What is an Apple Watch ringer and how do you turn it off? Well, in this article, we will consider everything about the ringer on Apple Watch, how to turn on Ringer on Apple Watch and how to turn off Ringer on Apple Watch in a step-by-step.
As an iPhone and Apple Watch user, you have the privilege to use your iWatch with your iPhone receiving notifications on both devices. However, it’s a privilege to use the iWatch without your iPhone or iPad if you are within the phone coverage.
However, if you want to keep everything silent on your Apple Watch you need to turn on the Apple Watch silent mode or turn off the Apple Watch ringer. So, instead of turning off your Apple Watch, you can just turn off the ringer if the ringer is distracting you.
So, in this guide, you will learn solely how to turn off ringer on Apple Watch on the following Apple Watches.
- Apple Watch Series 3
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch series 7
- Apple Watch Series 8
Recommended: How to Turn Off Screen Time Without Passcode
How to Turn off Ringer on Apple Watch
Note that these steps will only affect the watch’s ringtone. No settings on the phone will be altered by this. So, by following the steps below you will learn how to turn off the ringer on Apple Watch.
- Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Select the My Watch tab at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and select the Phone option.
- Under the Ringtone part of the menu, tap the button to the right of Sound.
- Disable the Sound option.
Now, the Apple Watch ringer will be disabled. Henceforth, you will be able to use your Apple Watch without the disturbing ringing tone either in public or during your quiet time.
How to Turn Ringer Off on Apple Watch
Alternatively, by following the steps below you will learn how to turn ringer off on Apple Watch and achieve a similar result as we shared above.
We recommend that you should check out our epistle on how to reset an Apple Watch Password when Forgotten
- Press and hold beneath the Watch Face.
- Swipe up once the Control Center appears.
- Click on the Silent Mode icon.
- Haptic notifications will still be available.
- Rest your palm on the display for at least three seconds, or until you feel a tap, to silence an alert or notification while it sounds.
- If it doesn’t work, check to see if the Cover to Mute setting is enabled: If it is not, kindly proceed with the steps below
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- Go to the My Watch page
- click on Sounds & Haptics.
- Enable “Cover to Mute.”
Once you have enabled “Cover to Mute” kindly repeat the above process to turn ringer off on your Apple Watch.
How to Enable Apple Watch Silent Mode
Aside from using the ringtone ringer feature on your Apple Watch, you can also capitalize on the Apple Watch silent mode feature to turn off your Watch ringtone for the time being. So, here in this part of the article, we will take a look t how to enable Apple Watch silent mode.
- Return to the Home screen by touching the digital crown on the side of the device.
- Swipe up on the Apple Watch display to activate the Control Center
- Tap the Bell symbol.
- When there is a diagonal line crossing through the bell symbol, you have the Apple Watch muting option enabled.
You can always return to the control center and tap the silent mode button to disable the setting and turn off silent mode.
How to Turn Volume Down on Apple Watch
The best option to choose when you don’t want to turn on your Apple Watch silent mode or turn off ringer on your Apple Watch is to turn volume down on your Apple Watch to the bearest minimum that you know won’t disturb or distract you from concentrating on what you are doing.
So, by following the steps below you will get to know how to turn volume down on Apple Watch.
- Go to your Apple Watch “Control Centre”.
- Click on “Sounds And Haptics”.
- Set the “Alert Volume” slider to 0.
With the above steps your Apple Watch ringer will not be disabled rather the volume level is reduced to the bearest minimum.
How to Turn Off the Ringer on Apple Watch
You can take advantage of your phone’s mute feature and avoid tapping sounds or using the do-not-disturb button when you need some rest and quiet. To do this, you need to follow the steps below.
- Simply navigate to Watch >> My Watch >> Phone >> Mirror my iPhone.
This will cause the watch to use your phone’s sound and alerts. In addition to sharing the phone settings, you can also adjust Sound and Haptic.
Now you can enjoy your meetings and naps without any distractions and disturbances.
Apple notifications can get annoying at times. And we have given you a few solutions above to help you in solving that issue. You may disable your Apple Watch’s ringer and control the notification noises and haptic feedback by doing everything that was outlined above.