Samsung TV remote not working blinking red light could be a bad omen that you need to change your remote TV or replace your TV with a new one. But wait, when the Samsung smart TV remote not working blinking red light it’s a sign that the remote is not dead. That, the Samsung TV remove still connect to its components and bring out the red light that is blinking on the remote.
If the Samsung smart TV remote not working with a red light blinking it could be seen from two different angles. If the red light is blinking non-stop or the red light blinks randomly.
Either way, we will relay you to some fixes that work for people in the Samsung community and how best the Samsung TV remote not working blinking red light can be handled without getting a new Samsung smart TV remote.
Meanwhile, if the approaches we discuss in the guide didn’t solve your Samsung smart TV red light blinking it could mean that the Samsung TV version you are using is outdated.
However, if your Samsung TV not working blinking red light on your remote you will likely experience the following as well.
1. If the Samsung smart TV remote red light is blinking repeatedly it could mean that your remote has been unpaired from your TV.
2. If the red light on your Samsung smart TV remote keeps blinking it could also mean that the batteries are no longer good enough. Or better still, it could mean that the remote batteries are dead.
3. If your Samsung smart TV remote red light keeps blinking only a few meters from your TV set you may need to unpair the TV and the remote and repair them again.
4. If your Samsung smart TV remote not working red light blinking stops when you press any button and start a moment after or the remote stopped working but the TV work perfectly with the Comcast TV remote.
Whether your Samsung TV remote red light keeps blinking repeatedly or randomly and stops if you press a button and later start blinking the red light again here is how to fix it.
- Remove the batteries in the Samsung TV remote that is blinking red light.
- Hold the remote power button for 20 seconds (without the batteries inserted.)
- Release the TV remote power about after 20 seconds.
- Reinsert the batteries into the remote component.
- Press and hold the “Play/Pause” and “Back” buttons simultaneously.
The process above reset your Samsung smart TV remote and repair the TV and remote together.
There has been a lot of testimonies that the steps above fix the Samsung smart TV flashing red light repeatedly and randomly.
This basic approach provides the solution you are looking for to fix your Samsung smart TV remote not working blinking red light. However, we will further suggest other measures to put into consideration when your TV remote keeps blinking red light.
Reduce the Distance between you and the Samsung Smart TV
Keeping more than 30 feet distance from your TV while using the remote will not make the remote control work for you. So, if your TV remote blinks red light when you are pressing it and it doesn’t control the TV, then, you have to pay attention to the distance between you and the TV.
To confirm that it’s not caused by the distance between you and your TV, move closer to the TV and see if the remote will work perfectly.
However, if the red light keeps blinking even after you reduce the distance between where you are standing and the TV, then, the TV might wear out.
We consider how to how to fix Samsung Smart TV Volume Stuck also. Do consider checking it out.
Replace your Samsung TV Remote if it Wears Out
This is not common but it doesn’t mean it’s not possible. If your remote wears out you will notice that the button will be malfunctioning such as the remote not working as expected or you have to press a particular key on the remote multiple times for it to work.
And this is because the remote compartment such as the electrical contact that makes it function as a body has started losing contact. So, you have to press harder for the remote to work.
At this point, your remote is due for replacement. Fortunately enough, you can order your Samsung smart TV with the model number from the official Samsung store website or Amazon to provide a permanent fix to the Samsung TV remote not working blinking red light.
Change the Remote Battery and use New Batteries
Most people are fond of using old and new batteries together when their TV remote is not functioning well. This doesn’t only spoils the TV remote it can also make the remote to be malfunctioning by blinking red light randomly or repeatedly.
Therefore, it’s recommended to use new batteries on your remote when the TV is blinking red light and stop when you press any key on the remote.
Follow the procedures below to change your Samsung smart TV remote battery to fix Samsung smart TV remote not working blinking red light.
- Open the battery pack cover on your TV remote.
- Push the battery and move it up to remote it.
- Repeat the same process on the second battery.
- Insert your new batteries accordingly.
- Cover the batteries pack.
First, observe the remote for some minutes whether the blinking red light has stopped and start to use it.
Dirt Remote Batteries Chips
If your TV remote batteries chips are dirty then the TV remote might not work. This is one of the few steps to take when your Samsung smart TV remote is not working. When the chips are rusted you need to clean the metal so that the batteries will be able to connect to the battery chips and send the necessary signals to the TV remote board.
To fix your Samsung smart TV battery compartment kindly follow the steps below.
- Get a sharp object such as a small knife.
- Erase the rusted part of the battery chips.
- Get some isopropyl alcohol and dip a cotton board into it.
- Use it to clean the corrosive part.
- Make sure that the dirt turn to an aluminum color.
Now, reinsert the batteries accordingly into the compartment and see whether the remote will start working.
With the methods we suggested in this article, you should be able to fix Samsung TV remote not working blinking red light.