WintoUSB is a portable tool to burn Windows ISO to USB or DVD to create a bootable removable device to install Windows OS with a USB or DVD. The Win to USB tool works in a similar way to use Rufus to burn Windows to USB or burn Windows to DVD.
WintoUSB is a light portable tool that rips the Windows OS installer and burns it into a removable of your choice once the remove meets up with the minimum requirement to use Win to USB tool. However, in this guide, you will get to know how to use WintoUSB
Both Rufus and WintoUSB can be used to burn Windows OS to removable such as USB, DVD/CD, Pendrive, floppy disc, etc and it supports all Windows OS. However, the only requirement to burn ISO to USB with WintoUSB is the ISO file of the Windows you want to burn to your USB.
If you want to burn Windows 7 to USB you need to download Windows 7 ISO file with the Windows activation key. If you want to burn Windows 8 to USB the activation key must be valid because you will need it during the process of the installation.
Table of Contents
Download WintoUSB tool
The Win to USB bootable tool supports all Windows version and editions to burn Windows ISO to USB and you can download it from below.
File Name: WintoUSB
File Size: 5.74MB
Developer: The EasyUEFI Development Team
Download Windows ISO (Disc Image)
They are two ways to download Windows ISO (file). One works for burning Windows to UBS or DVD drive while the other didn’t. However, the first approach to download Windows ISO requires downloading the Windows Media Creation Tool to download Microsoft Windows online.
In other to burn ISO to USB using WintoUSB, you first need to download the official Windows ISO file to your computer.
- Go to Windows Microsoft Media Creation Tool page
- Right-click on the interface and select inspect element
- Click on network connections
- Uncheck “set automatically”
- Select “Safari – iPad iOS9″
- Refresh the Windows media creation tool page
- Click on download media creation 10
- Select your official language [English]
- Select your Windows version
- Select the Windows architecture [32-bits or 64-bits]
- Click on Download.
The few steps above will help you to download Windows ISO file to your computer to be able to burn the ISO to USB or DVD.
How to Use WintoUSB
WintoUSB is a click to run a tool to create a bootable USB or DVD with Windows ISO file. However, the basic requirement need to use WintoUSB is the Windows product key or you purchase a new activation key.
If you want to burn Windows 7 ISO to USB using WintoUSB you need the Windows 7 activation. Once you have the valid key available you can easily create a bootable with WintoUSB bootable too. Here is a step by step to find Windows activation keys. You can even check out the Windows 7 product keys we shared.
- Download WintoUSB tool
- Double-click to run the tool (Administrative right is required)
- Insert your (empty) USB or DVD drive into your PC
- Select Windows ISO file from your folder directory
- Under device, select the name of the USB drive connected
- Click on “Next”
- Click on the burn button
- Wait for a couple of minutes to burn the ISO file to your USB.
All data that are available on the connect USB or DVD will be cleared and the Windows bootable will be created on it.
The same process is required for burning ISO to DVD/CD. However, instead of inserting a USB, you’ll have to insert a re-writeable DVD drive or floppy disk to create a Windows installer on the disk.
How to Install from WintoUSB Bootable
Before you attempt to install the Windows ISO from WintoUSB bootable tool backup your PC. After that, follow these procedures.
- Connect the USB with bootable to your Windows computer
- Restart the PC
- Press Esc/F10/F12 to open the computer BIOS (depending on your BIOS)
- Navigate to boot in the BIOS
- Select boot from USB flash drive
- Your computer Windows will begin to startup
- Follow the screen instruction to finish your setup.
Meanwhile, while installing ISO file from a USB do not choose an option to override your Windows rather select option to upgrade either from Windows 7 to Windows 8 or Windows 8 to Windows 10. You can even use the Windows ISO file to downgrade your Windows OS.
Update Windows OS
Following the procedures above you will be able to install Windows from USB. However, the next move to make sure you stay up-to-date is to upgrade your Windows OS.
Suppose you upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using USB bootable (ISO) you will need to check for an update to make sure you are secure from online viruses and Trojans.
- Click on the Start Menu
- Tap on the Settings gear
- Tap on update & security
- Click on Windows update
- Download and install available updates.
Note that this is important when you install Windows from a bootable USB (Disc image)