This article will discuss how to update your Infinix Zero 5G software, which is the latest release in the brand of Infinix phones.
The Infinix brand is one brand that has been able to hold its own since it began in 2013 by Transsion Holdings.
Infinix has been home to many phones numbering about 73 with multiple models, ranging between; the Infinix Hot, Infinix Zero, Infinix Smart, and Infinix Note, but in this article, we will be focused just on their latest release, the Infinix Zero 5G.
We will do well to give you some highlights of the Zero 5G, then the reasons why you should regularly update your Infinix Zero 5G software, things you need to do before you update your Infinix 5G software, and lastly, how to update your Infinix 5G software.
Some Highlights of the Infinix Zero 5G
Infinix Zero 5G, so far, has been the game-changer for the brand, as it is the first Infinix phone that is 5G enabled.
Launched on the 9th of February 2022, the device is ready for purchase in two color options, the Cosmic Black, if you are one for the dark tones, and the Skylight Orange, if you prefer the bright and fair things of life.
Infinix has been generous with the design of the Zero 5 screen, like the screen, which measures 6.78 inches with a resolution of 1080 x 2460 pixels, is large enough to offer an exciting viewing time, with vivid and crystal clear visuals while watching videos, playing games, or streaming movies online…
To make it even better, the Zero 5 comes with a 5000mAh battery capacity that can last for 8 hours of non-stop phone device, and it operates on the Android operating system(this is not new anyway Infinix operates on the Android OS).
Why You Should Update Your Infinix Zero 5G Software
To begin with, software updates serve as quick fixes in the device. Updates are essential because they are what enable devices to operate efficiently and also fix bugs (if any) for better security.
To update the software of a device, you just need to install the update that is developed for that particular device, which in this case, will be the software for your Infinix Zero 5G.
Getting straight to the point now;
- Software updates are one guaranteed way that manufacturers deploy to introduce new features such as a revamped user interface, which could be more user-friendly.
- Updates also work to upgrade your device with advanced technical improvements.
- Updates are also capable of improving the stability of your software and removing outdated features, which might make your device lag if you fail to update it.
- Firmware updates also afford users the opportunity to derive optimum satisfaction and enhance the overall user experience as they use their devices.
- The update may make the application compact so that it will take less space on your device.
- Updates also protect your device from potential hackers.
Before You Update Your Infinix Zero 5G Software
Take note of the following before we move to update your Infinix Zero 5G software.
Back-Up Your Files:
Although the method of updating we will be discussing in this article is not such that it can wipe off your files, but it is always advisable to back up your files before you launch the update of your Infinix Zero 5G software with an external flash drive.
This step is important because as you update your Infinix Zero 5G software, you could possibly lose the data and files in your phone. But if you back them up in a flash drive, then you got nothing to worry about.
Have an Active Internet Connection
For a successful update of your Infinix Zero 5G software, you should have an active internet connection with decent speed and data. Those a prerequisites.
Endeavor Not to Interrupt the Process
You really don’t want to stop or even interrupt the system update once you’ve selected the “verify and install” option because if you by any chance force closes the process, you may end up causing damage to your device. So, just keep it going and wait it out. It should not take so long to complete, anyways.
Have a Reasonable Battery Percentage
This is simply to ensure that your phone does not go off while the update is going on. In my opinion, 50 percent battery is good enough.
How To Update your Infinix Zero 5G Software
Alas, our main discourse is here, so the following steps will gently walk you through how to update your Infinix Zero 5G software. Just be sure to follow these guidelines in their exact order, and you will be done like it’s child’s play.
So, here we go;
- Navigate to the Settings app on your phone.
- Click on it, then scroll down and select About phone.
- Another screen displays, which you will see System updates, tap on it.
- It takes you to another page, displaying Online Update and Local Update.
- Tap the Online Update.
- Then, select Check For Update, and if they are any new updates available, it will pop up.
- If they are an update option, then click on the Download.
- Once the Download is finished, tap on “Verify and Install.”
- Then, you will receive a popup notification message saying, “you need to restart your device to install updates.”
- Then, it will further ask, “Do you want to continue”? Just tap OK, and your phone will go ahead and restart.
- When that happens, the phone will be installed and updated duly.
- Then, wait for the update to finish.
- Once it is finished updating, you will see a message saying “Your system is up to date” with the time the update happens.
This is how you update your Infinix Zero 5G software.
Like we said earlier, there are a lot of benefits an update does to a device. Just imagine regular updates to be like regular checkups that we humans usually do at the hospital.
Once you get a check-up done, potential health issues are tackled ASAP, and your health and vitality are at their best. Now, that applies to regularly updating your device’s software.
So, go ahead and update your Infinix Zero 5G Software today!