Microsoft 365 is a subscription service that offers Office desktop apps (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Office Online web applications. With a subscription to Microsoft 365, Microsoft updates its software regularly. You will learn how to buy and install Microsoft 365 on your PC before the end of this article.
If you’re a new Office 365 subscriber, you may want to install it on your Windows PC. If you are already using Office 365 or Office 2016 but are having problems, you may want to reinstall it to repair your Office installation. In this article, you will learn how to install Office 365or any Office on your Windows 10 PC through the “My Office Account” website.
Table of Contents
- Microsoft 365 Home
- Microsoft 365 Personal
- How to Install Microsoft 365 on Your PC
Discover the different Microsoft 365 subscriptions
Microsoft offers various subscription levels for Microsoft 365. There are three levels for private users:
Microsoft 365 Home
Up to 6 users can share this subscription. Each user can install the Office apps on all of their devices and has access to 1 TB OneDrive cloud storage.
Microsoft 365 Personal
This particular subscription is meant for one user. However, you may install the Office apps on any of your devices. You also have access to 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage.
Microsoft Home & Student:
This purchase of this Office sub can only be done once and includes Excel, PowerPoint, word. Office apps can only be installed on a PC or Mac, and the version doesn’t include OneDrive cloud storage.
Before You Start
Sign in to your Microsoft account or create a free Microsoft account if you don’t already have one. This allows you to sign in to Microsoft 365 online apps, access your OneDrive cloud storage, and access your free Outlook.com email address.
How to Install Microsoft 365 on Your PC
When purchasing a Microsoft 365 subscription, you must select the version of Office you want and provide your payment information.
- Open a web browser and go to Office.com.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- After logging in, the Office portal opens, where you can access Office Online applications and manage your Office subscription.
- Choose Buy Microsoft 365.
- Select Buy Now for the Office subscription of your choice if you want to pay an annual subscription fee, or select OR Buy for $ 9.99 a month if you’re going to pay a monthly subscription fee.
- Would you like to try Microsoft 365 before you buy it? Select Try Free and sign up for a 30-day trial of Microsoft 365.
- Check the shopping cart information and choose Checkout.
- Select a payment method. Choose a credit or debit card, PayPal, or a bank account.
- Enter the payment details.
- Choose Save.
- Choose Place Order.
- The Microsoft shopping cart with a completed order for Office 365 Home
- Your order will be processed, and you will receive an email receipt for the transaction.
How to Install Microsoft 365 on a Windows PC
The first step in installing, reinstalling, or repairing Office 365 on a Windows PC is to map Office 365 to a Microsoft account. If you’ve already linked an Office account to your Microsoft account, you can install Office for the first time, reinstall Office, or install Office on another computer.
The second step is to Install Microsoft 365 on Your PC
Microsoft enables the holder of the Office 365 Home subscription to install Office on up to 5 PCs. This leaves room to share your other four facilities with close friends or family. No requirements are required for other Microsoft accounts.
To install Office 365, log in to the My Office Account page and choose Install. You may be asked to enter your account information, e.g. For example, the email address and password associated with your copy of Office.
When the Installation Information section appears on your computer screen, select Install, by default, the promotion installs the 32-bit version of Office on your PC in the language that you selected when using the product. If you want to install the 64-bit version, change your language, or choose other options, see the following section, Custom installation options.
In your browser, switch to the installation popup window that appears and click on Execute, Configure or Save, depending on the browser you are using.
Click Yes to start the installation. When you see “You are done”, select Everything is set.
During the installation, you can watch the video to learn more about Office.
Once the Office 365 version is installed, you can start using your Office applications.
For more information about installing or reinstalling Office 365 or Office 2016 on your Windows computer, you can visit Office.com.
If someone in your household uses Microsoft 365, they don’t need to purchase a subscription. You can share your Microsoft 365 Home subscription with up to five other people.
When you share a Microsoft 365 subscription, everyone has access to:
- Applications: The latest version of office applications for PC, Mac, tablets and smartphones.
- Cloud storage: 1 TB storage on OneDrive.
- Skype calls: Call mobile phones and landlines, up to 60 minutes a month.
- Outlook email: 50 GB of email storage.
- Log in with your Microsoft account which you have used to set up the Microsoft 365 sub.
- On the Office portal page, select Install Office.
- Choose the Sharing tab.
- Choose Start Sharing.
- In the Share Office popup window, choose:
- Invite by email: Send a link in an email.
- Invite via a link – Create a link that you can copy and send to the person in an email, text message, or other forms.
- When a family member receives the link, they install Office on their PC.