The Zoom app is preinstalled on the Google Chromebook, but that doesn’t mean you cannot uninstall the video communication app and reinstall it from the Google play store. Therefore, in this article, we will look at how to uninstall Zoom on Chromebook and how to redownload and reinstall it from the Google play store.
The zoom app is a communication app with over 450 million downloads in the past years and currently has about 4422 employees globally.
Without giggling, the Zoom app is one of the best and most downloaded video communication apps to hold virtual meetings online with up to 100 participants at a time.
As such, the Zoom app is widely sorted after when it comes to a video communication app. Therefore, the Zoom company, most time, partners with tech-giant to preinstall the Zoom app on their devices to make it difficult for users to uninstall.
However, in the case of the Google Chromebook, there is a trick to uninstall the Zoom app from the Chromebook.
Therefore, in this article, we will take a look at how to uninstall Zoom from Chromebook and reinstall the Zoom app directly from the Google Play store.
How to Uninstall Zoom on Chromebook
The steps below explain how to uninstall the preinstalled Zoom app from your Google Chromebook.
- Switch on your Chromebook device.
- Tap on the “circle icon” that is located at the left corner.
- View all your Chromebook apps by clicking on the carrot-up.
- Tap on the “trackpad with two fingers” to right-click on the Chromebook apps.
- Click on “Uninstall” from the pop-up.
- Select “Remove” once again.
Once you’ve clicked on the remove button after the uninstall button, the Zoom app will be removed from your Chromebook device.
How to Reinstall Zoom on Chromebook from the Google Play Store
You can reinstall the Zoom app from the Google Play Store on your Chromebook after removing the preinstalled version. However, there is no need to create a new Zoom account after reinstalling the Zoom app on your Chromebook, as your existing Zoom account is still valid.
- Open a browser on your Chromebook.
- Sign in to your Google Gmail account.
- Go to the official PlayStore page on https://play.google.com/store?hl=en_US
- Search for “Zoom Meeting” and click on the “Go” button to search for the video communication app.
- Select “Zoom Cloud Meeting” from the search results.
- Select “Install” to download and install the Zoom cloud meeting app on your Chromebook.
That is all. The Zoom app will be downloaded and installed on your Chromebook device, and you can start to hold meetings or join meetings using the smart device.