Facebook live has a lot of quality contents to watch over and over again. And as Facebook live becomes more popular it becomes imperative to want to watch your favourite content on TV at home. Therefore, in this guide today, we will discuss how to watch Facebook live on Samsung Smart TV.
We will consider all the prerequisite that is required to watch Facebook live on TV at home. This approach works on all other Smart TV including the Apple TV, LG Smart TV with LG WebOS as the operating system as we as it works on Samsung Smart TV powered by TizenOS.
The first thing to do is to connect your Samsung Smart TV to the internet. It could be via the cable or using WiFi. So, in this guide, we will not leave a single stone unturned.
How to Connect Samsung Smart TV to the Internet
- Switch on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Press the “Home” button and use the left navigation button to scroll to Settings and press the “Home” button to select it.
- Scroll down to General >> Network >> Open Network Settings.
- Under “Network Type” select how you want to connect your Samsung Smart TV to the internet and press the “OK” button to select it.
- Under “Wireless Connection” select the “Network” you want to connect to and press “OK” on your remote control.
- Once you see “Successful! your TV is connected to the internet” press the “OK” button.
Now, you are just a step ready to download, install and watch Facebook live on your Samsung smart TV.
Don’t Miss: How to Go Live on Facebook
How to Install Facebook Live on Samsung Smart TV
- Press the “Home” button and navigate to “Apps” and press “OK” to select it.
- Sign in to your Samsung account and select the search button to the top right just before your account profile.
- Search for “Facebook Watch” and select it from the suggestions or popup.
- Select the “Install” icon and wait for the Facebook watch app to download and install on your smart TV.
Now, you are a step away from watching Facebook live on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Watch Facebook Live on Samsung Smart TV
And here is what to do to watch Facebook live on Samsung Smart TV [No login is required].
- Press the “Home” button on your Samsung Smart TV remote control.
- Navigate to “Apps” >> downloaded apps >> Facebook watch.
- Wait for the Facebook watch app to load. Press “OK” to close the privacy.
- Scroll down to “Live” and press the “OK” button.
- Hover to the video you want to watch live and press the “OK” button.
Now, you can take a cup of coffee, relax and start watching. You will see as the number of people participating in live streaming increases.
Note: You also have access to the live game.
How to Turn off Comment on Facebook Live Stream on Samsung Smart TV
In case you do not want to entertain any distraction while paying attention to the Facebook live stream on your Samsung Smart TV you can make a move to turn off the video comment on your device.
- Launch the Facebook watch app.
- Find the video you want to watch live and click on it to start playing the video.
- Use the right navigation pad to go to the more option and press “OK” to select it.
- Navigate to “Turn off comments” and press “OK.”
- To disable reactions select “Turn off reactions” and press “OK.”
How to View Facebook Watch Channel on Samsung Smart TV
If you care to know more about the Facebook channel you are watching live on your smart TV following the steps below.
- While you have successfully open Facebook live to start watching.
- Navigate to the “Info” option and press “OK.”
- Select “View Channel.”
- You will be taken to the Facebook channel where you will have access to all videos in the particular channel.