these methods to turn on caps lock on your Chromebook. So, here, we will consider both ways so you can choose which one you prefer the most.
- Press Search + Alt on your Chromebook keyboard.
Your Chromebook caps lock will be turned off.
- Press Alt + Launcher on your Chromebook to turn off and turn on caps lock
If you are the type that uses caps lock often on your Chromebook you can change the behavior of the search key on your keyboard and change it to “Caps lock.” This implies that you turn off caps lock you only need to press the search key and caps lock will be turned on.
- Click on the “Shelf” icon.
- Choose the “Settings Cogwheel.”
- Navigate to “Device” and select “Keyboard.”
- Highlight “Search” on the “Drop Menu.”
- Choose “Caps Lock.”
- Choose “Search” and save changes.
The function of the “Search” will switch to turn off caps lock and turn on caps lock on your Chromebook.
How to Turn Caps Lock Off on Chromebook
You can route for “Launcher” and set it as your default key to turn off caps lock on your Chromebook instead of the “Search” key. You can do this by taking the steps below.
- Click on “Settings” in the “App drawer.”
- Scroll to “Device” under “Settings.”
- Click on “Keyboard” to see the full list of the Chromebook keys you can configure.
- Choose “Launcher” from the menu.
- Click on the “Caps Lock” menu.
The launcher key function will be changed to “Caps Lock.” Whenever you press it your Chromebook caps lock will turn on and if you press it again the caps lock will turn off.